Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Destiny - Community Thank You video (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197765)

Emabulator 09-05-2013 03:04 PM

Destiny - Community Thank You video
 

Quote:

This summer has been an amazing adventure for Bungie. We've traveled from E3 to gamescom to introduce the world to Destiny. Every step of the way, our community has greeted us with passion and enthusiasm. This is a thank you note to you, along with a hint of what is yet to come.
Click on the headline to watch the video.

Emabulator 09-05-2013 03:04 PM


bean19 09-05-2013 03:12 PM

I hope this doesn't become a thing. It's nice of developers to thank the community, but I don't want this to serve as a reason to re-cut game footage we've already seen with footage of fans in lines at events just to get the game mentioned in another press cycle.

As game coverage gets better, about the only thing I want to see anymore are people playing the actual game. I love developer walktrhoughs and sneak peaks. Pre-release demos are also welcome, but cinematic trailers, live action trailers, thank-you cuts like this. . . they can all die in a fire.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-05-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean19 (Post 2243087)
I hope this doesn't become a thing. It's nice of developers to thank the community, but I don't want this to serve as a reason to re-cut game footage we've already seen with footage of fans in lines at events just to get the game mentioned in another press cycle.

As game coverage gets better, about the only thing I want to see anymore are people playing the actual game. I love developer walktrhoughs and sneak peaks. Pre-release demos are also welcome, but cinematic trailers, live action trailers, thank-you cuts like this. . . they can all die in a fire.

I agree with you and this was a particularly cheesy variation. It's pure advertising and psychological manipulation. They show the sheep what the rest are interested in so the they follow the herd. You have to bump those pre-order sales every way possible. I'm glad Sci-Fi is making a come back I just wish it wasn't all the generic Mass Effect Halo hybrid unoriginal mass appeal shit like this game... Hopefully it plays well...

Transylmania 09-05-2013 03:44 PM

Something about the art-style doesn't appeal to me.

3Suns 09-05-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean19 (Post 2243087)
As game coverage gets better, about the only thing I want to see anymore are people playing the actual game. I love developer walktrhoughs and sneak peaks. Pre-release demos are also welcome, but cinematic trailers, live action trailers, thank-you cuts like this. . . they can all die in a fire.

Yes! Word! (Sorry, I had to make my reply long enough)

brandonjclark 09-05-2013 09:19 PM

The last scene with all the employees yelling is all they needed to show. Exciting-looking game, though.

drakkarim 09-05-2013 09:54 PM

dunno, just doesn't do anything for me, the combat seems flaky, reminds me of call of duty running around in circles. not that i've bothered with call of duty since it left ww2.

lockwoodx 09-05-2013 10:09 PM

Marketing teams get absolutely catatonic if they don't feel their product stays as relevant as twitter feed with Parkinson's. Bungie is going to hype itself into mediocrity if they don't tone it down.

Anenome 09-05-2013 10:36 PM

A real 'thank you' is new footage. Not this.

TeeCakes 09-06-2013 07:17 AM

Let us engage the hype machine!

illone 09-06-2013 10:50 AM

Maybe I haven't been keeping up, but alot of the footage was new to me.

Also, the guy in the red shirt in last scene with employees cheering was put on indefinite leave after the recording of this video.

Mr. Lake 09-06-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2243160)
The last scene with all the employees yelling is all they needed to show.

But who wants to watch an 8-second video?

Also, what the hell is Vine?

Anenome 09-07-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illone (Post 2243288)
Also, the guy in the red shirt in last scene with employees cheering was put on indefinite leave after the recording of this video.

Huh? Why?
__________


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.