Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Live Stream (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193314)

randir14 06-12-2013 02:39 PM

Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Live Stream

EA is holding a live stream of people playing Battlefield 4's multiplayer at E3, you can watch it on Twitch.tv.

randir14 06-12-2013 02:43 PM

Is it just me or does this look like nothing more than a Battlefield 3 DLC?

VenomUSMC 06-12-2013 02:57 PM

Well I think it looks more like a big expansion instead of what I think of DLC at least. Kind of like the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance deal.

randir14 06-12-2013 03:35 PM

I guess I just expected it to look more next-gen or have a different art style. To me it seems like Battlefield 3 with some new features.

Ravijn 06-12-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2219964)
I guess I just expected it to look more next-gen or have a different art style. To me it seems like Battlefield 3 with some new features.

Not much you can change on a FPS.

VenomUSMC 06-12-2013 04:02 PM

How many guns do you get to carry in this one...?

gravlax 06-12-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2219944)
Is it just me or does this look like nothing more than a Battlefield 3 DLC?

Nope, I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2219964)

Most launch titles(especially annualized titles) for a new generation of consoles are built with the last(current)-gen tech so you're bound to be disappointed if you have high expectation in terms of visual fidelity. Should wait at least 2+ years after the next-gen console launch for games that actually take advantage of the new tech.

Rule of thumb
1. 1st game in the franchise is basically a tech demo that mostly early adapters beta-test and fund to enable the development of sequel.
2. 2nd iteration is content complete without balance and polish.
3. 3rd iteration is a finished product(ie. "what the 1st game should've been.") for the mass.

;)

sai tyrus 06-12-2013 05:41 PM

I agree with randir14, but the biggest thing I've noticed is that the destruction is at the level I expected (and wanted) with BF3. If I get this, it'll be on sale. Same with Premium. But to be honest, I've found far cheaper (and equally entertaining) alternatives. We'll see though. Depends what they being to the table. Hate they stuck with the desaturated color. :/

Steve_Erhardt 06-12-2013 08:46 PM

so I was watching some multiplayer footage just now and they blew up/collapsed a sky scraper... anybody know if that's something you can dynamically do in the game, or is it kind of a "this is the only building you can do that to" situation? If it was dynamic, then I'm in. If it was semi-scripted... still pretty cool but less mind blowing for me.

VenomUSMC 06-12-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_Erhardt (Post 2220083)
so I was watching some multiplayer footage just now and they blew up/collapsed a sky scraper... anybody know if that's something you can dynamically do in the game, or is it kind of a "this is the only building you can do that to" situation? If it was dynamic, then I'm in. If it was semi-scripted... still pretty cool but less mind blowing for me.

I watched two matches and it seemed to collapse at two different points of time. Now I don't know if that means it just has a random time or at a certain amount of points or what. It certainly would be cool if players had to bring it down though.

randir14 06-12-2013 08:59 PM

They said it's destroyable by players, not scripted like the Caspian Border tower.

gravlax 06-12-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_Erhardt (Post 2220083)

Yes and no. That particular sky scraper can be destroyed by players, if enough damage's dealt to its supporting pillars. But NOT all buildings can be dynamically toppled like that or "you'll lose the game structure.", according to DICE producer.

From a gameplay demo video I saw, I can tell only select buildings are allowed to be damaged.(To be fair, that Shanghai map's huge, full of buildings and bridges so even next-gen consoles probably couldn't handle map-wide total destruction.) where random players fired a rocket to a building and it only left a decal, not a giant hole. Environmental destruction's certainly a step up from BF3 but not Bad Company scale yet.

BeachGaara 06-12-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomUSMC (Post 2219949)
Well I think it looks more like a big expansion instead of what I think of DLC at least. Kind of like the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance deal.

You mean like what they used to do with Battlefield?

Honestly though if this is all they did, why not do BF2143? It's what people wanted and this is just 2 and 3 joined together. Pass.

sgtslappy 06-13-2013 12:26 AM

I thought it was a given that the graphics don't really improve but more like the details like destroyable terrain, more players at once etc etc. Less obvious things, I guess.

The jump has been less gradual, it seems.

BeachGaara 06-13-2013 01:52 AM

64v64 is more than enough.

randir14 06-13-2013 02:15 AM

Lots of info from someone who played it at E3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...6&postcount=86

Vulture 06-13-2013 03:39 PM

PC/Xbone/PS4 64 +1 commander per side

x360 & PS3 12+1 commander.