Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amazon Digital Games Summer Sale Begins (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194244)

Mav 06-30-2013 11:06 PM

Amazon Digital Games Summer Sale Begins

http://i.imgur.com/6D9jnce.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazon.com
From June 30 - July 14, find deals on PC and Mac Game Downloads, Free-to-Play starter packs, Indie Games, bundles, and more. Get our Borderlands Bundle, featuring Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 + Borderlands 2 Season Pass for just $21.99. You can also get Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2 DLC individually for at least 50% off. We're also giving away free games with the purchase of any Indie game download. Be sure to check out our new Indie Games Store, especially our Indie Spotlight, currently featuring Subset Games, creators of Faster Than Light.

Source: Amazon.com Digital Games

*Note* The free games with Indie game purchase is limited to June 29th to July 1st.

There are some great titles on sale for good prices, Trials Evo Gold for ten bucks, Guild Wars 2 is half off, Ghostbusters is five etc. Check it out!

Mav 06-30-2013 11:19 PM

My recommendations, based on sale price

Trials Evo Gold $10
Ghost Busters the Video Game $5
The Secret World $10 (similar to GW2, buy to play mmo)
Magicka Collection $5 (note this one includes all the DLC, while the other Magicka on their list which is also $5, does not)
Dungeonland $3.99

in no particular order. i didnt browse the entire list since its like 900 plus games on sale but those above sales prices caught my eye, played and enjoyed each of those. they also have GW2 but it's only discounted to $33, but to be fair if you want an mmo with no sub fee, it offers a lot of content and is updated for free pretty often

Korialstrazs 07-01-2013 03:28 AM

Apparently these aren't offered to canada, shame. Was thinking of grabbing the whole majesty 2 collection for half off at $10.

Azrael 07-01-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korialstrazs (Post 2225491)
Apparently these aren't offered to canada, shame. Was thinking of grabbing the whole majesty 2 collection for half off at $10.

Just put in a fake US address. I've been doing it last couple years to get these games via Amazon as they are only available to US customers

bean19 07-01-2013 05:06 AM

That made me feel spoiled. I either own or don't want THAT many games. Geez.

spdiscus 07-01-2013 05:26 AM

Tony from cheapass/Amazon posted a sortable/filterable spreadsheet view.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/3...nds-bundle-22/

Terran 07-01-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdiscus (Post 2225498)
Tony from cheapass/Amazon posted a sortable/filterable spreadsheet view.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/3...nds-bundle-22/

They have a special place in my heart. Thank you as well for posting it. Time to dive in!!!

PacerDawn 07-01-2013 09:42 AM

The insanity has begun. Green Man Gaming is having what they call a '666' sale, For 6 days, every 6 hours 6 games will go on sale. Right now, you can get Borderlands 2 complete (Game + Season Pass) for just $15. If you already have Borderlands, that's a much better deal than you can get on Amazon right now.

And on a side note, holy crap, could they (GMG) have chosen a worse name ('666')? Do they not realize they pretty much guaranteed losing sales to some people? I don't think they thought that one through very well...

vallor 07-01-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2225554)
The insanity has begun. Green Man Gaming is having what they call a '666' sale, For 6 days, every 6 hours 6 games will go on sale. Right now, you can get Borderlands 2 complete (Game + Season Pass) for just $15. If you already have Borderlands, that's a much better deal than you can get on Amazon right now.

And on a side note, holy crap, could they have chosen a worse name? Do they not realize they pretty much guaranteed losing sales to some people? I don't think they thought that one through very well...

Holy cow! I was going to buy the BL2 season pass anyway, but this is probably the cheapest I'll see it. I already own BL2 on Steam, so I'm hoping they just give me a couple of codes; then I can use the code for the season pass on my account and gift BL2.

Mav 07-01-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2225554)

And on a side note, holy crap, could they have chosen a worse name? Do they not realize they pretty much guaranteed losing sales to some people? I don't think they thought that one through very well...

That's why I thought it was news post worthy. Since I'm mostly a PC gamer, like most gamers I keep an eye out for sales like Steam's various seasonal / holiday sales, Amazons, GoG's etc.

Sometimes you can find great deals on Amazon that you won't see on Steam so I figured that earns it a mention. Even if you're just window shopping, can't hurt to look :)

Pajama_Man 07-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2225555)
Holy cow! I was going to buy the BL2 season pass anyway, but this is probably the cheapest I'll see it. I already own BL2 on Steam, so I'm hoping they just give me a couple of codes; then I can use the code for the season pass on my account and gift BL2.

You get separate codes. :D

vallor 07-01-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajama_Man (Post 2225569)
You get separate codes. :D

Cool, thanks! Now if I could just get the transaction to complete without erroring out.

I can't tell if it's barfing on my payment details, a failure on the authorization side, or the GMG site is just bogged down and failing. It better work before the items goes off sale!

PacerDawn 07-01-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 2225561)
That's why I thought it was news post worthy.

Honestly, I think all great game sales like this are news worthy as well, so I fully support (and encourage) news like this.

Bumbuliuz 07-01-2013 10:30 AM

I'd love to buy games from Amazon in the US, but unfortunatly they don't sell people outside of the US.

Mav 07-01-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumbuliuz (Post 2225578)
I'd love to buy games from Amazon in the US, but unfortunatly they don't sell people outside of the US.

It's possible to just use a US address, buy the game, download it, done.

sai tyrus 07-01-2013 05:46 PM

Borderlands Bundleganza is $21.99 USD on Amazon. Includes BOTH BL1 and BL2 with all DLC!

PacerDawn 07-01-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2225727)
Borderlands Bundleganza is $21.99 USD on Amazon. Includes BOTH BL1 and BL2 with all DLC!

Actually, for BL2, not all DLC is included. The Season Pass only covers the 4 add-on campaign missions. There's still around $50 of $DLC to buy (including the new classes, such as the Mechromancer and Psycho). They didn't want the well to run dry just because someone bought the season pass.