Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dark Souls II Gameplay Demo (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193258)

randir14 06-11-2013 08:09 PM

Dark Souls II Gameplay Demo

Click the headline to watch an eight minute gameplay demo of Dark Souls II.

randir14 06-11-2013 08:09 PM

inscribed 06-11-2013 08:42 PM

Current gen systems only... I'm alright with that. The best news was hearing that it will be at least as difficult, if not more than difficult than Dark Souls 1!

inscribed 06-11-2013 08:43 PM

Also, it's not 8 minutes of game play, its the same 3 minutes or so of gameplay looped for the duration of the interview. But it does show dual wielding, and some sort of magic sword swing that he was charging up to use.

Raw 06-11-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inscribed (Post 2219693)
Current gen systems only... I'm alright with that. The best news was hearing that it will be at least as difficult, if not more than difficult than Dark Souls 1!

I hope so, cause Dark Souls 1 was a cake walk.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2013 10:30 PM

One of these days, FROM will get sick of the Souls series and go back and make the game I really want, that EVERYONE can play without wanting to break something:

Enchanted Arms 2

ElektroDragon 06-11-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw (Post 2219708)

Cake walk my ass... it was so hard, I never even made it to the church with the gargoyles or whatever.

One of these days I will waste 1000 hours trying to beat that game. Maybe I will livestream it so all you overskilled freaks can tell me what the hell an RPG vet since the 80s is doing wrong with this fucking game.

inscribed 06-11-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2219734)
Cake walk my ass... it was so hard, I never even made it to the church with the gargoyles or whatever.

One of these days I will waste 1000 hours trying to beat that game. Maybe I will livestream it so all you overskilled freaks can tell me what the hell an RPG vet since the 80s is doing wrong with this fucking game.

Do it, you have to be doing something glaringly wrong to have that hard of a time with it. It starts out hard but you adapt to the play style and take it slow until you learn the areas. Like I said before, even my old man managed to platinum it.

randir14 06-11-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

It's easy to call it a cakewalk for anyone who has beaten the game and figured everything out, but there are certain areas in the game that I doubt many people found easy on their first (or even second, third, fourth, ex.) attempt.

rubbishfoo 06-12-2013 07:26 AM

I am still working on Dark Souls.

However - I am now at Sens Fortress fighting lizardmen... and they suck ass too.

Elektro - avoid the skeletons/graveyard at the start. Also - learn to backstab, helps tons.

AkumaATR 06-12-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

har har har
hee hee hee

Ravijn 06-12-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2219734)

First problem is that you're not playing a RPG. :)

I can't remember if you play PC games or not but the PC version of the game with the 60fps patch makes the game much more playable than the console versions. I had to stop the Xbox 360 version after Blighttown(I think) because of the massive amount of lag. But I managed to finish it on the PC.

Misanthropist 06-13-2013 12:04 AM

i found playing online to be really fun, either waiting to be invaded or invading others. As well as it grants insane EXP. so if one is stuck, say in sens fortress, play 10 levels of pvp, and move on 2 be the overpowered machete boss killer. First time through i beat the end game boss in one hit. a little too much pvp.

cake walk.

RocketMagnet 06-13-2013 01:03 PM

Think this is my most anticipated game of anything I've seen.

For a game you don't like ElectroDragon you certainly comment on it a great deal.. can understand your dislike if you've never made it more than a few % into the game, I suppose that would seem like a poor game as up until you complete the upper bell its just training really.
But those that put some time in and learned to play it, it was one of the most rewarding gaming experiences in many years as can be seems by the almost fanatical support for the game.

Sens Fortress is much easier with the rusted iron ring (normal run speed in the water to kills the multiple black guardians) really helps. Also some poison arrows to kill the caster lizard up above that's a pain. Poison arrows are easy kills for the archers in anor londo.. just need to aim well above them from extreme range.. tag 'em with poison and go make a coffee while they die.

Biggest thing I noticed in the demo was the change in Armour sets, after the first few demos the main character was always wearing the same outfit. Wouldn't be Dark Souls without you juggling your armour / weapons depending upon the situation.