Last post by AlienDev
Yesterday 09:40 PM
7 Replies, 555 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #61
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

^That's not ES. Work on it or pass!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #62
TweakyX
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelzbury View Post
3 sided pvp conflict? -good luck balancing dat shit.

But here's to hoping they do it well.

Ever play Dark Age of Camelot? D A O C ftw
TweakyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #63
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakyX View Post
Ever play Dark Age of Camelot? D A O C ftw
Death to the Hibs and Mids
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #64
Testcase
Evil Dead

I sincerely hope this isn't the death knell for the Elder Scrolls as a singleplayer RPG... cuz.. man, that'd suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post

As for healers.. they're just fucked.
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #65
eighties
Evil Dead

It uses the hero engine...the same graphic engine as starwars old repub and been working on it since 2007, sure doesn't look like it!
eighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #66
Primernova
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighties View Post
It uses the hero engine...the same graphic engine as starwars old repub and been working on it since 2007, sure doesn't look like it!
That doesn't make much sense though. Elder Scrolls plus some DAoC devs should/would cause the Gamebryo engine to rear its ugly head.

Even "Hero" engine, if that's the way it's going is a super big letdown. In TOR, it doesn't look very good and is a real drag on systems. Don't know if that's BW's fault or just a bad engine.

Skyrim is the first ES game I have ever played, simply due to me not being able to look at character models on Gamebryo.

On that note, I decided to give Aion a try again since it went F2P. It's Crytek engine is just beautiful and so easy to run, it even has a second engine if you want more texture but it currently has AA disabled so I'll wait on that. If Rift or SWTOR used that engine, I would bet they would have a much wider appeal.
Primernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #67
PopoWRX
Oghren's Drinking Buddy

To top off the lackluster screenshots, looks like combat will just be standard fare hotbars/third person combat. No housing, etc.

What exactly of this game is it Elder Scrolls besides story? At least World of Warcraft looked warcrafty, this doesn't look like any of the previous games.

Color me disappointed. I wouldn't have minded an Elder Scrolls MMO if it was like the single player RPGs in combat with some tuning as a first person MMO would have been fun and a bit different.

I'll await Guild Wars 2 and keep WoW on the backburner. Sounds like I don't need to leave those two for that type of gameplay.
PopoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #68
Elysium
Evil Dead

What a turnaround from a genuinely exciting announcement to a complete fail of a reveal. The screenshots look pathetically generic, and it doesn't sound like they've leveraged any of the potential of an Elder Scrolls MMO - namely the things that ES games do well.

The idea of the game might have gotten me to try out another MMO, but now they have no chance.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #69
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The screenshots are a huge letdown.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #70
skinnyboy30
Lord

So a little info on the game.
The PvP is in the center of the map,you are fighting over the area where Oblivion took place. It is EXACTLY like how Guild Wars is set up for the World v World.

The combat is a rip right from Guild Wars as well. Depending on what weapons you are using is what type of combat moves you can do, every set has 2 "combo finishers" and there are a total of 8 slots for moves/spells.

There is no Housing in the game but there are the different guilds you can belong to, The Fighters Guild, Wizards Guild Ect. You can become the "master" of each guild in your game, dunno what the perks are for doing that.

There are no real quests in the game. Another direct lift from Guild Wars 2. You do all your leveling ala Public Quests. They what you to explore and level from doing that. This is the same set up that Guild Wars 2 uses for their "questing" system.

All the dungeons are "open world" as in they are NOT instanced. They have said as well that there WILL be some instanced content/dungeons but the big ones are open for everyone to just enter and farm.

Lets see, ANOTHER direct lift from Guild Wars 2 is there is no more "holy Trinity" of classes anymore. there is no "tank" and no "healer". They are using the same thing that Guild Wars 2 is using. They said there will be a bit more healing in the game form certain classes but its not going to be a need to have one of them in each group. As it stands a good group of 5 can do all the content in the game.

Also all the Loregeeks are going to flip their s#$t since they are mashing together races into factions that would NOT work with each other.

Both companies started working on their games in about 2007, only one company publicly released what they where working on as it was being built.... makes one wonder, if walls could talk....

