Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefield 4 System Requirements (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197953)

randir14 09-09-2013 03:27 PM

Battlefield 4 System Requirements
 

DICE has released the PC system requirements for Battlefield 4.

Rommel 09-09-2013 03:38 PM

Minimum - hahaha, Oh sure.

Recommended - bwuh? The 7870 and 660 are 2gb cards.Do they even have 4gb versions to hit the 3gb recommendation?

Syl 09-09-2013 03:41 PM

They have 3gb 660 TI
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...03G-P4-2666-KR
Don't believe they have 3gb 7870s.

Finally a release where I fear my computer won't be up to par for "recommended" I knew it had to happen someday.

Larger battlefield 3 maps stress my computer to its limits already.

randir14 09-09-2013 03:50 PM

I meet or surpass all the recommended and I still think it's going to run like shit.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-09-2013 03:54 PM

Wow... No wonder it looks just like Battlefield 3 still.

Mix-Master 09-09-2013 04:41 PM

recommended win8 x64? Does the game engine support DX 11.2 or is my cynical nature suggesting MS paid for that recommendation.

wildcard 09-09-2013 04:47 PM

Well My computer is showing its age :(
But I'll be getting this on the XOne as that's where my friends are getting it.
(their computers suck hard)

Arnold Darkshner 09-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mix-Master (Post 2244234)
recommended win8 x64? Does the game engine support DX 11.2 or is my cynical nature suggesting MS paid for that recommendation.

I suspect your suspicions may be accurate. What the hell does this game need Windows 8 for?

brandonjclark 09-09-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnold Darkshner (Post 2244237)
I suspect your suspicions may be accurate. What the hell does this game need Windows 8 for?

For the inevitable Battlelog Metro app, I'm sure. Added functionality!

see colon 09-09-2013 05:08 PM

I'm pretty happy to see my rig will still hold its own on this, though I expected as much. Even though I haven't upgraded in a few years, system requirements have stalled recently.

randir14 09-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mix-Master (Post 2244234)
recommended win8 x64? Does the game engine support DX 11.2 or is my cynical nature suggesting MS paid for that recommendation.

Specific CPU optimizations for Windows 8:

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4...-optimization/

shadow763 09-09-2013 06:28 PM

Don't think this will be the reason I move my main rig to Win 8. But good to see I shouldnt have a problem running this. Hopefully I can run it well with all the bells and whistles turned on. I am guessing it should be the case, just a matter of if I can maintain 60-90 frames.

brandonjclark 09-09-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2244241)
Specific CPU optimizations for Windows 8:

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4...-optimization/

I cannot wait to see if that actually translates into higher benchmark results.

sai tyrus 09-09-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2244228)
I meet or surpass all the recommended and I still think it's going to run like shit.

Me too. Only my 660 has 2 gig of RAM. Anyhoo, don't care much ATM. If I get this it'll be on the cheap!

bean19 09-09-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2244228)
I meet or surpass all the recommended and I still think it's going to run like shit.

This was my exact thought. Maybe their new engine is just the shit though.

OmegaVader 09-09-2013 07:46 PM

Glad it's not too much of a bumper over BF3, I don't want my not-even-a-year-old gfx card to show its age just yet.

3Suns 09-09-2013 07:54 PM

My impressions from the various videos (by which Ben claims devs are struggling to show) show me their new engine is the shit, so it is no surprise that has pretty high spec requirements.

Now, is someone going to tell me with a straight face that I can buy a "recommended system" for under $400? If so, then please include links.

92miata 09-09-2013 08:17 PM

Really? People still hate Windows 8? Please stop this. I would not go back to Windows 7 if you paid me. Both of my SSD RAID pc's use Windows 8 with no problems except for creative labs. Damn I hate soundblaster cards.

randir14 09-09-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92miata (Post 2244294)
Really? People still hate Windows 8? Please stop this. I would not go back to Windows 7 if you paid me. Both of my SSD RAID pc's use Windows 8 with no problems except for creative labs. Damn I hate soundblaster cards.

I use Windows 8 and haven't had any problems with games. I don't even use the Metro UI, I use Classic Shell so it looks like Windows 7.

brandonjclark 09-09-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2244295)
I use Windows 8 and haven't had any problems with games. I don't even use the Metro UI, I use Classic Shell so it looks like Windows 7.

How do you get rid of it? Start8?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.