Today 02:51 PM
9 Replies, 737 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Halo 4 Soundtrack Samples

Two different Halo 4 music tracks, which were composed by
Neil Davidge and recorded at Abbey Road Studios in England.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

London — 11 April 2012 — Microsoft and 343 Industries today announced that the team has enlisted contemporary music icon Neil Davidge of Massive Attack fame to compose the score for “Halo 4,” the highly anticipated sequel to one of the entertainment industry’s biggest franchises.

As co-writer and producer for the last three albums from pioneering trip hop group Massive Attack, Davidge is an award-winning composer, record producer, songwriter and musician who has helped create some of the most innovative sounds over the past two decades and made an indelible impression on the music industry. In addition to helping pioneer an entire genre of contemporary music, Davidge has established a career as a film composer, scoring acclaimed documentaries and composing additional music for Hollywood blockbusters like “Clash of the Titans.”

“As a passionate ‘Halo’ fan, I’m incredibly honored and thrilled to have the opportunity to compose the score for ‘Halo 4,’” said Davidge. “Music has always been at the heart of what makes ‘Halo’ so captivating and iconic. With ‘Halo 4,’ we want to build upon the franchise’s amazing legacy and create a score that captures the awe and wonder of the ‘Halo’ universe, and reinforces the deeper and more emotionally impactful journey Master Chief will embark on.”

The partnership between Davidge and 343 Industries marks the first time a new composer has taken the reins for the landmark series’ score since the launch of the original “Halo” game more than a decade ago. Working in collaboration with 343 Industries, Davidge and his production team enlisted a 16 person hand-picked male tenor / bass choir plus 10 female Bulgarian vocalists, a full 50 piece orchestra and a whole host of other performers to bring the music of “Halo 4” to life through a massive production effort on par with a major Hollywood blockbuster.

“Neil has a deep love and appreciation for the ‘Halo’ universe, and the music he’s composed perfectly captures the heroic spirit and emotional power of Master Chief’s story,” said Sotaro Tojima, audio director for “Halo 4.” “Neil is a remarkably talented composer who has a unique vision for the future of ‘Halo’ music, and I’m confident his work will spark the passion and excitement of a whole new generation of fans.”

To offer a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the “Halo 4” score, 343 Industries released a new video feature today showing a choir and orchestral recording session at Abbey Road and Angel Studios in London. The video features interviews with Davidge, Tojima and other members of the audio team discussing their vision for the music of “Halo 4,” and highlights the scope of the score’s production as a colossal undertaking that rivals a blockbuster movie.

Music fans who are hungry for more insight into the creative process behind the “Halo 4” score can visit the Waypoint blog to read a blog post by Tojima about his collaboration with Davidge, listen to and download an exclusive sample track, and see the new behind-the-scenes video and photos of the recording sessions.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Once it built up steam, I liked it. Not the same impact as the original Score from the first game, but I give them props for being different. The problem is, for most of the song, it was very generic until it built up that steam.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Cefca
Dread Lord

I liked it. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the soundtrack.
Cefca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Honestly, I'm interested in seeing the game. Changing hands may have been the best thing for the series.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
gamer odd
Dread Lord

I'm a huge fan of the halo universe but I'm really excited to see a 343's fresh take on it. So far so good.
gamer odd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
343 industries, halo 4, microsoft