Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Defiance Character Trailers (TV Show) (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189824)

Emabulator 04-12-2013 03:46 PM

Defiance Character Trailers (TV Show)

Quote:

Tough and resourceful, Irisa is one Irathient you don't want to mess with.

Defiance premieres April 15 at 9/8c on Syfy.
Click on the headline to watch five six more Defiance trailers.

Emabulator 04-12-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Cunning, intelligent, and ambitious, Datak Tarr has a firm grip on Defiance's underworld. How long can they stay on top?

Quote:

Armed with a quick wit and self-assured attitude, Kenya is the proprieter of Defiance's resident bar and bordello, the Need/Want.

Emabulator 04-12-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

From lawbreaker to lawkeeper. Get to know more about #Defiance's Nolan.

Quote:

Behind every powerful man is an even more powerful woman.

Emabulator 04-12-2013 03:55 PM

Suicidal ShiZuru 04-12-2013 04:13 PM

Still need to finish those Episode Missions...

lockwoodx 04-12-2013 04:39 PM

Still need to find a justification for the price...

NeuroMan42 04-12-2013 09:38 PM

Actually really loving the game, and have not experienced ANY of the issues folks are yammering about. I play the PC version.

Did the beta for two months and actually pre-purchased the game. First time I ever bother to do that with an MMO. Been playing MMOs since the days of Ultima Online too. Really hoping the show ties together nicely with the game.

Mazzicc 04-12-2013 10:13 PM

Glad to hear positive things about it, maybe I'll pick this up after classes let out in May. Had dreams of getting back in shape though...

Suicidal ShiZuru 04-12-2013 11:13 PM

Overall it's fairly average but there is just something fun and addictive about shooting a bunch of random enemies, rescuing people and then driving around to do some more shooting. Some of the weapon variants are pretty interesting as well. The UI is a cluster fuck of consolized garbage but I can get over it yet it's obvious the entire game is held back by being multiplat. The story is alright and I like some of the characters so far. The entire map is fairly small but if they add content as promised when the show is airing it should be good enough before DLC hits. FYI this is more of an open world tps than an MMO and the skills are all fairly basic and weapons don't exactly scale for uber stats but better specialization for your play style. It's really strange but just works without feeling like you need to dedicate your life to it without missing out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeuroMan42 (Post 2202627)
Actually really loving the game, and have not experienced ANY of the issues folks are yammering about. I play the PC version.

Did the beta for two months and actually pre-purchased the game. First time I ever bother to do that with an MMO. Been playing MMOs since the days of Ultima Online too. Really hoping the show ties together nicely with the game.

Hopefully you're running SweetFX it makes the game look a lot less shitty. I use this preset and without modification other than turning up the gamma as mentioned it works great.

MADxMrMike 04-13-2013 08:15 AM

I feel the same as Suicidal. Its weird but I cant stop playing. Its good simple fun. The guns are cool and with gun mods you can customize how they look and play. Hopefully one day they will add skin mods for them. The different outfits, although only cosmetic, still look cool too. Also there are so many things you can collect by doing the different "challenges"(i think they are called something else).

For me to justify 60 bucks for a game it has to do one thing. Entertain me for more then 25 hours. If I can have fun for 25 hours or more Ill get it. I've already spent over 50 hours in this one. If Trion continues to support it like they have been then I can see myself spending even more time on it. 60 bucks well spent I say.

Emabulator 04-13-2013 08:35 AM

Rommel 04-13-2013 12:27 PM

Because there aren't enough post-apocalyptic shows, games and films these days. Oh look, this one takes place in Saint Louis. FYI--STL isn't worth saving. Let it burn.

Mazzicc 04-13-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2202734)
Because there aren't enough post-apocalyptic shows, games and films these days. Oh look, this one takes place in Saint Louis. FYI--STL isn't worth saving. Let it burn.

I prefer post-apocalypse to swords&sorcery / zombies. Hell, I get annoyed when I get zombies all up in my post-apocalypse (I'm looking at you, Fallout)

Emabulator 04-15-2013 05:16 PM

bean19 04-15-2013 05:29 PM

Why can't the characters in-game be that attractive?

Suicidal ShiZuru 04-15-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean19 (Post 2203137)
Why can't the characters in-game be that attractive?

Consoles. I'm serious this time.

There is Ara Shondu if that's your thing.

http://i.imgur.com/jzqYBTQ.png

It's hard to top Stahma Tarr when she suddenly revealed what is under her robe in the pilot. Including Julie Benz that is two actresses from Dexter now.

http://i.imgur.com/qUQlakZ.gif