Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Boxoffice Chart (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194247)

Evil Avatar 07-01-2013 03:28 AM

Weekend Boxoffice Chart

The Disney-Pixar animated prequel Monsters University remained box-office valedictorian in its second weekend, earning $46.1 million in first place.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of June 28th to June 30th, 2013.
  1. Monsters University $46.1/$171.0
  2. The Heat $40.0/$40.0
  3. World War Z $29.8/$123.7
  4. White House Down $25.7/$25.7
  5. Man of Steel $20.8/$248.6
  6. This is the End $8.7/$74.6
  7. Now You See Me $5.5/$104.6
  8. Fast & Furious 6 $2.4/$233.3
  9. Star Trek Into Darkness $2.0/$220.5
  10. The Internship $1.4/$41.7
  11. Iron Man 3 $1.4/$405.4
  12. The Purge $1.2/$62.7

Radiozo 07-01-2013 03:29 AM

Saw man of steel on friday. Piece of crap. Worst movie Ive seen this year by far. Last hour was one long action sequence.

excalibur1814 07-01-2013 05:02 AM

Saw World War Z on Friday. Piece of ok filming. Not the worst movie I've seen this year by Far as I've watched a Kevin Sorbo movie. Last hour was one dramatic drop in tension.

PacerDawn 07-01-2013 06:47 AM

The reason the last hour of World War Z seemed like a different movie is because it was. If you saw the previews, you may have heard them mention that "Russia is a black hole", and Brad Pitt needs to get in to "Russia". In the actual movie, though, they say "India", not Russia (I'm not sure why they didn't modify the previews).

The reason is because the end of the movie was supposed to take place in Russia with Brad Pitt becoming a Brad-ass zombie slayer, and they even had a good 12 minutes of that in the can. However, they decided to change it at the last minute (it was causing the film budget to skyrocket and people just didn't like it) and they re-shot the ending to what was seen in theaters.

You can find the synopsis of the original plot on the web if you Google it. I read it and, I actually liked the new ending better, the original one didn't make any sense.

Hydroeric 07-01-2013 07:03 AM

My wife and I saw The Heat last week at a preview event. I went in with pretty low expectations since the trailers didn't look that funny but hey free movie. I was very surprised and had a great time. Melissa McCarthy stole the show from her first scene. It had been a while since any move caused me to gut laugh.

Also it is much filthier that I ever imagined.

brandonjclark 07-01-2013 07:41 AM

Watched Man of Steel. Blah...

PacerDawn 07-01-2013 08:13 AM

Despite all the plot holes (civilian reporters invited on military sorties, Supe struggling to adjust to earth atmosphere as a baby, yet has no problem needing oxygen in space or underwater, etc), I found Man of Steel to be a fun pop-corn flick. My only real dislike was with the battle scenes. Fights are kind of pointless when neither of the combatants can be hurt.

vallor 07-01-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydroeric (Post 2225520)
My wife and I saw The Heat last week at a preview event. I went in with pretty low expectations since the trailers didn't look that funny but hey free movie. I was very surprised and had a great time. Melissa McCarthy stole the show from her first scene. It had been a while since any move caused me to gut laugh.

Also it is much filthier that I ever imagined.

Strangely I'm really looking forward to this movie. Plus, Sandra Bullock. She'll be my wife one day she just doesn't know it yet (queue Jon Lovitz).

ElektroDragon 07-01-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2225511)
The reason the last hour of World War Z seemed like a different movie is because it was. If you saw the previews, you may have heard them mention that "Russia is a black hole", and Brad Pitt needs to get in to "Russia". In the actual movie, though, they say "India", not Russia (I'm not sure why they didn't modify the previews).

The reason is because the end of the movie was supposed to take place in Russia with Brad Pitt becoming a Brad-ass zombie slayer, and they even had a good 12 minutes of that in the can. However, they decided to change it at the last minute (it was causing the film budget to skyrocket and people just didn't like it) and they re-shot the ending to what was seen in theaters.

You can find the synopsis of the original plot on the web if you Google it. I read it and, I actually liked the new ending better, the original one didn't make any sense.

Saw World War Z yesterday. Gotta say I loved it aside from the weak ending. But yeah, the last hour feels like another movie indeed. It's like they totally ran out of money after the first hour and it turned from holy shit 10,000 zombies on screen, to a 28 Days later dozen zombies in a hallway vibe. Thanks for the explanation.

drakkarim 07-01-2013 10:14 AM

Funny how everyone sees something different in the same movie :) this happened to be the only superman movie I've ever enjoyed. Also liked WWZ due to their combining the large scale aspect with the close quarter aspect so well.

Radiozo 07-01-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkarim (Post 2225571)
Funny how everyone sees something different in the same movie :) this happened to be the only superman movie I've ever enjoyed. Also liked WWZ due to their combining the large scale aspect with the close quarter aspect so well.

ITs the best superman movie so far but it still stinks.

Jack9 07-01-2013 04:41 PM

The real question is, why are people still paying money to see the internship?

Evil Avatar 07-01-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack9 (Post 2225712)
The real question is, why are people still paying money to see the internship?

Stupid people need popcorn too!

EL CABONG 07-02-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2225511)

Just saw War Z yesterday. Thought it was good till the ending. Would have rather seen the action heavy ending.

Not much to do with the book but whatever was not expecting it too.
The book has some War bits would have liked to seen some of that.