Last post by Mix-Master
Today 05:17 PM
1 Replies, 306 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Gears of War 3: Forces of Nature DLC Announced

Epic Games has announced another DLC map pack for Gears of War 3, the Forces of Nature pack.

Quote:
All of the new maps in the just-announced Gears of War 3 DLC “Forces of Nature” take place during or after a natural disaster. There are three brand new maps, Cove, Aftermath and Artillery. Two old fan favorites will be making a return, Jacinto and Raven Down. Fog, snowstorms and tsunamis will make playing these maps quite an adventure.

There are also special weapons hidden in the maps during Horde and Beast mode called “Elemental Cleavers.” The cleavers do different types of damage, like an imulsion cleaver that explodes on impact. Forces of Nature CharactersFans will also be treated to four character models and seven new weapon skins. Two of the weapon skins, which were designed based on community feedback, will need to be unlocked. There is also 250 gamerscore points added with this DLC.

We listen closely to your suggestions and feedback and we’re happy to announce that the game mode Guardian will be making a return with the “Forces of Nature” DLC.

The Forces of Nature DLC will be 800 MS Points and Gears of War 3 Season Pass holders will get the content free when it launches on March 27.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Maybe I'll check these out, but unlikely. After ME3, I'm probably done with consoles.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I get these as part of my season pass, but I haven't been playing a ton of multiplayer because there are just so many good releases out now to burn through.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I get these as part of my season pass, but I haven't been playing a ton of multiplayer because there are just so many good releases out now to burn through.
Yeah, thats where I am at right now. Come ME3 day, even more to play, but I know I will go back. My buds love Horde, so all in due time we will be hitting this up again.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Skunk
Evil Dead

Still playing Gears of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine multiplayer.

Why go somewhere else when I can get the bulky TPS in a Space Marine skin?
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
Maybe I'll check these out, but unlikely. After ME3, I'm probably done with consoles.
Scary news for you, my friend. Console games are pretty much the only games right now and there are new console systems hitting store shelves next year.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead

I wish I could play multiplayer GoW3. I had fun while the "Casual" playlist was available until level 15, but now I just get raped every single time I try to play. I barely can kill anyone, and I always end up with a team of newbies and we get owned like 14-0. I guess it's "fun" for the level 99 guys, but it is totally frustrating instead for people like me.

Maybe they should keep a "Beginner" playlist around based on skills for the next game because they totally shot themselves in the foot by making newbies play with hardcore players. This is no COD where you always have a chance to come back.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Scary news for you, my friend. Console games are pretty much the only games right now and there are new console systems hitting store shelves next year.
I'll play the ports. It's okay.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
I'll play the ports. It's okay.
They certainly are fun to play in higher resolution. If only EA & Valve would go back to playing nice.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
I wish I could play multiplayer GoW3. I had fun while the "Casual" playlist was available until level 15, but now I just get raped every single time I try to play. I barely can kill anyone, and I always end up with a team of newbies and we get owned like 14-0. I guess it's "fun" for the level 99 guys, but it is totally frustrating instead for people like me.

Maybe they should keep a "Beginner" playlist around based on skills for the next game because they totally shot themselves in the foot by making newbies play with hardcore players. This is no COD where you always have a chance to come back.
Play more. I'm not that great and I get a ton of kills. Stick to play lists like Horde Mode or King of the Hill where it isn't quite as competitive because there are objectives to watch out for.

Tags
dlc, gears of war 3