Last post by rubbishfoo
Today 01:20 PM
17 Replies, 1,066 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Darksiders II Release Date, Pre-Order Bonuses and Screenshots

THQ has announced that Darksiders II will be released on June 26th in North America and June 29th in Europe. They also revealed some pre-order bonuses and released some new screenshots which you can see by clicking the headline.

Quote:
AGOURA HILLS, Calif. Feb 14, 2012 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced a range of pre-order bonuses for its upcoming action-adventure title Darksiders® II, which is scheduled to come to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC on 26th June 2012.

Death Rides

Players who pre-order the game from GAMESTOP will receive the ‘Death Rides’ pack. Featuring multiple exclusive side-quests, this pack allows the most fearless adventurers to explore more of the Maker’s Realm and Dead Plains and earn additional experience and loot. Aid an ancient Construct, battle The Bloodless and retrieve Karn’s lost treasure in around two hours of unique game play content.

Angel of Death

Pre-order the game from BEST BUY to unlock the ‘Angel of Death’ pack. Give yourself an edge with a unique set of enhanced armor with an angel inspired design as well as a pair of upgraded matching scythes and a exclusive visual trail for your companion crow Dust.

Deadly Despair Pack

People who pre-order the game from AMAZON will get to ride into battle with increased speed thanks to the ‘Deadly Despair’ pack. This unique pre-order offer adds an additional speed boost for Death’s trusty steed Despair, allowing players to travel across the vast world even faster than before. This perk is a permanent increase that will last throughout the game.

Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing commented: “We are happy to be able to offer a range of exciting offers to reward gamers for pre-ordering copies of the game prior to its June 26th release.” Darksiders II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels DEATH through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
randir14
Subscriber

randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Syl
Evil Dead

How about those who buy it for sale on steam a few months later? What do we get!?
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Taiso
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
How about those who buy it for sale on steam a few months later? What do we get!?
You get the 'Jack Shit' expansion pack.

I am still buying this game because I enjoyed the first one but fuck chain-specific exclusives.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
We get the GotY for $10.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Gonna wait and grab it for Wii-U instead.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

Skeletor is in Darksiders II?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
HB_IKE
Evil Dead

I loved the first one ... and will love this one when it hits the bargain bin.
HB_IKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
liquid sleep
Lord

If they confirm Steamworks I will probably pre-order it.
liquid sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
inscribed
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
We get the GotY for $10.
Yep, pretty much. What better way to say 'fuck you' to these stupid exclusive pre-order bonuses than to just get them all free in the inevitable GOTY edition. Any game that insists on these exclusives pretty much guarantees I won't be paying full price for the game.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #11
Azrael
Subscriber

I'm currently playing through the first one and having a great time, will definitely pick this up but chances of pre-order are slim to none
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB_IKE View Post
I loved the first one ... and will love this one when it hits the bargain bin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
I'm currently playing through the first one and having a great time, will definitely pick this up but chances of pre-order are slim to none
I just don't get you guys... I mean, do you realize that everyone waiting for a game to hit the bargin bin means a greater chance that the publisher won't continue a series that only has mediocre sales?

If you loved the first game, and you are excited for more, why wouldn't you support the game at launch? It's a miracle that they're even making games like these anymore, and you guys are too cheap to pay the developer and publishers full price for them?

And yet people complain if the production values aren't top quality, or if a dev doesn't patch and support a game well enough. How do you expect to get products of this quality if you aren't willing to pay for them?

I just don't get it.
DeluxE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxE View Post
I just don't get you guys... I mean, do you realize that everyone waiting for a game to hit the bargin bin means a greater chance that the publisher won't continue a series that only has mediocre sales?

If you loved the first game, and you are excited for more, why wouldn't you support the game at launch? It's a miracle that they're even making games like these anymore, and you guys are too cheap to pay the developer and publishers full price for them?

And yet people complain if the production values aren't top quality, or if a dev doesn't patch and support a game well enough. How do you expect to get products of this quality if you aren't willing to pay for them?

I just don't get it.
Clearly you don't. If the dev wanted to us to buy the game he would do this exclusive pre-ordering bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
Cygnus
Evil Dead

Hs it been announced for wii-u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
Gonna wait and grab it for Wii-U instead.

I support Johan's support of my support of his support of the OWS movement.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Phhhh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
Hs it been announced for wii-u?
Yeah, it was one of the few titles shown at the E3 announcement.

@Agnostic Pope, I don't know of any Dev that supports the pre-order exclusive stuff. The devs are a pretty small studio and this is only their second title. They're also part of THQ, which isn't doing too hot lately.

Those pre-order exclusives are usually driven by the stores themselves saying they'll give x amount of shelf space and promote the game if you do this. Which the publisher is usually excited about. I hate it too, but it's the nature of the beast, if you don't like it, don't buy from those stores that have it as they're the ones driving it.
Phhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
If the dev wanted to us to buy the game he would do this exclusive pre-ordering bs.
So this extra stuff, if it's not inclueded in the base game, is enough to put you off buying the game?

Who cares about most of this stuff? It's not going to ruin your experience! If anything, it's a bunch of extra fluff that adds barely anything to the overall experience.

I guess haters gotta hate...
DeluxE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
Duskfire
Evil Dead

Quote:

I just don't get it.
Amen! I help support the video games industry because you know, I like it. That doesnt mean I buy every game, but some I buy on good faith; i.e Kingdoms of Amalur, because I wish there to be more games like it. Same goes with Darksiders 2; the first was great, especially for a new developer, and I want them to continue to be in business and not get closed down like everyone else.

AP: its not the devs that have this exclusive shit, its either the retailer or the publishers themselves. Devs usually have nothing to do with it.

Just in the future, dont complain when every game released is a carbon copy of Call of Duty because you guys are standing around waiting for everything else to go in the bargain bin. Also, dont complain when yet another small developer gets closed down.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
inscribed
Evil Dead

Quote:
So this extra stuff, if it's not inclueded in the base game, is enough to put you off buying the game?

Who cares about most of this stuff? It's not going to ruin your experience! If anything, it's a bunch of extra fluff that adds barely anything to the overall experience.

I guess haters gotta hate...
2 hours of additional gameplay is not fluff...

It has nothing to do with whether or not you want to support "the gaming industry'. It has everything to do with showing developers/publishers that dumbass moves like these will hurt them far more than help.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #19
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscribed View Post
2 hours of additional gameplay is not fluff...

It has nothing to do with whether or not you want to support "the gaming industry'. It has everything to do with showing developers/publishers that dumbass moves like these will hurt them far more than help.
Damn right inscribed! Now let us go shoot Thad's computer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darksiders ii, thq, vigil games