Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefield 4 to Include Practice Range for Jets and Helicopters (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197711)

randir14 09-04-2013 02:32 PM

Battlefield 4 to Include Practice Range for Jets and Helicopters

Noobs will no longer have an excuse for crashing a Huey full of teammates into the ground, as Battlefield 4 will include a practice area for air vehicles.

Quote:

[senior-twinkie, MikeTheAmerican and others] A lot of Battlefield players find vehicles like helicopters and jets daunting. Will you have any kind of tutorial or training in Battlefield 4?

Lars Gustavsson: We’ve definitely heard that people are afraid of getting in there [and using vehicles like helicopters] and that’s not our intent, so what we’ve done is, we’ve added a test range, which allows you to try out all the hardware ahead of time so that if you want to learn to fly a helicopter you can get in there and you can find the settings that work best for you. And then start doing some stunt flights just to feel safe before you go out and get the responsibility of a bunch of other people sitting in your helicopter, so I truly hope that this will help people feel more safe about trying out the whole battlefield.

Read more at IGN

UttiniDaKilrJawa 09-04-2013 02:35 PM

There's always an excuse:

ITs FuN!!!!!

Capt_Thad 09-04-2013 02:39 PM

Test range for all of the vehicles and guns was a big requested feature for BF3, was nice to find out they added it for this one. Especially with the co-op out now and no more helo training on that co-op map.

Shame it won't likely have a feature to teach lone wolves not to use them as expendable rooftop taxis.

_-Psycho-_ 09-04-2013 03:22 PM

Or you could just join an empty server and fly around there :) That's what i did when learning to fly. But nice they did it, it's always good with tutorials for beginners.

Vulture 09-04-2013 03:32 PM

I flew pretty good in BF2, BFBC2 decent and I sucked at flying in BF3 all the way to 100 colonel. [only reason they kept me around was I am a real good gunner and always have a repair tool]

I honestly don't know what to expect in BF4.

Wizzkidd 09-04-2013 03:38 PM

Awesome, I'm glad they're doing this. Not only will I use it, I have friends who always wished for this feature as well. Cool beans!

brandonjclark 09-04-2013 04:42 PM

I dunno, there's something to be said for being forced to learn quickly. Then again, I suppose it hurting anyone.

Emabulator 09-04-2013 05:16 PM

I'm getting more and more tempted to pre-order the PC version.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-04-2013 05:53 PM

Even with this feature most people will be terrible at using vehicles effectively.

3Suns 09-04-2013 07:35 PM

This is a "feature" that should be in every BF game. And the co-op mission in BF3 was awful because you couldn't choose who would fly. No opportunity for practice there. 9 missions out of ten, I was stuck as the gunner.

As for the article itself, I liked that someone mentioned Onslaught mode because I purchased it by accident for BC2, but loved it! Co-op BF for when you are too stressed to join a MPvs room. I wish that would be one of the modes they offer with the DLC.

PSPfreak 09-04-2013 08:45 PM

Well that's great. I was never good at figuring out how to pilot any of that shit so all I ever did was focus on the FPS part.

Franjo 09-04-2013 11:21 PM

Yet im sure they will not implement proper use of x52 and x52 pro

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franjo (Post 2242950)
Yet im sure they will not implement proper use of x52 and x52 pro

Battlefield is not a sim so while it may be fun for some people to use a stick if you really want to win mouse and keyboard is the best. It's critical to have a real gaming mouse though with additional buttons and the very critical on the fly DPI adjustment. Lowest for infantry combat, "sniper" buttons are great to assist, and mid to highest for when you're in the air switching if you need to be really accurate. You can also do well with a controller but that takes a lot of fine tuning using a profile modifier to switch it to flight mouse and keyboard controls so the aircraft have full responsiveness.

Franjo 09-05-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2242955)
Battlefield is not a sim so while it may be fun for some people to use a stick if you really want to win mouse and keyboard is the best. It's critical to have a real gaming mouse though with additional buttons and the very critical on the fly DPI adjustment. Lowest for infantry combat, "sniper" buttons are great to assist, and mid to highest for when you're in the air switching if you need to be really accurate. You can also do well with a controller but that takes a lot of fine tuning using a profile modifier to switch it to flight mouse and keyboard controls so the aircraft have full responsiveness.

Thanks for the tip. I did use a 360 controller quite well with it. I didnt specifically buy the x52 for bf3, more so other games. I will take your advice thanks!

lockwoodx 09-05-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Battlefield 4 to Include Practice Range for Jets and Helicopters
Not interested unless there's a practice range for flying jets into helicopters.