Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rome 2 Patch Coming This Friday (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197699)

randir14 09-04-2013 11:31 AM

Rome 2 Patch Coming This Friday

The Creative Assembly posted a message on their Facebook page saying Roime 2's first patch will be out this Friday, and will mostly address crashes and performance issues. They also claim their intention is to released a new patch every week.

Quote:

As announced last month, we are also planning to tweak the balancing, AI routines and other features now that we’re getting real-time metric feedback from thousands of players.

The result is that the first update to the game will drop this Friday, with the intention to update the game on a weekly basis in the immediate future.

Full patch notes will be available on Friday, but the update will address known instances of crashes due to hardware conflicts alongside several other performance fixes.

Judas 09-04-2013 12:29 PM

A NEW Patch EVERY Week?

Sounds bad

randir14 09-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas (Post 2242794)
A NEW Patch EVERY Week?

Sounds bad

It's the worst Total War launch since Empire.

Tolgar 09-04-2013 05:14 PM

Man it took like a year for shogun 2 get get stable, not touching this for a while.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-04-2013 05:45 PM

This game is a disaster in many ways. They probably plan to port it to consoles which explains how atrocious it looks and performs since it will be the framework for that version. There was also a massive downgrade visually from what we saw before.

randir14 09-04-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2242882)
This game is a disaster in many ways. They probably plan to port it to consoles which explains how atrocious it looks and performs since it will be the framework for that version. There was also a massive downgrade visually from what we saw before.

Somebody on the Steam forum posted a comparison pic of the old screenshots and the current game, it was the very epitome of bullshots. Not just the usual photoshopping and downsampling, but entirely different high res textures and improved color palettes. I wish I didn't pre-order.

sai tyrus 09-04-2013 06:47 PM

That's a shame.

BeachGaara 09-04-2013 08:34 PM

Not bothered tbh. I always have it so zoomed out I never see it and my card sucks too much to make it look good even if I did.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-04-2013 09:36 PM

Source
Quote:

I've played Total War for over 10 years now and I can honestly say that this release is just as bad as Empire, if not worse. They have slowly taken the winning formula for Total War and dumbed it down for the masses. 'Casual gamers', the console and phone game generation have been the downfall of many a great PC game series. From top to bottom this game is purely sacrilegious to any Total War fan who values depth and tactical battles. They have taken away all of our control and implemented gimmicks to please the casual gamer. I will provide some insight into the fundamental flaws at the core of the games design rather than elaborate on the myriad of optimization problems and bugs the game suffers from at this time. Just to clarify, I want the game to be a success! I am a rabid fan. I built a $3,000 Xfire machine just for the game early this year.

GAMEPLAY:

A huge number of features that were available even in Total War: Rome are missing or broken both conceptually and mechanically. I will try and break down the problems point by point as they relate to gameplay.

http://i.imgur.com/MNNdZZT.jpg

randir14 09-04-2013 09:48 PM

He's wrong about the lack of encyclopedia. The game has one that shows all the tech advancements, buildings and unit stats. All you need to do is right-click icons to bring it up.

randir14 09-05-2013 01:55 AM

Shows how awful the AI can be:

BeachGaara 09-05-2013 02:40 AM

Control points are dumb.

lockwoodx 09-05-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2242798)
It's the worst Total War launch since Empire.

Oh yeah I picked the perfect weekend to kick back and chill from gaming. Plenty of entertainment like this to keep me occupied. :D

Tolgar 09-05-2013 06:25 AM

Brb reinstalling Shogun 2 lol