Last post by Paranoia
Today 03:59 AM
17 Replies, 865 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Indie Royale April Fools Bundle Now Live

The latest bundle from Indie Royale, the April Fools Bundle, is now live, and they are not fooling around by offering you 5 indie games for one low price:
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening + Resurgence DLC for: windows, desura, steam (pc)
    The definitive Tower Defense game thatís easy to pick up, engrossing to play, and hard to set down for players of all skill levels. Strategically place your towers to prevent alien enemies from stealing your power cores. Beautiful environments, spectacular effects, and a dynamic, engaging soundtrack bring the world to life. The controls are intuitive and the gameplay is deep. This award winning game includes 8+ hours of story play with 20 unique maps in the main campaign, a wide variety of tower and enemy types, plus dozens of challenge modes.
  • Hack, Slash, Loot for: windows, mac, linux, desura, steam (pc and mac)
    There are dark places in the world inhabited by evil denizens. Places filled with danger and foreboding where no ordinary man would dare to journey. However, there are a few who are willing to risk death in the name of good, in the name of justice, in the name of.. valuable loot! Hack, Slash, Loot(HSL) is a single-player turn-based dungeon crawler for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Take control of a lone hero and explore sprawling dungeons, fight dangerous monsters, and most importantly, plunder valuable treasures. HSL features thousands of items, monsters, and dungeon features, and with a new dungeon created every game you can be sure that no two plays will ever be the same. Boasting easy to master controls you'll be adventuring in no time, but there is still enough depth to challenge the most hardened of adventurers.
  • Alien Zombie Megadeath for: windows, desura, steam (pc)
    Alien Zombie Megadeath is a gloriously intense platform shoot-em-up! You are the lone Spaceman, doing boring space work on a random space platform in deep space when suddenly a huge, relentless, alien force attacks! However these are not your normal everyday aliens...these are alien ZOMBIES! Even through his protective helmet, Spaceman is sickend by their smellineess.
  • Explodemon for: windows, desura
    An explosive homage to SNES-era platformers mixed with a modern physics-puzzle twist, Explodemon is non-stop action mayhem like you've never seen before. Featuring 12 huge levels of pulse-pounding platforming, a deep control system, devastatingly up-close-and-personal combat, upgradable special abilities and comic-book style cutscenes, Explodemon brings old-school gameplay bang up to date.
  • BONUS: Astro Tripper for: windows, desura, steam (pc)
    Astro Tripper is a furious shoot-em-up experience inspired by the painful, knuckle busting video games of years gone by. An evolution of PomPom's 2001 award winning game, Space Tripper. Travel the surface of large horizontally-scrolling platforms, and pit your highly maneuverable craft against hoards of enemies eager to blow you to bits, eat you or worse.

With this bundle, the price goes up as more people buy it, so act fast to lock in a good price!

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Defense Grid is a fantastic game. If you don't have it already, this is the perfect time to pick it up. They say 8+ hours of play, but I've already got over 100 in and that is just with the base game alone.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Strider
Evil Dead

Wohoo, I was hoping someone would put Hack, Slash, Loot in some of those bundles!
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
MrButtons
Reaper

Looks fun, but also just a redux of NetHack.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrButtons View Post
Looks fun, but also just a redux of NetHack.
Well, yes, but not as much as NetHack was a redux of Rogue. This is where the term "rogue-like" comes from. This style is actually a game genre, there are quite a few out there similar (Binding of Issac, Dungeons of Dredmor, etc).

Personally, I was never a fan of Rogue or Nethack. I'm not really into the "race until you die" play-style, especially when applied to RPGs. RPGs are about the adventure, not about the high score at the end. Plus, dying has never been an endearing goal to me.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
stalazon
Dit Giudice

146 hours clocked on DG here. Well worth the price and highly recommended.
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Strider
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Well, yes, but not as much as NetHack was a redux of Rogue. This is where the term "rogue-like" comes from. This style is actually a game genre, there are quite a few out there similar (Binding of Issac, Dungeons of Dredmor, etc).

Personally, I was never a fan of Rogue or Nethack. I'm not really into the "race until you die" play-style, especially when applied to RPGs. RPGs are about the adventure, not about the high score at the end. Plus, dying has never been an endearing goal to me.
I agree about the race-until-you-die part, however, that's ideal if you don't have much time to spend but still want to do some rpg-ing.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Azrael
Subscriber

I already have Defense Grid so i'll pass but that game alone is worth picking this up. I've played quite a bit of TD before but that one was actually quite challenging
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote