Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ArmA III - E3 Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193296)

Emabulator 06-12-2013 10:21 AM

ArmA III - E3 Trailer

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8261/8...5fd22d66c3.jpg

Click on the headline to watch the trailer.

Emabulator 06-12-2013 10:21 AM

MasterKwan 06-12-2013 10:55 AM

Always looks more fun than it ends up being.

brandonjclark 06-12-2013 11:04 AM

Have u tried the alpha? The controls are much improved.

MasterKwan 06-12-2013 11:13 AM

I have. I'm a sucker for Arma but, I always end up disappointed.

randir14 06-12-2013 11:53 AM

I thought they were supposed to be showing new beta footage at E3? Everything in this trailer is from the alpha.

BeachGaara 06-12-2013 05:00 PM

Look at the crappy textures on that uniform.

Steve_Erhardt 06-12-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKwan (Post 2219868)
I have. I'm a sucker for Arma but, I always end up disappointed.

Same here. I keep buying them, play for a couple weeks, then get frustrated and give up. If Brandon is right and the controls are much improved, I might have to give it a look, but I'm holding off for now because my hopes for decent controls have always ended up viciously crushed by their byzantine approach.

randir14 06-12-2013 07:08 PM

Did you guys try playing online? I think ArmA shines in online co-op missions in clan servers.

BeachGaara 06-12-2013 07:28 PM

The controls are so much better. I can't wait to use them in DayZ.

It's still super tough but it plays much, much better. The gear is also... broken down more? In the Alpha I ran around with US tactical glasses, a commie (?) helmet, US webbing, an a scuba team backpack and flippers.

Steve_Erhardt 06-12-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachGaara (Post 2220080)
The controls are so much better. I can't wait to use them in DayZ.

It's still super tough but it plays much, much better.

I don't mind if it's tough, that's part of the reason why I like the idea of ARMA... I just hate when ARMA (or any game, for that matter) is tough because of ridiculously complicated control schemes, seemingly only for the sake of having a ridiculously complicated control scheme; as if that somehow proved the game is more realistic or hard-core.

If they really have streamlined the controls, I'll be super-excited to check it out once it's released.

BeachGaara 06-12-2013 10:04 PM

The controls are now more like something like Battlefield. It's still super complicated, but only if you want it to be, like all the stuff is there but the common stuff is condensed to the same set of keys. Helps to have a gaming mouse though to map some things to, but I do that in all my PC FPS games.

The one thing that is for sure harder is helicopters. They've taken the stuff from Take on Helicopters (according to big BI fans) and put that in. All I know now is that I can't fly for shit in one unless it's just going from A>B. I really need to get a flight stick....

NeoNecro 06-12-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachGaara (Post 2220128)
The controls are now more like something like Battlefield. It's still super complicated, but only if you want it to be, like all the stuff is there but the common stuff is condensed to the same set of keys. Helps to have a gaming mouse though to map some things to, but I do that in all my PC FPS games.

The one thing that is for sure harder is helicopters. They've taken the stuff from Take on Helicopters (according to big BI fans) and put that in. All I know now is that I can't fly for shit in one unless it's just going from A>B. I really need to get a flight stick....

Xbox 360 controller is awesome for flying. Just map the buttons and fly.

I don't like these new weapons and futuristic shit. rather play old style. it's more fun i think.

BeachGaara 06-13-2013 12:50 AM

I did, used keymapper, still can't fly for shit. Asked on the forums if they'd do a proper 360 heli control scheme. Doubt it'll help. The main problem is with the user.

retsudo 06-14-2013 03:58 PM

Arma isn't for everyone. They keep being whined at by battlefield players that it's too hard so they try to dumb it down, the community builds it up again.
Best experience is making it more hardcore like ACE mod.

retsudo 06-14-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_Erhardt (Post 2220121)
I don't mind if it's tough, that's part of the reason why I like the idea of ARMA... I just hate when ARMA (or any game, for that matter) is tough because of ridiculously complicated control schemes, seemingly only for the sake of having a ridiculously complicated control scheme; as if that somehow proved the game is more realistic or hard-core.

If they really have streamlined the controls, I'll be super-excited to check it out once it's released.

The controls are much better but .. if you think having a few different keys to press makes the game hard maybe its not for you.

I'd much rather Arma had more keys than it was dumbed down.