Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Creative Assembly Sorry for Rome 2's Issues (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197821)

randir14 09-06-2013 11:41 AM

Creative Assembly Sorry for Rome 2's Issues

The Creative Assembly has issued an apology over Rome'2 current state, and hopes to reassure fans that they are working hard to fix the game's problems.

Quote:

Hi everyone and thanks for your attention.

We just wanted to reassure you that we do know itís an extremely annoying and frustrating time for some of you at the moment and we are working around the clock to sort out those issues that you are having. The first patch has just gone up - it's not trouble-free we know and are fixing with a hotfix, but there will be another next week and every week after that till the problems are gone.

At the moment it may seem that the changes are slight, but they arenít the only ones we are working on currently and bigger changes are happening now for future patches.

If you are having a problem, it is totally unacceptable and a big deal for us, please know that we are spending all our dev effort on fixing outstanding issues.

I realise in our rush to do that we havenít updated you on the situation, so if you are interested, please read on.
Read the full statement here.

Evil Avatar 09-06-2013 11:45 AM

Release now! Patch later!

Isn't this why we abandoned PC gaming in the first place?

randir14 09-06-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2243331)
Release now! Patch later!

Isn't this why we abandoned PC gaming in the first place?

Earlier this year they said they wanted to bring TW games to consoles. It's laughable to think about, I doubt Microsoft or Sony would allow such bug ridden messes.

Rommel 09-06-2013 11:56 AM

bean19 09-06-2013 11:58 AM

A bit off-topic: I swore off the RTS genre about 10 years ago because I just didn't seem to like it as much as everyone else seems to, but now I'm thinking about giving it another shot.

1. What has changed (if anything) in the RTS genre over the last decade?

2. Which game(s) would you suggest to someone who didn't like RTS ten years ago?

The reason I chose to stop playing these is that I felt like I was playing the same game over and over. You learn which units are good for disrupting the enemy's base and killing his units in a raid and build those early, and then raid, then you macro and build an army while defending until you counter the enemy's army successfully and counter-attack for the win. Rinse and repeat.

Evil Avatar 09-06-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean19 (Post 2243338)
1. What has changed (if anything) in the RTS genre over the last decade?

2. Which game(s) would you suggest to someone who didn't like RTS ten years ago?

1. Nothing.

2. Starcraft II. It's purty.

brandonjclark 09-06-2013 12:43 PM

You should check out some 4x space sims like Endless Space and Sins of a Solar Empire.

PacerDawn 09-06-2013 12:45 PM

A lot of companies detest having to pay for QA. Why can't the developers just test their own stuff, you know?

Idiots.

randir14 09-06-2013 12:53 PM

They claimed to have a 40% bigger budget this time, and I'm just not seeing where that money went. It doesn't even have an amazing CGI intro like Shogun 2 did.

Maybe those funds went into hiring Mark Strong for the game's voice acting and Brian Blessed for this mini documentary:

zorper 09-06-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

I've enjoyed Blitzkrieg I've only played it a little, and it has it's weirdness, but it definitely does not follow the raid>defend>attack script. It's pretty cheap on GOG

TragicComic 09-06-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Company of Heroes... much deeper focus on tactics and keeping your individual units alive. By far the best RTS I've played.

Lind 09-07-2013 01:33 AM

While I love StarCraft II I also have to say Company of Heroes, its awesome.

KlausFlouride 09-07-2013 03:36 AM

Sorry? lol Sorry come after 'shit' and before 'suicide' in the dictionary. These 'sorry' ass games companies should issue partial refunds on their partially shipped abortions they want us to buy. I am so glad I waited to get this game.

lockwoodx 09-07-2013 04:46 AM

Dear developers....

http://i.imgur.com/xfqt83k.jpg?1

AlfredT 09-07-2013 05:08 AM

They're sorry like Tiger Woods was.

Judas 09-07-2013 08:15 AM

Putting this game out in its current state is a sign of poor management. Apologizing is a weak excuse. I like the series, but doubt Sega's intent.

wildcard 09-07-2013 09:25 AM

For those that are having tech problems that sucks. But I have not and the game is great.

It could use some tweaking to the UI, and they took out the ability to fine tune troop position ala shogun 2. (what the hell was that about?)

The province system is great. The diplomacy AI can go from very smart to dumb. (kinda like people) Sieging ports can be EPIC.

vallor 09-08-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas (Post 2243559)
Putting this game out in its current state is a sign of poor management. Apologizing is a weak excuse. I like the series, but doubt Sega's intent.

Makes one wonder what Sega management is doing wrong when two of their biggest releases, from separate developers, have these many problems (Aliens: CM and now Rome).

Maybe it's not as much the developers as it is gross incompetence at the publisher layer for letting the developers get themselves into these messes to begin with.