Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adam "Deal With It" Orth No Longer With Microsoft (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189718)

Emabulator 04-11-2013 07:11 AM

Adam "Deal With It" Orth No Longer With Microsoft
 

According to this article on Game Informer Adam Orth is no longer with Microsft. This comes on the heels of his 'deal with it' defense of the rumors that the next Xbox will require an always online internet connection.

Quote:

Game Informer has learned from sources close to the matter that Orth is no longer with Microsoft. A call to Microsoft's main switchboard confirmed this fact. Our sources, who wish to remain anonymous, suggest that Orth resigned in the wake of last week's events. We haven't been able to confirm whether this was a voluntary or forced resignation.

Microsoft isn't commenting on the "always on" rumor or today's talk of a May 21 reveal for the console. We can't say for sure if Orth's "deal with it" approach is confirmation that users will need to be online (though with news emerging today of television integration, it's becoming more likely), but we can safely assume that his employer didn't appreciate him commenting on the matter.
Thanks, Ravijn.

brandonjclark 04-11-2013 07:22 AM

Thou shalt not Tweet

Evil Avatar 04-11-2013 07:53 AM

My sources said he was fired the next morning. People who make Microsoft apologize for their actions don't last long and good luck getting another job with a big tech company after that mess.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. People who don't respect their customers don't deserve to have customers.

gzsfrk 04-11-2013 07:55 AM

Natural selection at work. The guy earned his own career Darwin award.

EL CABONG 04-11-2013 07:58 AM

I am dealing with it by selling my 360 and not buying their next console.

DeluxE 04-11-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2202138)
I am dealing with it by selling my 360 and not buying their next console.

Really?

You're going to sell your console, lose all the content on the hard drive and everything, over this?

If anything you could just refuse to buy new games for the current machine.

I mean, I can understand not buying the "always-on-Nextbox", since that's what bothers you, but what does selling your 360 solve?

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeluxE (Post 2202141)
I mean, I can understand not buying the "always-on-Nextbox", since that's what bothers you, but what does selling your 360 solve?

First off Rumor, and more dots have been starting connect on this front.

The always on feature, is being tied to the cable tv aspect, not so much as to the playing games aspect. Dont be jumping to conclusions.

And to the guy selling his xbox, I shake my head at you. Over a guys tweets? Really? Tweets? A guy that creates games... not the guy creating the machine, the guy who creates games...

I suggest you think it thru.

bean19 04-11-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2202132)
My sources said he was fired the next morning. People who make Microsoft apologize for their actions don't last long and good luck getting another job with a big tech company after that mess.

If your company was releasing an item with a controversial feature and one of your employees antagonized customers who were worried about the rumor, wouldn't you fire him?

I've worked for companies under NDA before and I'd NEVER Tweet about one of our products - especially a rumor about a controversial feature.

EL CABONG 04-11-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeluxE (Post 2202141)
Really?

You're going to sell your console, lose all the content on the hard drive and everything, over this?

If anything you could just refuse to buy new games for the current machine.

I mean, I can understand not buying the "always-on-Nextbox", since that's what bothers you, but what does selling your 360 solve?

Not just over this guys tweet. I don't use my 360 much anymore. I like my kinect but don't love it. I have only been useing it when I have company over and I would like to rearrange my living room which I could not do and still use kinect. I have been playing games on PC more and more of late.

Right now I am leaning towards PS4 but I think I am gonna build a new PC sometime this year and that is where I will do most of my gaming.

DeluxE 04-11-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2202146)
Not just over this guys tweet. I don't use my 360 much anymore. I like my kinect but don't love it. I have only been useing it when I have company over and I would like to rearrange my living room which I could not do and still use kinect. I have been playing games on PC more and more of late.

Right now I am leaning towards PS4 but I think I am gonna build a new PC sometime this year and that is where I will do most of my gaming.

Okay... so nothing to do with the post then?

laggerific 04-11-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg (Post 2202144)
The always on feature, is being tied to the cable tv aspect, not so much as to the playing games aspect. Dont be jumping to conclusions.