I have a feeling that Guild Wars 2 is to gaming what World of Warcraft was MMOs in the past, there are going to be many "clones" of that style of gameplay and this seems to be the first "clone". How well it will work out is up in the air, i've only seen a few demos of it and it does look good BUT it has that damn Hero Engine working against it. The controls are a bit slugish and the great part of the Guild Wars 2 combat sytem is not in this game aka the ability of being able to dodge and/or move while fighting.
skinnyboy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #71
Anenome
Autarchist

Non-instanced dungeons? Ugh. Hello griefing :|
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #72
PacerDawn
Subscriber

I'm not going to play this because I have sworn off MMO's, they just are not enjoyable to me any more.

That said, I'm playing EverQuest again, but only because it went free to play and I don't have to spend any money on a membership fee or that Station Cash stuff.

That said I just bought a bunch of Station Cash when it was on sale for 2/3 off, but I definitely have no need to buy a gold membership.

That said I just bought a 3 month gold membership because they were giving away some good items with it.

I hate my life...
Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #73
Froggy
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyboy30 View Post
So a little info on the game.
The PvP is in the center of the map,you are fighting over the area where Oblivion took place. It is EXACTLY like how Guild Wars is set up for the World v World.

The combat is a rip right from Guild Wars as well. Depending on what weapons you are using is what type of combat moves you can do, every set has 2 "combo finishers" and there are a total of 8 slots for moves/spells.

There is no Housing in the game but there are the different guilds you can belong to, The Fighters Guild, Wizards Guild Ect. You can become the "master" of each guild in your game, dunno what the perks are for doing that.

There are no real quests in the game. Another direct lift from Guild Wars 2. You do all your leveling ala Public Quests. They what you to explore and level from doing that. This is the same set up that Guild Wars 2 uses for their "questing" system.

All the dungeons are "open world" as in they are NOT instanced. They have said as well that there WILL be some instanced content/dungeons but the big ones are open for everyone to just enter and farm.

Lets see, ANOTHER direct lift from Guild Wars 2 is there is no more "holy Trinity" of classes anymore. there is no "tank" and no "healer". They are using the same thing that Guild Wars 2 is using. They said there will be a bit more healing in the game form certain classes but its not going to be a need to have one of them in each group. As it stands a good group of 5 can do all the content in the game.

Also all the Loregeeks are going to flip their s#$t since they are mashing together races into factions that would NOT work with each other.

Both companies started working on their games in about 2007, only one company publicly released what they where working on as it was being built.... makes one wonder, if walls could talk....

I have a feeling that Guild Wars 2 is to gaming what World of Warcraft was MMOs in the past, there are going to be many "clones" of that style of gameplay and this seems to be the first "clone". How well it will work out is up in the air, i've only seen a few demos of it and it does look good BUT it has that damn Hero Engine working against it. The controls are a bit slugish and the great part of the Guild Wars 2 combat sytem is not in this game aka the ability of being able to dodge and/or move while fighting.
Um, source? Didja check your crystal ball or was it full on goat liver action?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
Anenome
Autarchist

I won't be playing because of the likely monthly fee.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #75
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

^Indeed. No monthly fees please.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #76
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I'm not going to play this because I have sworn off MMO's, they just are not enjoyable to me any more.

That said, I'm playing EverQuest again, but only because it went free to play and I don't have to spend any money on a membership fee or that Station Cash stuff.

That said I just bought a bunch of Station Cash when it was on sale for 2/3 off, but I definitely have no need to buy a gold membership.

That said I just bought a 3 month gold membership because they were giving away some good items with it.

I hate my life...
That was funny and sad at the same time . The only MMO i have ever played is Everquest and I quit cold turkey one day, it just felt like work. I did start a Guild with some guy, so every time I got on some body "wanted" something which did not let me play much. I have not touched an MMO since. But I did enjoy the game when I got to play the game.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #77
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Dan View Post
every time I got on some body "wanted" something which did not let me play much.
Many of us created alts to 'hide' in between raid time for this reason. Well, for one thing, you eventually reach a point where your main has nothing left to do in the world except raid too. Maybe MMOs need a sort of call-waiting feature, put yourself on 'away' or 'questing' when you don't want to get messaged.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #78
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I hate my life...
That would explain the Steven Colbert sig. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote