Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Natural Selection 2 - Descent Marine Gameplay... (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187709)

sai tyrus 03-05-2013 02:28 PM

Natural Selection 2 - Descent Marine Gameplay...

Footage of me playing the new map, "Descent" that came free as part of the Gorgeous Update for Natural Selection 2 on February 28th, 2013.

Demo_Boy 03-05-2013 03:25 PM

This game is pretty exquisite in presentation and depth. For Aliens and Team Vs. Team players its a must own.
The video practically undersells the game, omitting the big endgame upgrades.

Demo sez: Highly recommended.

Major Dan 03-05-2013 03:33 PM

So it is Brink with creatures? I think I might like it, as I liked Brink. And that gun needs a bigger clip, badly.

lockwoodx 03-05-2013 05:57 PM

Bah I still need to try this update. If they've improved enough they'll earn my respect.

sai tyrus 03-05-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo_Boy (Post 2192154)
This game is pretty exquisite in presentation and depth. For Aliens and Team Vs. Team players its a must own.
The video practically undersells the game, omitting the big endgame upgrades.

Demo sez: Highly recommended.

In the last segment I have a jetpack. Didn't get to see the new Gorge tunnels or babblers. And I didn't include it but by the time I got an exo-suit, I walked two steps and the game ended with a marine victory. :) I'll definitely try to show some of the other stuff in upcoming videos. Absolutely LOVE this game. It's fantastic.

davidj.dk 03-06-2013 03:13 PM

I need to play this more..

I absolutely loved the first one.. played the living crap out of it.. however, other games seems to distract me from playing this one, even though i know it's a totally awesome game..

3Suns 03-06-2013 04:17 PM

If I played PC, it would probably own my gaming time like Gears of War 1 did. It is almost a system seller for me.

sai tyrus 03-06-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Suns (Post 2192441)
If I played PC, it would probably own my gaming time like Gears of War 1 did. It is almost a system seller for me.

I'm gonna keep driving it home! Also, demo versions of Steamboxes are being sent out this week. Dunno if it's to devs or consumers.

And can a brother get some likes on that vid? Got some haters out there.

Zelos 03-06-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2192444)
I'm gonna keep driving it home! Also, demo versions of Steamboxes are being sent out this week. Dunno if it's to devs or consumers.

And can a brother get some likes on that vid? Got some haters out there.

I'll take the case duh I mean like.

Major Dan 03-06-2013 05:25 PM

Seriously is this like Brink or not? Team based objective game play, but versus some kind of creatures.

sai tyrus 03-06-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Dan (Post 2192479)
Seriously is this like Brink or not? Team based objective game play, but versus some kind of creatures.

Kind of. Only each team has a commander that plays the game like an overhead RTS. Teams compete for resource points which they have to defend. Accumulating resources allows different structures to be built which grant access to new units, weapons and abilities that player-controlled units can then purchase.

sai tyrus 03-06-2013 08:31 PM

And thanks Zelos!

Skunk 03-07-2013 04:17 AM

Looks like the original, with improved visuals and animations. Which is a great thing!

The team in the video seems very mature and professional as well, which is a plus.

Skunk 03-07-2013 04:18 AM

Looks like the original, with improved visuals and animations. Which is a great thing!

The team in the video seems very mature and professional as well, which is a plus.

sai tyrus 03-07-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2192618)

It's a solid title. And for the most part, this is reflective of how the community is. The NS community is known for being close-knit and generally nice. You still get some rotten ones, but as a whole, the randoms have been fun to play with.

Major Dan 03-07-2013 10:17 AM

Thanks Sai Tyrus, I was missing the leader/rts part. Sounds like fun.

sai tyrus 03-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Dan (Post 2192681)
Thanks Sai Tyrus, I was missing the leader/rts part. Sounds like fun.

You're welcome sir! I think the game's damn amazing! If you have a PC that can run it, but this SUKAH!