Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gears of War: Judgment Contains a Second Campaign Titled ‘Aftermath’ (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187656)

Evil Avatar 03-04-2013 05:49 PM

Gears of War: Judgment Contains a Second Campaign Titled ‘Aftermath’

Epic Games and Microsoft have announced that additional single-player content will be included in Gears of War: Judgement.

Quote:

Gears of War: Judgment's unlockable second campaign revealed

There's a whole 'nother campaign tucked away in People Can Fly's entertaining prequel Gears of War: Judgment, Epic has told OXM. It takes place during the final hours of Gears of War 3, and reveals what exactly Baird and Cole got up to while Marcus was busy putting down the Locust Queen.

To get at the additional content, you'll need to unlock all the stars - won by completing sections of the main campaign.

"We wanted to do something that added context to the game, so you had that beginning part, but then this ties everything together with the main trilogy as well," lead level designer Jim Brown told me at a preview event. "So you'll see when you go in there some people you recognise, some places, maybe even some enemies and then see how the two storylines weave together in the context of the whole franchise."

"Obviously we don't want to give away too many spoilers in how it's going to end or what you're going to see," he added, "But the basic gist of it is that when they're at the fort, Marcus sends Barrett and Cole off to find supplies and reinforcements, and then he goes off to Azura. Then at the very end they show up with helicopters. This is where they went and what they did on that mission."

Brown didn't let on how long the unlockable story content would last, but it sounds like there's not-inconsiderable playtime involved.

sai tyrus 03-04-2013 07:58 PM

Read about this earlier today. Pretty damn cool. Just not enough for me to buy the game.

Evil Avatar 03-04-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2191902)
Read about this earlier today. Pretty damn cool. Just not enough for me to buy the game.

I think it is too soon. I feel like I just finished Gears of War 3. I'm going to buy the game -- but not at full price.

sai tyrus 03-04-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2191903)
I think it is too soon. I feel like I just finished Gears of War 3. I'm going to buy the game -- but not at full price.

Yeah, I may pick it up down the road. Just not any time soon. Never finished Shadow of Raam...

Evil Avatar 03-04-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2191905)
Yeah, I may pick it up down the road. Just not any time soon. Never finished Shadow of Raam...

Same here. I went to play it about a week ago and then got distracted by Dead Space 2. :D

Agnostic Pope 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

Dead Space 2?

DarkDaY 03-05-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2191903)

oddly enough, i totally agree with you on this. I can afford it but way to soon...so, no

DarkDaY 03-05-2013 01:59 AM

For me thats saying alot as its one of my all time favorite franchises.

Evil Avatar 03-05-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope (Post 2191948)
Dead Space 2?

Yep. I was trying to finish it up before Dead Space 3 came out. I'm almost at the end of the game.

MADxMrMike 03-05-2013 08:01 AM

WHAT!!!?? You mean you guys are not going to nickle and dime us!!?? Bullarky I say! SHENANIGANS!!!!!!