Today 12:08 PM
1 Replies, 174 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #41
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
So the god child who contradicts himself and the lore several times within a ten minute scene, is cool?
I didn't notice him contradict a damn thing and I watched it twice.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #42
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
Just went back to finish the game for the better 'ending' where Shep lives. Still.. meh. Hope this DLC is worth the wait.
What the hell are you talking about?? What better ending? I had my green bar maxed, why didn't I get the best ending?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #43
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

"So yeah, and one more thing, if you want Shepard to live, you have to destroy the reapers when you do new game +. "

Answered my own question.. Screw that, I'm not playing a second time, already played with an import char on Insanity.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
lockwoodx
Photobomber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_3

Quote:
In Star Control 3 it is revealed that to protect themselves from the Eternal Ones, a race that inefficiently consumed the energy of all sentient beings once an eon, the Precursors genetically modified themselves to mentally resemble the intelligence of a cow. They created mindless robots (the Daktaklakpak) to reverse the process after the Eternal Ones left. They also left huge caches of their technologies on planets in hopes other races could find how to defeat the Eternal Ones. During the last feeding, their robots malfunctioned, leaving them stranded at that intelligence level for thousands of years. Humans, forever searching for the Precursors but oblivious to their plight, along with many other races found the meat of the Precursors, called by them Ortogs (a 6-legged cow), more delicious than cow, and hence raised, domesticated, and consumed them in massive quantities. The process was able to be temporarily reversed on a single Precursor, giving this knowledge to a captain before it died, instructing him to keep the nature of the Ortogs secret, but to stop their consumption as a food product.
I enjoyed Mass Effect 3 the first time back in 1996. If the new version wasn't such a joke I would have warned you guys about EA ripping off the plot a while ago but the /popcorn is just too delicious to pass up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
xxBlackCrossxx
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
True, unfortunately it seems this whole thing was not in fact planned out by the writers at all. It would've been a brilliant stroke to troll the entire community with a fake ending that actually had a storytelling reason, as if that were the end--essentially creating some of the fantastic false endings of past games--then release the real ending.

Unforunately the purpose, I believe, was so satisfy the suits who told them not to close off the story so they could suck blood out of the fan-base with future properties in the same universe.

Which is stupid, because even if you closed off the story you could still do all sorts of stuff in that universe, just as Star Wars did.

They, the writers, know it and cringe. The suits know it and don't care.

Do 1 min of research on who Drew Karypyshyn is. It is he who created the ME universe. Realize also that he was completely sidelined for much of part 2 and all of part 3. He went from head writer on 1 to barely getting a writing credit at all on 3, if at all? I dunno. But we know that Bioware sidelined him for 3. This is not the ending a writer like Karpyshyn would've given us.

Btw, Karypshyn is also responsible for the glorious story that is KOTOR and the shocking ending of that game. This guy knows how to make a goddamn story. There would be NO Star Wars:TOR but for his writing genius that made KOTOR a classic game experience. Yet they tossed him aside like yesterday's liver for Mass Effect. The whole thing is a travesty of injustice.
interesting, no, i havent heard the name but ill check it out. thanks. i read that hudson and one other guy supposedly just locked themselves in a room and wrote the ending? im still hoping for the IT, just because ive never experienced something like that before. but thanks ill check out this dude. any reason why he was not writing on it? i think the writing leading up to the conclusion was fairly excellent, plot wise as well. i just got the final hours app on the itunes app store. pretty interesting.
xxBlackCrossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
xxBlackCrossxx
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
"So yeah, and one more thing, if you want Shepard to live, you have to destroy the reapers when you do new game +. "

Answered my own question.. Screw that, I'm not playing a second time, already played with an import char on Insanity.
wait, there is a different ending with a new game +? i thought the secret ending was over 4k EMS on DESTROY option?
xxBlackCrossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #47
Anenome
Autarchist

I doubt they had the indoctrination theory in mind and this elaborate plan to release a true ending as DLC later, thus surprising the entire playerbase.

But, now that we've all accepted that premise as the only one that MAKES ANY GODDAMN SENSE, Bioware would be crazy not to adopt that position, agree that their writers are (accidental) geniuses, and pick up the line from there and deliver the true ending via free DLC.

Done right, it could be something other games start doing. It would always have to be free DLC, but it would be a bit like allowing everyone to get to that point at the end at the same time, then POW, the true ending, which can launch you into future properties and renew enthusiasm.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain bin, mass effect 3