Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197802)

Jetherik 09-06-2013 06:51 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Schools back in session - Football games are being played - time to play more GAMES! What are you playing this weekend?

Wizzkidd 09-06-2013 07:01 AM

1. Outlast - Really great graphics out of the gate, and pretty damn creepy. I think games like this and Amnesia are much better at horror than most modern horror movies. And I'm a big fan of horror movies!

2. Saints Row 4 - enjoyable as hell.

3. DMC Devil May Cry - Why is it named DMC Devil May Cry? It's cool and looks great, anyways.

4. Nvidia Shield - I can't put the thing down. DMC is a perfect game to play on it, but I've never owned an Android device, so having access to all the apps in the Google Play store is pretty sweet too. Been playing Kingdom Rush and Arma Tactics (a pretty good X-com clone).

5. Damn it I need to get back on the couch and finish Killer is Dead!

gamer odd 09-06-2013 07:06 AM

I picked up Metro Last Light on the steam sale so hopefully I'll get some time to go through that. Always nice to have a new 3dvision game.

Azrael 09-06-2013 07:17 AM

Metro Last Light was great! Hope you enjoy it

Finished Dead Island Riptide last night, was a bit of a dissapointment. All the way through it just struck me how much better the game could have been, especially since they didnt fix the majority of flaws that existed in the 1st game. Someone also told me they are making Dying Light which has lowered my expectations for that game.

Thinking maybe ARPG, RAW perhaps? Or could dig into BL2 and work on getting my character up to the new lvl cap.

Ozena 09-06-2013 07:21 AM

Might try to finally finish G(od)OW III. Yes, I realize I'm only about 3 years slow.

Perhaps some older stuff I enjoyed and want to get a taste of again (Batman, Killzone, who knows).

Jhooud 09-06-2013 07:25 AM

Diablo 3 local co-op! Much fun.

Really need to get started on Last of Us and Saints Row.

I've been playing around with Force Unleashed 2 and doing a little trophy hunting. Got it on sale for a fin, and am having fun with it. Having just played through the Jedi Knight games again (thanks Steam sale!), I think the force unleashed games got a little too much hate.

LoTECH 09-06-2013 07:33 AM

Diablo 3 on 360. Fuck yes

brandonjclark 09-06-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoTECH (Post 2243247)
Diablo 3 on 360. Fuck yes

Honestly? Is it better than the PC version?

sai tyrus 09-06-2013 07:56 AM

Payday 2, NS2, and maybe some TF2.

Meeks 09-06-2013 08:11 AM

I'll be playing the beta for a highly-anticipated, upcoming MMO tonight. Looking forward to seeing how my fantasy football teams fare on Sunday/Monday. With a little Firefall mixed in as time permits.

Rommel 09-06-2013 08:19 AM

Moving moving moving! Have to do so much with no time. I gave like ... all my stuff to my girlfriend yesterday, now I have to sell my car (MY BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL CAR!) and UPS my computer in the next week. Ugh.

brandonjclark 09-06-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2243260)
Moving moving moving! Have to do so much with no time. I gave like ... all my stuff to my girlfriend yesterday, now I have to sell my car (MY BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL CAR!) and UPS my computer in the next week. Ugh.

Getting kicked out?

Rommel 09-06-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2243268)
Getting kicked out?

Of the country--moving to Hong Kong.

wittynickname 09-06-2013 09:01 AM

Received my unbelievable (and unbelievably priced, otherwise I'd never have afforded it) 60 inch Aquos LED TV just in time for NFL kickoff weekend, and for positively orgasmic gaming experiences going forward. After six years on my first, 30 inch Aquos I thought was the bee's knees in 2007 (and bought for almost the same price then as I paid for this new set last week!), this is just a mindblowing adjustment.

Probable:
--NFL IS BACK! GO BEARS!
--More progress in Borderlands 2.

Possible:
--More progress in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
--More progress in Toki Tori 2.

Doubtful:
--Downloading and trying Castle of Illusion.

Sinistar 09-06-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wittynickname (Post 2243273)
Received my unbelievable (and unbelievably priced, otherwise I'd never have afforded it) 60 inch Aquos LED TV just in time for NFL kickoff weekend, and for positively orgasmic gaming experiences going forward.

Crazy, I just did the same thing (60 inch Aquos LED TV) for the same reasons (NFL BABY!!) but for a different team (Eagles - who will suck for next few years). At least the video games look incredible on it too. Atari 2600, not so much.

BytorUK 09-06-2013 09:34 AM

PES 2013
Hopefully a bit more of Tomb raider and maybe some gears of war judgement although I am not getting into it this time in the way I loved 1 to 3 .

Jhooud 09-06-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BytorUK (Post 2243283)
PES 2013
... and maybe some gears of war judgement although I am not getting into it this time in the way I loved 1 to 3 .

Are you just burned out on the series, or did the gameplay changes throw you off? Something else?

ElektroDragon 09-06-2013 09:48 AM

What I wanted to play was Diablo III with the wife on 360 but stupid Toys R Us in not delivering it until Tuesday! Guess that's what I get for going for the cheapest deal.

So instead I will be playing:

Killer is Dead
New DMC
Mario & Luigi DT
Arcania - The Complete Tale
Last of Us
Dead Rising 2

Oh for crap's sake, this is impossible.. I have several HUNDRED games in my backlog, and I need to learn to focus on ONE of them at a time or I'll never get anywhere.

ElektroDragon 09-06-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2243270)
Of the country--moving to Hong Kong.

Holy crap did you follow in Edward Snowden's footsteps? :eek:

Whaddya leak?!? :D

bean19 09-06-2013 10:00 AM

Just got Ass III. (This series is great, but second tier for me personally. Like Ratchet & Klank I enjoy all of them, but not enough to pay $65).

I will also be making chili and watching my Dallas Cowboys rape the Chicago Bears on Sunday night.