Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dragon Con 2013 Wrap-up (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197722)

sai tyrus 09-04-2013 06:19 PM

Dragon Con 2013 Wrap-up

Sorry for the delay friends. That work thing. Anyhoo, enjoy the final round of pics from Dragon Con. Much fun was had. There were tits, guns, and robots. Three holdouts from childhood that I imagine will always rank high in my book! :D

Brief post with pictures here.

randir14 09-04-2013 06:21 PM

That Loki costume is awesome.

sai tyrus 09-04-2013 06:27 PM

Yeah, the Loki costume was pretty damn cool. There's just so much good shit there it's almost like sensory overload. LOVE IT!

Rommel 09-04-2013 06:34 PM

There is much more "Talent" on the convention scene than when I used to run D&D shows. I maaaaay have to get back in for the, *Ahem*, fringe benefits.

And by that I mean I want to fuck those young girls.

sai tyrus 09-04-2013 06:39 PM

lol. Man, if I were single sir. There was a lot of nerd love. Also not enough hygiene. Sometimes, the stench was pretty strong!

Syl 09-04-2013 08:05 PM

Dragoncon is one of the best times of the year, every year. It's a weekend so full of awesome that I can't even articulate how awesome it is.

This was my 7th year going.

Syl 09-04-2013 08:11 PM

Sai, did you go to the dealer room? There was a booth made purely for removing the dragoncon stench and the oils they had worked fucking wonders.

Also those "Disco Spartans" you took pictures of were completely rocking out during the late night rave party.

Syl 09-04-2013 08:13 PM

What panels did you go to? Favorite part of the con?

Wizzkidd 09-04-2013 08:21 PM

Great pics man, good job!

Rommel 09-04-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2242917)
Sai, did you go to the dealer room? There was a booth made purely for removing the dragoncon stench and the oils they had worked fucking wonders.

Also those "Disco Spartans" you took pictures of were completely rocking out during the late night rave party.

They have these things called Showers...

Syl 09-04-2013 08:38 PM

Oh, i know, and I showered every day. I can't force 75,000 other people to shower every few hours.

Rommel 09-05-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2242923)
Oh, i know, and I showered every day. I can't force 75,000 other people to shower every few hours.

But you think you can get them to rub themselves in geek patchouli? I got a better idea.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/I...Jt20aatwEl.jpg
Police hoses.

Mix-Master 09-05-2013 04:10 AM

Wow loving all the pics tyrus. Good to introduce you to the darleks so that was spotted well enough. (although it was an american darlek with the larger frontal girth hehe)
The costumes are fantastical.

sai tyrus 09-05-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2242918)
What panels did you go to? Favorite part of the con?

I didn't go to any. We need to try to meet up next year! We just wandered around taking in the sights. I wanted to take Bailey to the Adventure Time panel but we didn't make it. I'm so goddamned unorganized. Awesome about the disco Spartans BTW. What panels did you hit up?

Syl 09-05-2013 05:05 AM

Panels I went too:
Mythbusters, Arrow (John Barrowman is the funniest person ever at these things), George Takei, Futurama actors, Game of Thrones (mostly just Natalia Tena)

A kickstarter game developer panel - Chris avellone, some people from Hex, Torment, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity it was awesome.

"Adult themes and Sci Fi" the dirtiest, raunchiest, most terrifying, most awful, most hilarious fucking thing at dragoncon. Also gives out sex toys as prizes.

Concerts I saw: Gonzaroo (Paul and Storm, Molly Simmons, a few comedy acts), Voltaire, Abney Park, also went to the rave room at roughly 3 AM most mornings. Somehow ended up at the Doctor Who timelord party and the Lord of the rings shitshow.

sai tyrus 09-05-2013 06:42 AM

Syl we totally need to meet up next year. Where did you stay? I need to get organized and hit up those panels next year. Need to get my shit together! ;)

sai tyrus 09-05-2013 06:45 AM

And favorite part of the con for me is hands down seeing all the outfits and what people do. I definitely want to go to the panels and start researching all that. Need to be more organized next year and really do my homework. I'll also probably just drive up each night and go solo one day. My wife and kid were way more bored than I was.

rubbishfoo 09-05-2013 07:49 AM

The guy who did Morpheus from Sandman really looks the part.

lockwoodx 09-05-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2242923)

Body odor from stress is 3x as "fragrant", and most of those poor souls are suffering just from being out in public, let alone the amount of judgment from 1000s in person and the millions that will view pictures online at a later time. Kudos to those brave souls who give no fucks.

Syl 09-05-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockwoodx (Post 2243016)
Body odor from stress is 3x as "fragrant", and most of those poor souls are suffering just from being out in public, let alone the amount of judgment from 1000s in person and the millions that will view pictures online at a later time. Kudos to those brave souls who give no fucks.

It's also the fact that there is a LOT of walking involved with dragoncon, it's outrageously cramped, and it was hot outside. Not to mention some of the costumes people were wearing had to be hot as fuck. (So many full body suits, stormtroopers, Warhammer, wookies, halo, etc.)

Its kind of inevitable really. Hell, it even rained one day and I was stuck waiting in line IN THE RAIN for about 20 minutes. Totally worth it, i got to see John Dimaggio say a few lines from samuel L. Jackson's "go the fuck to sleep" in the voice of bender.

Sai, surprisingly enough I don't know if i can make it next year. I'm moving west coast in january so a trip to Atlanta won't be as simple as it was this year. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton this year, had 7 people in our hotel room and it worked out to about $100 a head to pay for the room for friday/saturday/sunday.

Also I was pretty much drunk every day starting at 5pm.