Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefield 3: Endgame - Interview and Gameplay Footage (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187538)

randir14 03-01-2013 02:46 PM

Battlefield 3: Endgame - Interview and Gameplay Footage

Battlefield 3 lead designer Niklas Fegraeus talks about the Battlefield 3: Endgame DLC. There's also some footage of the new maps.

Capt_Thad 03-01-2013 05:39 PM

hmm Light transport AA. That should be interesting.

VenomUSMC 03-01-2013 06:31 PM

Oddly enough I think the addon I played the least was the armored one and I love the vehicles. I prefer using vehicles as support by fire positions and having infantry maneuver

ARGH 03-01-2013 07:48 PM

the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....

Ghostblaze 03-01-2013 09:16 PM

BF2 shits on BF3.

_-Psycho-_ 03-02-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARGH (Post 2191294)
the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....

I disagree. It works great in Online FPS'. Makes you wanna play just a little more go get the unlock or reach the new rank. I think it's very well implemented in games like BF3.

randir14 03-02-2013 10:50 AM

I like XP and unlocks in online games. It's nice to have something to work towards other than a higher K/D ratio.

3Suns 03-02-2013 11:57 PM

I love the points DICE's BF games dish out. Not only is it a ton of fun to see the points rack up, but it encourages people to play their roles better and be better teammates. It is without a doubt, one of the most influential and important innovations of the genre since the melee/nade/shoot mechanic was introduced.

brandonjclark 03-03-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostblaze (Post 2191301)
BF2 shits on BF3.

By far.... BF3 is fun, at times.. but mostly it's garbage...

sai tyrus 03-03-2013 08:17 AM

I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.

Syl 03-03-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2191459)
I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.

Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.

ARGH 03-03-2013 07:18 PM

in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.

randir14 03-03-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARGH (Post 2191543)
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.

I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.

VenomUSMC 03-03-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2191548)
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.

Only way I've seen tking is in hardcore mode.

Suicidal ShiZuru 03-03-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randir14 (Post 2191548)

Back in the day when MP was a hell of a lot more fun than it is now. Now it's all about tweeting your fucking achievements and collecting arbitrary shit like dog tags.

Syl 03-04-2013 07:03 AM

I think you just play with shitty people.

Nilych 03-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARGH (Post 2191543)
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming

In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.

VenomUSMC 03-04-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilych (Post 2191835)
In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.

20 points per "tick" of healing. If you just want to run a medic and even have a shitty K/D ratio you can still be the highest scoring from bringing allies back alone.

sai tyrus 03-04-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2191516)
Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.

You waited, which is what I'll do on the next go-round. I may not have made the point above, but from my end, getting most titles at launch isn't something I plan on doing much. Loved BF: BC2 by the way. Amazing game.