Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PlayStation 4 Greatness Awaits (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193237)

Evil Avatar 06-11-2013 04:33 PM

PlayStation 4 Greatness Awaits

They captured my personality exactly. Hurm.

drevezan 06-11-2013 06:53 PM

Who is the actor? He seems really familiar, but I am struggling to place him.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2013 07:01 PM

Between this and the Step 1 sharing video, Sony are really knocking it out of the park. Great ad.

Terran 06-11-2013 07:03 PM

Hell, all they have to say at this point is "Not an XBone" and they're golden. This stuff is just icing.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2219648)
Hell, all they have to say at this point is "Not an XBone" and they're golden. This stuff is just icing.

The general public still needs to get the hint that the PS4 is a better system than the XBone.

Some of that will come from major media outlets when consumers get the system home and find out that they can't even play a game until after they connect it to the internet (which might be a problem if you don't have WiFi in your home).

The rest of it should come from the price difference. Consumers usually flock to the cheaper system if two things launch at the same time.

Azzy 06-11-2013 07:30 PM

" Who are you to be Anonymous? "
i see what you did there Sony, i see what you did there.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2219660)
The general public still needs to get the hint that the PS4 is a better system than the XBone.

Some of that will come from major media outlets when consumers get the system home and find out that they can't even play a game until after they connect it to the internet (which might be a problem if you don't have WiFi in your home).

The rest of it should come from the price difference. Consumers usually flock to the cheaper system if two things launch at the same time.

You're very optimistic. I've seen SO MANY completely clueless and ignorant people, especially on IGN. I think MS is banking on the clueless and ignorant this gen to gen them through.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2219662)
" Who are you to be Anonymous? "
i see what you did there Sony, i see what you did there.

I don't mind people knowing my real name AS LONG AS the people who know it are in a closed ecosystem and that information isn't readily available online. Because the LAST thing I need is some future employer finding out that I spend tons of my spare time gaming instead of, I don't know, reading scientific textbooks, or something.

sixtyfps 06-11-2013 09:38 PM

Greatness... in a war. always in a war, forever and ever. Amen.

lockwoodx 06-11-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2219578)

They captured my personality exactly.

http://i.imgur.com/9V8EO4d.gif

BeachGaara 06-11-2013 10:34 PM

A part of me hopes MS just go in a totally "America Yeah! Fuck the Japanese Apple Pie NFL CoD YEAH! AMERICA! (Support our troops)" direction.

BytorUK 06-12-2013 12:05 AM

Who cares ??

Xbox one or PS4 ?

The really good news for gamers is that we have two very powerful games consoles coming our way. Might be the deathnel of PC gaming but again that's been on the agenda for years.

Oh and the video is great .

Ghostblaze 06-12-2013 09:41 AM

Must you crash the 1 series??? The fuck Sony?

Wolfgang 06-12-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BytorUK (Post 2219752)
Who cares ??

Xbox one or PS4 ?

The really good news for gamers is that we have two very powerful games consoles coming our way. Might be the deathnel of PC gaming but again that's been on the agenda for years.

Oh and the video is great .

Watching E3 I kind of felt the PC was the winner. Seems a lot of the great games coming out are also coming to the PC. Then Destiny which is console only is also coming to the 360 and PS3.

The PS4 looks like a beefy PS3. If you like how the PS3 works, you will like the PS4.

The Xbox One is a beefy Xbox 360 with the addition of a ton of home entertainment stuff for use outside of gaming. If you want your box to be a Xbox 360 with more app stuff -- then you will like the Xbox One.

Evil Avatar 06-12-2013 09:59 AM

I really want the red suit that guy in the video has. It's got flair. Red is kinda my color anyway.

Metal Jesus 06-13-2013 07:10 PM

Great commercial. Sony is firing on all cylinders right now!

BeachGaara 06-13-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2219838)
I really want the red suit that guy in the video has. It's got flair. Red is kinda my color anyway.

Get one made, doesn't cost as much as you'd think.

Mav 06-13-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2219660)

This is what drove me to get a Sega Saturn over a Playstation 1 back in the day. They were roughly the same price, I think at the time (I wanna say Christmas of 96') the Saturn was about 30 or 40 bucks cheaper, and came with three pack in games while the PS1 was a bit more expensive and only had one pack in game.

Ironically the Saturn's life cycle didn't last much longer than that Christmas season, and I got a shit ton of games for literally pennies on the dollar from various retailers getting rid of their stock. I ended up with like 50+ Saturn games.

Methos 06-13-2013 07:53 PM

I've always felt that Sony's exclusives were stronger then anything Microsoft could muster this generation. Having both of the new systems being built with similar PC-architecture assures that 3rd party games will not suffer in ports, so I have very little interest in the XBox One for this holiday. If by chance something comes along down the line that I cannot miss (Mass Effect for 360, Uncharted 2 for PS3), I'll consider it.

brandonjclark 06-13-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methos (Post 2220448)
I've always felt that Sony's exclusives were stronger then anything Microsoft could muster this generation. Having both of the new systems being built with similar PC-architecture assures that 3rd party games will not suffer in ports, so I have very little interest in the XBox One for this holiday. If by chance something comes along down the line that I cannot miss (Mass Effect for 360, Uncharted 2 for PS3), I'll consider it.

Agreed, PC is going to get stronger. However, I think the console industry will ultimately grow. I'm not counting Microsoft out, either. There are lessons they've learned (most likely from our government) in forcing their will.