Evil Avatar  




Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Forbes: Assassin's Creed...
Last post by PSPfreak
Today 06:30 PM
48 Replies, 3,928 Views
The Steam Exploration...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 06:22 PM
13 Replies, 664 Views
Xbox Live Games with...
Last post by Venkman
Today 06:10 PM
1 Replies, 181 Views
Call of Duty: Advanced...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:08 PM
4 Replies, 446 Views
Suggestions for New...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:55 PM
15 Replies, 433 Views
PS Plus Monthly Games...
Last post by Julio
Today 05:27 PM
7 Replies, 459 Views
Jurassic World Trailer
Last post by Suicidal ShiZuru
Today 05:16 PM
25 Replies, 1,526 Views
HBO GO Available Now on...
Last post by Anemone
Today 05:04 PM
34 Replies, 3,107 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 19,314
Blog Entries: 50
Marvel's The Avengers - TV Spots: Balance, Together



Earth's Mightiest Heroes take the battle to the streets of New York in this
new TV spot for "Marvel's The Avengers," in theaters and IMAX 3D May 4.

Click on the headline to watch the "Together" trailer.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 19,314
Blog Entries: 50
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead
 
Metal Khaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 921
Blog Entries: 1
Shit is going to be good. All of those Marvel-made movies have all been decent to better. And I trust Whedon enough to make something that's not going to make me want to gauge my eyes out.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Radiozo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth
Posts: 1,259
Cant wait. Gonna see it tomorrow.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead
 
Metal Khaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 921
Blog Entries: 1
Still less than a week away until it debuts here. Think few friends and I are all going to try and catch it in IMAX 3D.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Smicer
Death Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 70
It's great! Saw it thursday and I want to see it again already. Great action and awesome oneliners!
Smicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead
 
Metal Khaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 921
Blog Entries: 1
Damn you! Good to hear though.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
Radiozo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
Still less than a week away until it debuts here. Think few friends and I are all going to try and catch it in IMAX 3D.
We dont have any IMAX theaters in Sweden. AFAIK the only ones in Europe are in London.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
Radiozo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
We dont have any IMAX theaters in Sweden. AFAIK the only ones in Europe are in London.
Wrong. There are quite a few of them in Europe. Nowhere close where I live though
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
That Guy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 310
Imax 3D for me on Friday. Anticipation is too small a word.
__________________
Skepticism is my religion and sarcasm my philosophy.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
defiant
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 805
Holy shit....did Australia actually get something before the rest of the world?! I saw this on Friday night and can honestly say it is the BEST super hero movie I have ever seen in recent memory.

The action scenes, special effects and script all perfectly complement a very well thought out and articulated plot, and didn't in any way feel superfluous and unnecessary.

Apart from the fight scenes being absolutely visceral and satisfying, there were many humorous scenes and jokes which infected the audience with raucous laughter.....and I am not talking about puerile toilet humor like an autobot urinating on a person, but mature and intelligent humor that naturally flowed from the personality of the characters, their interactions and their reactions to their immediate circumstances and surroundings.

It's so good that in hindsight you truly realize that all the derivative formulaic rubbish pumped out by the likes of Michael Bay, Peter Berg et al, in recent times are incredibly sad excuses for an action movie, and that The Avengers sets the benchmark for what a good movie should be like.
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Mazzicc
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: a mile in the sky (Denver)
Posts: 1,590
Everytime I see Hawkeye in the trailers, I think about how stupid his premise is outside of comic books. We'll see how he fares in the movie I guess, but with guns and superpowers, he just doesn't seem all that much of a big deal. Even Black Widow doesn't either, but she at least is sexy.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #13
GBSOD
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 469
Saw it friday, and agree with defiant on everything. Great flick Joss did not dissapoint. The only downside is I don't know how long Marvel can keep that level of quality up for.
__________________
"The darkness writhes."
GBSOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
vallor
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
Holy shit....did Australia actually get something before the rest of the world?! I saw this on Friday night and can honestly say it is the BEST super hero movie I have ever seen in recent memory.

The action scenes, special effects and script all perfectly complement a very well thought out and articulated plot, and didn't in any way feel superfluous and unnecessary.

Apart from the fight scenes being absolutely visceral and satisfying, there were many humorous scenes and jokes which infected the audience with raucous laughter.....and I am not talking about puerile toilet humor like an autobot urinating on a person, but mature and intelligent humor that naturally flowed from the personality of the characters, their interactions and their reactions to their immediate circumstances and surroundings.

It's so good that in hindsight you truly realize that all the derivative formulaic rubbish pumped out by the likes of Michael Bay, Peter Berg et al, in recent times are incredibly sad excuses for an action movie, and that The Avengers sets the benchmark for what a good movie should be like.
Looks like all the halmarks of Joss Whedon. Can't wait... one more week and I'll be there. Probably in just regular 3D but I have high hopes.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #15
Azrael
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,093
Seen it on Wednesday, was amazing. Actually thinking of going to watch it again. Couldn't hear quite a few lines due to crowd laughing... Will be very interested to see how much this film pulls in. Now looking forward to Avengers 2!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #16
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead
 
Metal Khaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 921
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBSOD View Post
Saw it friday, and agree with defiant on everything. Great flick Joss did not dissapoint. The only downside is I don't know how long Marvel can keep that level of quality up for.
Hopefully for awhile longer as Joss only saw that film as Avengers part 1. They have plans to make two more films, but nothing set yet. They are waiting to see how Avengers fairs first before diving into another one.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Radiozo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth
Posts: 1,259
Saw it tonight. It was awesome. Easily the best movie so far based on a cartoon imho. Gonna see it again next week
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
GBSOD
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
Hopefully for awhile longer as Joss only saw that film as Avengers part 1. They have plans to make two more films, but nothing set yet. They are waiting to see how Avengers fairs first before diving into another one.

Excellent news, bring on 2 and 3!
__________________
"The darkness writhes."
GBSOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead
 
Metal Khaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 921
Blog Entries: 1
You know they're planning on it. I'm just thankful that they said Avengers is a stand-alone film. It might set a tone for their film 'universe', but it won't end in some super cliffhanger. It's a self-contained movie.

Need to remember to stay for after-credits scene!
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,344
Blog Entries: 23
I hate Black Widow so much. They should have put that chick from madmen with the other implants as Ms. Marvel. :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Another golden AP quote. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
If women didn't have vaginas, men would hunt them with dogs. For sport.
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
marvel's the avengers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 PM.