Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   State of Decay on the way to PC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197831)

bean19 09-06-2013 03:15 PM

State of Decay on the way to PC

According to Joystiq, the zombie game that seems to be getting it right will make it's way on to Steam Early Access in just a couple weeks. However, it appears that this early version will still require the use of a gamepad.

Quote:

Early Access to the zombifed landscape of State of Decay is coming in a "couple of weeks." Undead Labs Director of Community Samya Weathers said this week that there's no exact date for the keyboard-only Steam Early Access version, while the full keyboard-and-mouse game is still due for the PC portal later this year.
It seems odd to me that enabling keyboard/mouse would take that long unless there are UI issues, but even then UI isn't that difficult. I think they are underestimating how many sales they'll get on PC vs. the mere 500K they got on Xbox Live. I imagine they'll double those sales at a $20 price point and will eventually see it sell multiple millions after it finds it's way to a Steam sale. They should be hiring more people and finishing this off before starting a sequel

randir14 09-06-2013 03:26 PM

If the graphics and framerate are improved I'll buy it on early access. I already use a controller for console ports so that part doesn't bother me.

EL CABONG 09-06-2013 03:42 PM

Thought it look like fun when it came out for XBox. Beven waiting for it to come to PC. Not sure I want it as an early access game . Happy to pay for game not sure I want to pay to beta test .

MasterKwan 09-06-2013 03:56 PM

I'll buy it again too if the graphics are PC quality.

MasterKwan 09-06-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Happy to pay for game not sure I want to pay to beta test .
I've been playing the hell out of the Arma 3 beta. At least for Arma 3, the early access thing was a real win.

bean19 09-06-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2243404)
Thought it look like fun when it came out for XBox. Beven waiting for it to come to PC. Not sure I want it as an early access game . Happy to pay for game not sure I want to pay to beta test .

Just in case you don't know (or someone reading you doesn't know), Early Access is also the full game. You just buy it early to access the beta before it is an official release, but you still own the official release when it comes out.

LoTECH 09-06-2013 04:48 PM

This game is worth the $20 price tag even without major graphical improvements. These guys made the zombie game I've been waiting to play since I saw the original Dawn Of The Dead.

Transylmania 09-06-2013 07:58 PM

The PC release will have mod support as well. Should be worth it.

lockwoodx 09-06-2013 08:05 PM

Interest slowly rising...

Korialstrazs 09-07-2013 02:25 AM

I've been waiting for this to come to pc, played it on my friends x-box, but I dont have a dedicated tv to console game, so anything that requires investment needs to come onto my pc. Can't wait to get back to scavenging.

BeachGaara 09-07-2013 03:03 AM

I'll get the sequel that has MP. Can't understand why they're wasting resources doing a PC port.

lockwoodx 09-07-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachGaara (Post 2243515)
I'll get the sequel that has MP. Can't understand why they're wasting resources doing a PC port.

Because they don't have the talent/budget to add it in, and are relying on the mod community to do it for them. Then they'll just hire the modders and the rights to their code.

EL CABONG 09-07-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean19 (Post 2243416)
Just in case you don't know (or someone reading you doesn't know), Early Access is also the full game. You just buy it early to access the beta before it is an official release, but you still own the official release when it comes out.

I know but I don 't want to play it while it is buggy or missing a features. I have had fun playing Multiplayer beta 's but a singleplayer game with a story (even if not a great story) seems strange to pay to play beta. Maybe its just me. Seems like Early Access like crowd funding is quickly becoming the norm. Prehaps in time I will feel differently.

Lately I fell into this Steam hole were I only buy games when they become cheap. This game was one I would have been happy to throw money at them on day one for the full game.

lockwoodx 09-07-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2243525)
Lately I fell into this Steam hole were I only buy games when they become cheap. This game was one I would have been happy to throw money at them on day one for the full game.

Buying games when they are cheap benefits the industry as a whole over time. With exposure to a broader range of games due to their affordability, the gamer can then better appreciate higher quality titles and is more likely to reward that quality with informed purchases. This promotes more responsible devs not to cut corners or give into outlandish publisher demands. Let the cream rise I say. For those whom would argue that publishers were the only chance they had to break into the industry... there is Modding existing games, Pax, Kickstarter, ect

EL CABONG 09-07-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockwoodx (Post 2243530)
Buying games when they are cheap benefits the industry as a whole over time. With exposure to a broader range of games due to their affordability, the gamer can then better appreciate higher quality titles and is more likely to reward that quality with informed purchases. This promotes more responsible devs not to cut corners or give into outlandish publisher demands. Let the cream rise I say. For those whom would argue that publishers were the only chance they had to break into the industry... there is Modding existing games, Pax, Kickstarter, ect

Your right. I didn't mean to imply that paying less for games was bad just for me it is the norm the last year or so and this was one of the few tittles I would buy day one. One because I want to play it quite a bit. Two I want to help support the small team that made it. If this was a kickstarter I would have backed it.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-07-2013 11:14 PM

Awesome it's another zomb-ZZZzzZzzzzZZzzz

lockwoodx 09-08-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2243540)
Your right. I didn't mean to imply that paying less for games was bad just for me it is the norm the last year or so and this was one of the few tittles I would buy day one. One because I want to play it quite a bit. Two I want to help support the small team that made it. If this was a kickstarter I would have backed it.

and I didn't mean to imply you were being negative. I've been on a tangent lately of making bold stand-alone statements.

MADxMrMike 09-08-2013 07:39 AM

awesome! between this, FF14, and GTA its going to be a busy fall.