Space Station 76 Trailer
Last post by MasterKwan
Today 04:43 AM
18 Replies, 1,852 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
xxBlackCrossxx
Lord

having played all three games i am under the firm belief of the indocrination theory. the third game has many clues and different narrative techniques not used in the other mass effect games. i saw many of them while playing. if true, which i definitely think so, will go down as one of the most brilliant pieces of storytelling imo in the medium and all the knee jerk reactions will look silly. its all there in the storytelling at the end, because there is no end.

the writers obviously left the ending vague and open for an intended purpose, these people arent stupid, the ending as it currently is has no viable continuity within its own canon. they know this. why have amazing writing for three games only to shit the bed for the last 15 mintues. its intended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOye...eature=related
xxBlackCrossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
xxBlackCrossxx
Lord

also, only for people who finished it, spoilery end videos.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
vallor
Evil Dead

Wow, they didn't even maintain price through a few months... most games try to at least keep their ASP close to launch price through the nearest Christmas season.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBlackCrossxx View Post
having played all three games i am under the firm belief of the indocrination theory. the third game has many clues and different narrative techniques not used in the other mass effect games. i saw many of them while playing. if true, which i definitely think so, will go down as one of the most brilliant pieces of storytelling imo in the medium and all the knee jerk reactions will look silly. its all there in the storytelling at the end, because there is no end.

the writers obviously left the ending vague and open for an intended purpose, these people arent stupid, the ending as it currently is has no viable continuity within its own canon. they know this. why have amazing writing for three games only to shit the bed for the last 15 mintues. its intended.

Quote:

WHY ISN'T ANYBODY READING THE PREVIOUS ME3 THREADS WE HAVE GONE OVER THIS RAEG!

Great post either way. Did you know the real story behind ME3 was gonna be done via DLC (ME3 was ridiculously cut up and sold in many shapes and form ex toys and shit) however after the backlash we might get it for free...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Well I finally reached the ending of ME3 and WTF I thought it was GOOD? Figures that my opinion is different from 99% of gamers again.

I noticed that the three different choices resulted in the same outcome really except for coloring and character differences, which was a bit of cop out but SO not a big deal.

Nerd rage strikes again, I guess.
So the god child who contradicts himself and the lore several times within a ten minute scene, is cool?
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
Hydroeric
Subscriber

I find the MP in this game to be crazy addictive. The fact that you upgrade by purchasing 'card packs' really excites my Magic: The Gathering area of my brain. Not to mention is damn fun.

I've spent over 20 hours just playing that and only recently starting putting time towards the SP campaign.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
xxBlackCrossxx
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
WHY ISN'T ANYBODY READING THE PREVIOUS ME3 THREADS WE HAVE GONE OVER THIS RAEG!

Great post either way. Did you know the real story behind ME3 was gonna be done via DLC (ME3 was ridiculously cut up and sold in many shapes and form ex toys and shit) however after the backlash we might get it for free...
oh right on, cool, i havent seen those threads but i will try to find them now. just beat the game yesterday so im looking for some good discussion on this theory and anything else. !

thx!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
Butters66
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
$30 for a triple-a game that only launched a couple months ago is pretty bargain-bin to me.
Most AAA titles you can get on opening day for $40. GOW3 was this way. It is usually some bonus credit that Amazon, Gamestop, and Bestbuy play games with but I have done it several times now.

Then you have to wait, but the $30 sales start pretty soon after the release. This is getting to be the norm.

Look at how blu-ray price drops go and you will see a similar trend.
Butters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #29
Rommel
International Playboy

Purchased! I put 31 hours into the first and 39 into the second this month. Mind you, my schedule only allows me to play on weekends. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM, finished both as Ultimate Paragon Shepard: Space Slut. Alternately, he's a slut ... in spaaaaaaaaaaace!

Who's the citadelís private specter
that's drinks the Asari commandoís sweet blue nectar?
(Shepard!)
You're damn right

I am a wee bit Bioware burned out, however, so I think I will wait a bit before I tackle the third. I would like for the revised ending to come out first, but I may not be able to resist.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
So the god child who contradicts himself and the lore several times within a ten minute scene, is cool?
Mav wins this thread.
Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
having played all three games i am under the firm belief of the indocrination theory...if true, which i definitely think so, will go down as one of the most brilliant pieces of storytelling imo in the medium and all the knee jerk reactions will look silly.
True, unfortunately it seems this whole thing was not in fact planned out by the writers at all. It would've been a brilliant stroke to troll the entire community with a fake ending that actually had a storytelling reason, as if that were the end--essentially creating some of the fantastic false endings of past games--then release the real ending.

Quote:
the writers obviously left the ending vague and open for an intended purpose
Unforunately the purpose, I believe, was so satisfy the suits who told them not to close off the story so they could suck blood out of the fan-base with future properties in the same universe.

Which is stupid, because even if you closed off the story you could still do all sorts of stuff in that universe, just as Star Wars did.

Quote:
these people arent stupid, the ending as it currently is has no viable continuity within its own canon. they know this.
They, the writers, know it and cringe. The suits know it and don't care.

Quote:
why have amazing writing for three games only to shit the bed for the last 15 mintues. its intended.
Do 1 min of research on who Drew Karypyshyn is. It is he who created the ME universe. Realize also that he was completely sidelined for much of part 2 and all of part 3. He went from head writer on 1 to barely getting a writing credit at all on 3, if at all? I dunno. But we know that Bioware sidelined him for 3. This is not the ending a writer like Karpyshyn would've given us.

Btw, Karypshyn is also responsible for the glorious story that is KOTOR and the shocking ending of that game. This guy knows how to make a goddamn story. There would be NO Star Wars:TOR but for his writing genius that made KOTOR a classic game experience. Yet they tossed him aside like yesterday's liver for Mass Effect. The whole thing is a travesty of injustice.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroeric View Post
I find the MP in this game to be crazy addictive. The fact that you upgrade by purchasing 'card packs' really excites my Magic: The Gathering area of my brain. Not to mention is damn fun.
o_O? Card packs with random upgrades or w/e are nothing more than a cynical way to rip more money out of a dedicated fanbase. They're bullshit. Do the math and figure out how much getting the actual ability or w/e you want costs you. In random card-pack settings it's always an order of magnitude more than you'd be willing to pay straight up.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #33
Windsong
Evil Dead

More like Ghey Effect 3. $30 bucks for this shovelware? I suppose it is asking too much for a game with the enjoyability factor of Witcher 2?
Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Just went back to finish the game for the better 'ending' where Shep lives. Still.. meh. Hope this DLC is worth the wait.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
Just went back to finish the game for the better 'ending' where Shep lives. Still.. meh. Hope this DLC is worth the wait.
You mean the one where he breaks out of Indoctrination? Yeah that is how ME3 SHOULD HAVE STARTED.
Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
They'll need a hell of an explanation how Shep lives. If you watch that ending, he / she is laying amongst concrete rubble and re-bar pipes. The Citadel and such was made out of Prothean tech, not exactly Terran concrete so how did Shep manage to activate the Mass Relays up there then get himself / herself down to ground level amongst this rubble?
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #37
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Yeah I know (to both of you). I already read up all about that and made those same conclusions when I first finished the game. I just wanted to go back and do that for myself. So technically there's only ONE ending.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #38
Apex
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post

Seriously, if you think its a 'god child' you need to go back and play all 3 Mass Effect games again.

xxxBlackCrossxxx win :P
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #39
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Space love magic child who controls the weapers.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #40
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

And the always appropriate:

Tags
bargain bin, mass effect 3