While this may be the case, I find that argument in the context of what Orth was saying to be disingenuous. You have to be connected to something to watch cable. I can't think of a time in which that hasn't been necessary. But, to watch a VHS or DVD or Bluray? I can be watching those in a mountain hovel powered only by a handcrank and a hamster wheel, and I can watch those. The same goes for most games these days, even Steam. I have an arcade cabinet where I play all steam games offline, as I don't want it to interfere with my main Steam gaming.

I think it's a logical leap to assert that he was referencing this one feature. This should easily be a minor feature of any console offering, and since most people still think of consoles as game machines, it's more logical to connect that twitter "discussion" to gaming.

AkumaATR 04-11-2013 08:34 AM

I still think the greatest irony with this story is that this person who's confessed love for everything Internet, who basically talked down to everyone who doesn't live in a tech hub like they're hillbillies, doesn't even comprehend the repercussions of running your mouth online today while in the position he was in (a representative of his company, no matter how you slice it).

What. a. dumbass.

http://i.imgur.com/vigz1Bvl.jpg

EL CABONG 04-11-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeluxE (Post 2202147)
Okay... so nothing to do with the post then?

Always on is a factor. I was a 360 guy this gen. I really like Forza and Fable. This guys tweet was pretty much confirmation of always on being on the next box. Sort of the last straw for me being done with XBoX.

Hagetaka 04-11-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2202146)
... I think I am gonna build a new PC sometime this year and that is where I will do most of my gaming.

I keep hearing this a lot.

DeluxE 04-11-2013 08:49 AM

Well, it certainly seems like Sony is already winning the PR war for the NextGen.

Microsoft must be scrambling to put something good together... but they're burning goodwill fast...

And Nintendo is still trying to convince people that they will learn to love their tablet...

Suddenly, I almost want to become a PC guy...

Azriel77 04-11-2013 08:58 AM

I will probably not get the next xbox honestly. I rarely used my 360 this gen, I am a PC gamer first and just about everything good has ended up on the PC besides a few rare console exclusives and even they usually end up on the PS3 eventually. Money is tight and I will most likely get the ps4 (if even that) depending on what the actual specs and if there are any unwanted surprises. There are a lot of rumors flying about the 360 and just about all of them are negative. Considering some of the design choices they forced on users of windows 8, I am not so quick to disbelieve.

Rommel 04-11-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagetaka (Post 2202156)
I keep hearing this a lot.

Because it is the correct platform for gaming. In particular if you are an adult and don't have your college friends to play co-op with you on the couch. Give me my office desk and a good internet connection any day.

Terran 04-11-2013 09:13 AM

Nobody will care about any of this when the next Xbox launches. All that will matter is what always matters: Content (software), price, features. If MS goes with always-online, they may lose a few customers over it, but they may also gain a bunch who want other non-gaming features which are coming to the forefront in the MS strategy.

Also, what a bunch of heartless people some of you are. The guy was an idiot online and made a mistake. I suppose his career should end as of now and he should burn in eternal career purgatory for his sins.

He's paid a huge price for it. I for one hope he lands on his feet, despite my disdain for his words. If you've never said something stupid, you must be mute.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2202163)
Because it is the correct platform for gaming. In particular if you are an adult and don't have your college friends to play co-op with you on the couch. Give me my office desk and a good internet connection any day.

This perception is toxic...

"Its the correct platform...
FOR YOU! Not me, not everyone, YOU!

I find PC gaming annoying. I sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. The last thing I want to see when I get home is another desk to play and relax at. That isn't comfortable.

And this couch coop you talk about, lets be honest, most gaming is done solo with friends at their respected homes. I game with People cities away, and in several different states. All of which are friends.

And then you finish your post of
Give me my office desk and a good internet connection any day

Personal opinion. I dont want your desk, and my xbox has just as good of a connection the internet as your PC. So your Pro PC love can suck it. :cool:

Agnostic Pope 04-11-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2202165)
Also, what a bunch of heartless people some of you are. The guy was an idiot online and made a mistake. I suppose his career should end as of now and he should burn in eternal career purgatory for his sins.

He's paid a huge price for it. I for one hope he lands on his feet, despite my disdain for his words. If you've never said something stupid, you must be mute.

I've said plenty of stupid things but never gloated on a fucking social website with my name on it so that billions can see my posts while I work for a company that focus on secrecy and is rather harsh on fucking up pr.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.