Amazon to air HBO...
Last post by Mr. Lake
Today 07:43 PM
13 Replies, 402 Views

Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
PacerDawn
Subscriber

The Humble Botanicula Debut

The folks at Humble Bundle have launched their latest Bundle, the Humble Botanicula Debut. This bundle contains several adventure games from Amanita design, as well as a puzzle game and... a movie?

Quote:
A brand-new adventure game from Amanita Design. Botanicula has players adventuring as a motley band of tree creatures trying to save their home from parasitic invaders.

...Plus Amanita Design's award-winning hits and more. Amanita Design's unique vision shines in the atmospheric Samorost 2 and Machinarium. Pay more than the average price, and you'll also receive the full-length feature film Kooky (with art direction by Amanita Design founder Jakub Dvorský), and Vectorpark's puzzle-art game Windosill! And soundtracks for the Amanita Design games are included!
Items included this time around are:

Botanicula
In Botanicula, you must guide a motley band of tree creatures in a journey to save their home from brooding, spider-like invaders. With a huge cast of charming characters, Botanicula is the latest and greatest example of Amanita Design's unique storybook vision brought to vivid fruition in a point-and-click adventure game. And the award-winning original soundtrack to Botanicula, created by the Czech alternative band DVA, is included with every bundle!

Machinarium
In the point-and-click adventure game Machinarium, players guide a heroic little robot on his quest to save his friends from a trio of bullies in a dilapidated machine city. Machinarium won the Independent Games Festival (IGF) Excellence in Visual Art Award in 2009 for its incredibly detailed environments and the unique personalities of the many characters inhabiting the city. The Machinarium soundtrack is included in every bundle purchase.

Samorost 2
In Samorost 2, players guide a valiant gnome who must save his dog after it is abducted by a pair of fruit-stealing aliens. Samorost 2 won the Independent Games Festival (IGF) Award for Best Web Browser Game in 2007, and was one of the first games to showcase Amanita Design's unique narrative vision with a strong, visually-anchored adventure. The Samorost 2 soundtrack is included with every bundle.

Windosill
Windosill is a delightful point-and-click puzzle game built around odd visuals and surprising interactions. The creator, Patrick Smith of Vectorpark, creates novel games and animations that deliver toy-like interactivity alongside clean, intricate visual art.

Kooky
The Czech full-length feature film Kooky tells the tale of a stuffed bear on a quest to return home after being thrown away, featuring an imaginative blend of live-action sequences, stop motion, and puppet animation. Kooky was directed by the Academy Award-winning director Jan Sverák, and features art direction by Jakub Dvorský, founder of Amanita Design. The version of Kooky available from Humble Bundle is dubbed in English and in 720p.
All games work on Mac, Windows, and Linux, and include Steam keys if applicable.

This is a true Pay-What-You-Want bundle (other than the $1 minimum), though to get Kooky and Windosill, you will have to pay more than the average.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A little underwhelming this time around, as it includes 2 games they have had in previous bundles. And the average is really high at the moment just to get one additional puzzle game. But wow, it's already hit $100,000? Humble certainly has a dedicated following.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Syl
Evil Dead

You know that Botanicula LAUNCHES with this bundle right? It came out today. Why the hell wouldn't you buy the humble bundle instead of buying it elsewhere?

Also that movie looks awesome. I picked this up.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

This is the most visually unappealing bundle I've seen yet. Every single one of them had art that I just don't like.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Azrael
Subscriber

and yet another indie bundle purchased... getting sneaky with the minimum to get the steam key :P

Machinarium has caught my eye before so should be good to give this a go
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
PacerDawn
Subscriber

I've already got Machinarium and Samorost 2 from previous bundles. I really didn't put much time into them, as unfortunately, they just didn't capture my attention. Flash games just don't do it for me I'm afraid, so I'm not all that keen on picking up the new one. If you already have these games from previous bundles, this one may not look all that appealing, but for new buyers I can see this as a pretty good deal!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
This is the most visually unappealing bundle I've seen yet. Every single one of them had art that I just don't like.
You are aware that every single game in this bundle came from the same artist, right?
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
You are aware that every single game in this bundle came from the same artist, right?
Probably why I didn't like any of them then.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote