Evil Avatar  




Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
New Monitor
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 06:36 AM
1 Replies, 2 Views
Defense Grid 2 - PAX...
Last post by lockwoodx
Today 06:29 AM
5 Replies, 340 Views
PlayStation 1.70 coming...
Last post by cruelcynic
Today 04:59 AM
3 Replies, 330 Views
36.9% of Games on Steam...
Last post by Scherge
Today 04:25 AM
22 Replies, 845 Views
Bungie Fires Composer...
Last post by Scherge
Today 02:40 AM
44 Replies, 1,688 Views
PC Gaming Alive and...
Last post by Rommel
Today 02:01 AM
101 Replies, 3,350 Views
Homeworld Remastered:...
Last post by stalazon
Today 01:17 AM
21 Replies, 1,270 Views
Borderlands Prequel...
Last post by Pluvious
Yesterday 11:57 PM
42 Replies, 2,131 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,832
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
downloading for days~
For somebody with an okay PC your internet is slow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Another golden AP quote. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #22
Syl
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 6,094
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
For somebody with an okay PC your internet is slow.
Yep. My internet is awful. Can't do much about it, blame the university.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #23
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,832
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Yep. My internet is awful. Can't do much about it, blame the university.
Can't really complain about "free" internet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Another golden AP quote. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #24
Elysium
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 284
While I think CDProjekt should be admired in their efforts to update this game, I do think it's a bit excessive. It simply makes the original game look so incomplete and unpolished it's almost like they released a beta version.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #25
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,441
And I think CDProjekt should be praised for updating an existing release, the massive update problems seem like they would negate some of that pre-update hype they were putting so much effort into.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #26
Evil_SPanKY
It aint easy being cheezy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearle View Post
Ugh -- my preload is corrupted. The patch will not install and I can no longer load the game launcher after cancelling the patch. Looks like I'll have to install from scratch. Now...where did I put that original install file...
Same here too.

Had to re-download BOTH the patch, and the GoG version of the game (deleted original install files) for a whopping 25+GB last night (and went to bed before it finished).

Will basically have to reinstall it from scratch tonight due to this. Grrrr....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx
Hell... your "embarassing" is embarrassing because you spelled it wrong while trying to use it as an attack.
Evil_SPanKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
geckokidd
Jelly Biscuit
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 261
My Steam copy updated and installed without a problem. Horray for me I guess. I had no problems at all.
geckokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
Gusj
Evil Dead
 
Gusj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_SPanKY View Post
Same here too.

Had to re-download BOTH the patch, and the GoG version of the game (deleted original install files) for a whopping 25+GB last night (and went to bed before it finished).

Will basically have to reinstall it from scratch tonight due to this. Grrrr....
You could have just downloaded the two files that were corrupt (250MB each) instead.
__________________
Gamertag: Gusj
Steam: Gusj
Gusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #29
pearle
Reaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_SPanKY View Post
Same here too.

Had to re-download BOTH the patch, and the GoG version of the game (deleted original install files) for a whopping 25+GB last night (and went to bed before it finished).

Will basically have to reinstall it from scratch tonight due to this. Grrrr....
The GoG version is prepatched to the EE so you shouldn't have to download the patch as well (I didn't).
pearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #30
pearle
Reaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusj View Post
You could have just downloaded the two files that were corrupt (250MB each) instead.
My game install was corrupted during the patch process so I had to reinstall.
pearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #31
Gusj
Evil Dead
 
Gusj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearle View Post
My game install was corrupted during the patch process so I had to reinstall.
No text in launcher right? Several people including me had this problem and updating the game with the uncorrupted files and restarting the computer fixed it.
__________________
Gamertag: Gusj
Steam: Gusj
Gusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #32
Hagetaka
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
While I think CDProjekt should be admired in their efforts to update this game, I do think it's a bit excessive. It simply makes the original game look so incomplete and unpolished it's almost like they released a beta version.
They did the same exact thing with The Witcher 1. You're surprise is... surprising. =)
Hagetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #33
pearle
Reaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusj View Post
No text in launcher right? Several people including me had this problem and updating the game with the uncorrupted files and restarting the computer fixed it.
Ah, I didn't try rebooting. I was worried other things were corrupted as well without no way to know for sure until the game started acting funny.
pearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #34
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead
 
MrWheeler460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Az
Posts: 1,023
I picked up my copy for the 360. I haven't even played it but it's awesome. It came with a booklet, game journal, map and a pendant. It's like the good old days.
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,441
I'm up and running. Does this update make me look enhanced? C'mon, be honest.....

And there was much rejoicing.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #36
randir14
Subscriber
 
randir14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWheeler460 View Post
I picked up my copy for the 360. I haven't even played it but it's awesome. It came with a booklet, game journal, map and a pendant. It's like the good old days.
Yeah, CD Projekt is one of the only developers that actually cares about its customers. They did the same thing with the PC version, where even the regular version of the game came with a bunch of bonuses. I'm glad they're making a presence on consoles now so they can earn even more money.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #37
Elysium
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagetaka View Post
They did the same exact thing with The Witcher 1. You're surprise is... surprising. =)
Not surprised as much as weary. It doesn't feel like they are adding additional content after launch, but rather that the game launched with too much cut out or incomplete.

It's the new opening and ending cutscenes, filling out areas and quests in the barren 3rd act, fixing the totally broken difficulty curve from release, new lighting engine etc etc... I think people are looking up to these guys with rose tinted goggles and not realising they are only now giving us what should have been there a year ago.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
enhanced edition, the witcher 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM.