Last post by GBSOD
Today 12:36 AM
34 Replies, 1,551 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Groupees Be Mine Bundle 2

The folks over at Groupees have put up their second bundle offering, the Be Mine Bundle 2. This one features the following games:

Pay at least $4 and get:
  • The Baconing (PC/MAC)
    Prepare yourself for the ultimate sci-fi adventure by entering the hilarious and sizzling world of The Baconing created by Hothead Games. You are DeathSpank, a hero and the ultimate Dispenser of Justice. You must defeat the Anti-Spank and his army of Cyborques, before they cast an evil shadow over Spanktopia. PC/MAC Steam Key Only.
  • Sol Survivor(PC)
    Jump in to intense turret defense action with Sol Survivor! Build turrets to defend your colony and the innocent colonists within. Smash enemies with volleys of actively-controlled orbital support. Play with friends in co-operative and competitive multiplayer matches or test your mettle against our new Survival mode! PC Steam Key Only.
  • Plain Sight (PC)
    Plain Sight is a multiplayer arcade game about suicidal ninja robots. Fly through space, leap over planetoids and destroy opponents with your trusty katana. Killing fellow robots lets you steal their tasty, tasty energy. Packed with spinach-like goodness; energy makes you bigger, stronger, faster and generally more awesome. PC Steam Key Only.
  • Madballs in Babo: Invasion (PC/MAC)
    The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including ‘Invasion Mode’ where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously. PC/MAC Steam Key Only.
  • Beat Hazard (PC/MAC)
    Welcome to a new experience in gameplay mechanics: Beat Hazard Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music! Experience your music collection like never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. PC/MAC Steam Key + DRM-free Download.

Pay at least $10 and also get:
  • Killing Floor (PC/Mac)
    Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS set in the devastated cities and countryside of England after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military dropped into these locations with a simple mission: Survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed… STEAM KEY ONLY

They say this is a "pay-what-you-want" bundle, but it's really not. It's a "pay as much over the base price as you want" bundle. Still, it's cheap, and proceeds go to the developers and charity, so you can't go wrong!

http://groupees.com/bemine2

I'm starting to get a little ticked off at these groups calling their bundles "pay what you want", but then telling you that you have to pay a certain minimum. That is NOT pay what you want. I'm all for giving the devs and charity their just do, but lets not call it something that it isn't.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead

The bundles used to be "Pay what you want" but too many people didn't want to pay more than a penny. This is why we can't have nice things.

This bundle has some good games in it, but I already have all but one of them.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Steam has the From Holland With Love Pack for $10 if you're looking for some more quality indie action.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
PacerDawn
Subscriber

I already have Madballs and Sol Surviver, and Beat Hazard on the iPad, but I picked the bundle up anyways. I figure I can always give away the extra keys to friends and (hopefully) it's for a good cause.

I'm a bit surprised at the price of the second tier (usually called "pay the average") this time around, $10 is the highest I've seen it. Especially considering all you really get game-wise is Killing Floor, which is almost always on sale on Steam for cheaper. Normally I buy the second tier, even if I already have the game, but this time I'm going to pass paying $6 for a game I already have that is usually on sale for around $3.

A good cheap price is going to get you a lot of new buys, and it's going to get you the people who already have the games as well. Going higher will price you out of some of those purchases.

This is the most expensive indie bundle yet, and I'm curious to see what the final take will be compared to their last bundle (or the bundles from others).
Old 04-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Syl
Evil Dead

oooh, plain sight is in a bundle!

Maybe there will be people online for a change. I love that game but there is absolutely ZERO community for it. =(

Plain Sight going on sale is a little brief moment of happiness cause i know it'll be active for a few days.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
Strider
Evil Dead

So... are these steam keys, or DRM free downloads? The site isn't really informative, and the news doesn't contain this information, too.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Azrael
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
So... are these steam keys, or DRM free downloads? The site isn't really informative, and the news doesn't contain this information, too.
All are individual steam keys which is great. Some other bundles you get 1 key and that redeems all the games (not so great). This way if you have 1 or 2 of the games already you can just give them to mates instead. As well as the steam keys and you dload drm free versions from the website itself (don't quote me).

Picked up this bundle as well. Find myself buying so many indie bundles lately, wish i had time to buy them all!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Sure it does, take a look at the end of the descriptions for each game. For example:

Quote:
  • Beat Hazard (PC/MAC)
    Welcome to a new experience in gameplay mechanics: Beat Hazard Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music! Experience your music collection like never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. PC/MAC Steam Key + DRM-free Download.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
Strider
Evil Dead

Oh there, thank you for the answers.

I still think the site is designed badly; others like humblebundle or indieroyale have a about section which actually tells you how it works in general .
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote