Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Smurfs 2 Game Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189679)

Emabulator 04-10-2013 10:22 AM

The Smurfs 2 Game Announced

Ubisoft has announced The Smurfs 2 game. It's a multiplatform title based on the upcoming film of the same name.

Quote:

In anticipation of the July 31 release of Columbia Pictures’ and Sony Pictures Animation’s 3D hybrid live-action/animated family comedy The Smurfs™ 2, today Ubisoft® announced that the company will develop and publish a video game based on the film. Developed by Ubisoft and WayForward, the game will be released as an action-adventure platformer game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ and Wii U™, as well as an interactive storytelling book and collection of mini-games on Nintendo DS™. It will release on all consoles in July, 2013.

The game is based on The Smurfs 2 film and follows up on a highly successful collaboration between Ubisoft and Sony Pictures Consumer Products on The Smurfs™ Dance Party. That same year, the motion picture The Smurfs took in more than $560 million at the worldwide box office.

The Smurfs 2 video game is an action-packed adventure platformer that provides Smurfs fans of all ages with the opportunity to dive into the magical Smurfs Village and relive iconic moments and key environments from the feature film. Players assume the role of a Smurf and immerse themselves in an interactive adventure through the movie’s enchanting environments including New York City and Paris, and expand their movie experience into worlds exclusive to the video game such as The Arctic Tundra and the The Lava Jungle.

sai tyrus 04-10-2013 10:43 AM

I imagine this will do well. /sarcasm

vallor 04-10-2013 11:50 AM

This is going to be a smurfwreck.

Metal Jesus 04-10-2013 12:51 PM

Day 1 Purchase

ElektroDragon 04-10-2013 01:48 PM

People, come on. You have to own a Smurf game, just like you have to own at least one Transformers game.

Ubisoft is French, so are the Smurfs. They are going to treat this property well. Ubisoft also has a grasp of how to do humor with small critters as seen in Raving Rabbids.

Definitely a day 1 purchase, at least for collectability. Now if Activision was doing it, I'd be more skeptical.

Agnostic Pope 04-10-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2201950)
People, come on. You have to own a Smurf game, just like you have to own at least one Transformers game.

Nope. We don't have a addiction to buying EVERY single game out there mang.

Azrael 04-10-2013 08:13 PM

Was there a Smurfs 1 game?

rubbishfoo 04-10-2013 08:35 PM

I did own a smurf game - from the Atari 2600.

Metal Jesus 04-10-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2201950)

Damn right! I own the Colecovision game. It's practically broken when it comes to jumping over those fences... But I own it! :)