Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen" - Nvidia Rep's Response to Something Epic Showed Him (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187550)

randir14 03-01-2013 06:18 PM

"Greatest Thing I've Ever Seen" - Nvidia Rep's Response to Something Epic Showed Him

Epic seems to having something big going on behind closed doors. They gave a PC gaming-related presentation to Nvidia today, after which one Nvidia representative commented that it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen. Not only that, Epic's Mark Rein says that particular presentation wasn't even the most significant thing they showed off.

Rommel 03-01-2013 06:20 PM

The biggest announcement possible is the automatic inclusion of GPU-bound PhysX in all Unreal titles. PhysX and variable VSync are the only things current Geforce cards below a straight grand have going for them.

Ravijn 03-01-2013 06:25 PM

Is it Nvidia's counter to AMD's TressFX????? :P

Emabulator 03-01-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravijn (Post 2191267)

BreastFX!!! - You won't pay the slightest bit of attention the hair.

Agnostic Pope 03-01-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2191268)

Yeah I was gonna say tits as well. But then again all Epic cares about is MANBOOBS and BROS.

Evil Avatar 03-01-2013 06:34 PM

Since we know that Epic's PC title is Fortnite, I'm not sure anyone should get all that excited about it. It looks good.

Good, but not great.

Azzy 03-01-2013 07:52 PM

Somebody in the industry said that something awesome is happening? And then somebody else said that there's even more better to be had??
Who do I mail my paycheck to! Groundbreaking news!!

They've finally found a way to up the ante on the announcement of a forthcoming announcement. Now somebody has been shown something about something that we haven't yet heard that we're going to hear about!

t0pquark 03-01-2013 08:16 PM

Or it was something new of theirs, but shown on the Oculous Rift. Since Oculous has been running demos using the Citadel demo from Epic, I'm guessing they are a part of the developer advanced preview going on currently.

Rommel 03-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2191268)

Not around these parts. From what I was able to decipher from the TressFX thread, the only way the men here would notice breasts is if their women tied her locks up in two massive Sailer Moon-style pig tails, twisted one around each mammary and pulled until they swelled up, turned purple from lack of oxygen and finally blood spat out the nipples. And that's why everyone is rushing to buy Radeon cards.

Anenome 03-01-2013 09:45 PM

Quick, AMD is in the news, we have to control the narrative, spoil their party. Spoil! Spoil!

ElektroDragon 03-01-2013 09:50 PM

Wow, Mark Rein must have some huge schlong!

Rommel 03-01-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anenome (Post 2191303)
Quick, AMD is in the news, we have to control the narrative, spoil their party. Spoil! Spoil!

In the news, with TressFX? mmm--no. No the biggest GPU news of the month was Titan, for good or for bad. If Nvidia cared a lick about AMD they'd had competed in the second half of the generation, as opposed to not releasing a 680+ or the like to match the thousand 7970 variants or even price matching when they lost the performance crown. Nvidia doesn't seem to acknowledge AMD's existence in their business strategy. Heck, they offered to license PhysX.

defiant 03-01-2013 10:55 PM

Bets on whether whatever it is becomes an xbox next exclusive with PC to receive the dregs three years later?

Rommel 03-02-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiant (Post 2191320)
Bets on whether whatever it is becomes an xbox next exclusive with PC to receive the dregs three years later?

AMD is the rumored card for the Nextbox, call it that please, so I doubt Nvidia is going to be the ones all giddy over what Epic is doing for the machine.

ColinVI 03-02-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2191305)
Wow, Mark Rein must have some huge schlong!

But Now with Nvidia Technology, It's sparkly and has realistic physics.

Meusli 03-02-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2191272)
Since we know that Epic's PC title is Fortnite, I'm not sure anyone should get all that excited about it. It looks good.

Good, but not great.

If they have put physx into this game then this would explain the circle jerk.

Syl 03-02-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravijn (Post 2191267)

Nothing really states that TressFX is amd exclusive, surprisingly.

Metal Khaos 03-02-2013 09:40 AM

I'll believe it when I sees it.

brandonjclark 03-02-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2191272)

Good, but not great.

I'm actually really excited for Fortnite. If this is what he's getting excited about I'm happy.

Clancy 03-02-2013 10:28 AM

How is this news anyway ?

This is 100% PR and looks like they scored with this one. :rolleyes:

The chance of it being 100% BS is also high, much like DNF.

In other news, OMG! I saw the greatest thing ever, and it puts both NVIDIA & AMD to shame!