Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Developer Confirms: PS4 is 50% More Powerful Than X1 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197876)

TheBigL 09-08-2013 09:41 AM

Developer Confirms: PS4 is 50% More Powerful Than X1

Acording to Adrian Chmielarz, Former Creative Director at People Can Fly For Games Like Painkiller, Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgment.

Quote:

The next generation of consoles is really close now, as PlayStation 4 will be releasing on 15th November in North America and 29th November in Europe, while Xbox One will hit stores on 22th November in both (although they will launch in far less countries than PS4 this year).

Obviously, the discussion on which one is better is heating up. PlayStation 4 has been deemed more powerful since the early leaks, but exactly how much has been a topic of discussion amongst enthusiasts, especially since Microsoft slightly overclocked both CPU and GPU in an attempt to close the gap. Well, thanks to the hawks at Neogaf we have spotted another opinion on the matter and a pretty important one.
Quoted From: worldsfactory
Forum Discussion With Adrian Explaining Himself: neogaf

brandonjclark 09-08-2013 12:00 PM

%50 faster? Whoah, that GDDR 5 RAM must really help out.

TheBigL 09-08-2013 12:03 PM

Going for double points:

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7016/zowryhb.gif

http://i.imgur.com/BCDYv.gif

excalibur1814 09-08-2013 12:22 PM

Utter crap. Why can't article writers dump the drama? from the links...

"I think Adrian should jump into the conversation. He does it all the time in his blogs.

Here I am. So...

1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know -- and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too -- claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second."

Metal Jesus 09-08-2013 12:22 PM

If only Microsoft would have taken the resources put into that stupid Kinect...and put it into better gaming hardware (CPU/GPU).

excalibur1814 09-08-2013 12:26 PM

Please read the post above yours...

"claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games"

Wizzkidd 09-08-2013 12:32 PM

Huh. Last week it was 30% faster. Maybe next week we'll get up to 80%!

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2243858)

"claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games"

Are you a blind Xbot? This is an advantage for Sony and further proof that their hardware is just better in general....

VenomUSMC 09-08-2013 12:45 PM

I heard the PS4 can actually play X1 games.

bean19 09-08-2013 12:57 PM

1. The specs already show that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1. This isn't new information. The 50% number is new information.

2. The 50% number isn't explained. Is it showing 50% faster FPS on devs units? If so, what game are they using for testing and what settings are being used?

3. The PS4 might actually be 50% faster in a dev environment where you can push the resolution past 1080p and 60fps (the upper limit for HDTvs), but that's all they have to do, so if both consoles can max out HDTVs, the job is done and despite the PS4's higher power, we won't get to see it. It COULD also actually be faster too which means that games that have higher detail textures and many objects (enemies, NPCs, vehicles, explosions, etc.) might actually need to be optimized so that they can still run at 1080p/60FPS on an X1. What this means is that we may not see the difference in actual games.

4. Still, this is yet another reason I want the cheaper PS4.

LoTECH 09-08-2013 12:58 PM

Isn't the PS3 "more powerful" than the 360? Somebody forgot to tell literally every game that came out for both systems. Some are actually unplayable on PS3 (Bayonetta, and Skyrim)!

There isn't a single game they've announced that gives any real indication of a hardware gap of any real size.

Nightedge 09-08-2013 01:03 PM

I heard the PS4 can cure cancer and diabetes..While the Xbox one is made bt Satan. Foolish mundane comparisons

VenomUSMC 09-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2243860)
Are you a blind Xbot? This is an advantage for Sony and further proof that their hardware is just better in general....

I'm calling bullshit. Twitter feed claims on nameless sources means exactly what?
I'll be more than happy to wait and see the real world results of games on the PS4 and XB1.

We always hear this stuff. Hey, maybe it is true but until I see a tangible result I'm filing it under rumor and possibly baiting for hits.

Wii U 50% more powerful than PS3/360 according to developers

Meusli 09-08-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2243858)

I am being a bit thick here but what exactly does that mean?

Anenome 09-08-2013 01:23 PM

Could just mean the PS4 dev kits are at a more advanced stage of completion already. Ie; XB1 is emulating more.

Terran 09-08-2013 01:43 PM

I just want to know how fast the disc tray opens and closes. Speed is of the essence when dealing with discs, and I can't be expected to wait any more milliseconds than absolutely necessary. I'll buy the faster one.

/sarcasm

On a serious note, this thread and technical stuff like this don't matter to the general public at all. It's about marketing and perhaps a rare exclusive or two, with marketing far and above more important.

RMan 09-08-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2243891)
On a serious note, this thread and technical stuff like this don't matter to the general public at all.

This. My prediction is that Sony wins this generation, but not because people finally decided this was the generation they finally care about technical prowess.

TheHulk 09-08-2013 02:07 PM

Sony will take the lead for the main reason: $100 price difference.

RMan 09-08-2013 02:07 PM

Also, take statements from a creative director with a grain of salt, they often misunderstand or incorrectly relay statements from programmers.

PSPfreak 09-08-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoTECH (Post 2243872)
Isn't the PS3 "more powerful" than the 360? Somebody forgot to tell literally every game that came out for both systems. Some are actually unplayable on PS3 (Bayonetta, and Skyrim)!

There isn't a single game they've announced that gives any real indication of a hardware gap of any real size.

Sometimes I wonder about statements like these. And statements like "XBL online is better than PSN." I've never seen ANY sources to back any of these claims up. Is there anything that actually says Skyrim is "unplayable" on the PS3? Because I and some of my friends own Skyrim and PS3 and have had zero real problems.