Last post by MusicToEat
Yesterday 03:53 PM
28 Replies, 2,406 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
modeps
Get busy living.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is No Longer Titled 'Fusion'

When the latest Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 trailer was released, we noticed that when the logo appeared at the end, there was no longer the subtitle of Fusion. Contacting Activision for clarification, a spokesperson for the company has indeed confirmed that the game has dropped the 'Fusion' subtitle and will now simply be known as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Quote:
The title previously announced was a working title, and they decided to go with simply "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2" for the name.
Better off that way, I felt that naming the game after a mechanic was a bit much. Bring on the awesome!
modeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
bub64882
Evil Dead

So pleasantly surprised they are picking up the Civil War storyline for this.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
AspectVoid
Evil Dead

Good call on the title, and good call on mining Civil War for story. It makes for a good Hero vs Hero setup. What I'm wondering though, is how they're going to handle it. Will there be 2 campaigns, one for each side? Will you just swap sides for each mission? Do you pick a party and then choose a side? Will it end the same way as Civil War did (which was a total cop out)? These are questions I want answered, damn it!
AspectVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
bub64882
Evil Dead

It looks to me like we might get some much needed features, like free camera control, and Manhattan environments.

I have high hopes for this game, as I loved the last one, but it was really not a "next gen" title. Along w/ those high hopes are low expectations. This is Activision after all...
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

The game is far better off for it. Anytime I hear something like "Tales", "Fusion" or "Origins" tacked on the end of a game I immediately default to "this game is uninspired sequelitis crap"
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Meh, I could care less. Call it MUA2: Blendermobile for all I care, the only factor that determines what I buy is the quality of the game itself.
Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
Mr Rogers
Lord

This game looks great. I'm surprised it took them this long to get this out. One little gripe is that Hulk wasn't around during the Civil War, because if he was, he would just SMASH the sh*t out of everyone.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
lost
Like a Dungeon Dragon

Yeah you can't really do Civil War with Hulk. He's far too much of a wildcard and that's probably why they sent him away to his own (much better) side-event.

Although who am I kidding. The story won't be that deep.

I know I'm a DC fanboy but I'd really like them to do a follow-up to Justice League Heroes. It was just as good.
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
I know I'm a DC fanboy but I'd really like them to do a follow-up to Justice League Heroes. It was just as good.
While the gameplay may have been as good, the selection of the various heroes was anemic at best. Now, if they had thrown in the option to play as Constantine I would've bought the game with no questions... but alas, DC only wanted to use JLH properties and so the selection was more or less doomed to begin with.

Also, I have never understood the allure of Superman. Everyone he fights is woefully overmatched, and in every game he is in they have to gimp his powers so he isn't God in blue spandex. This, to me, means there is something wrong with the character.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
Also, I have never understood the allure of Superman. Everyone he fights is woefully overmatched, and in every game he is in they have to gimp his powers so he isn't God in blue spandex. This, to me, means there is something wrong with the character.
He just doesn't translate well to the video game medium, really. While I don't particularly care for Superman(or most of DC, really), he can be an interesting character with the proper writers behind him.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
lost
Like a Dungeon Dragon

The brutal truth is that the least super super-heroes translate best because it takes so little to get them right.
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
He just doesn't translate well to the video game medium, really. While I don't particularly care for Superman(or most of DC, really), he can be an interesting character with the proper writers behind him.
Maybe, but every issue I have read comes off as "boo hoo, I dont want to be a god, I'm gonna go to the fortress of solitude and cry tears of molten lava", or close to that, anyway. Really, they make him far too angsty, when in reality there is not a person in the world that wouldn't love to be all powerful and invulnerable.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
Maybe, but every issue I have read comes off as "boo hoo, I dont want to be a god, I'm gonna go to the fortress of solitude and cry tears of molten lava", or close to that, anyway. Really, they make him far too angsty, when in reality there is not a person in the world that wouldn't love to be all powerful and invulnerable.
Sure, that'd be fun for a while...but being nigh-immortal and nearly all-powerful would ultimately only separate you from everyone else.

There's a reason why he's angsty at times; he's one man who is forced to bear the burdens of an entire planet on his shoulders. He's a god among men who's cursed with the mind of the men he's forced to dwell with. It's the sort of situation that really wouldn't be as peachy-keen-awesome as one might think it would.