Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Elder Scrolls Online Beta Begins This Month (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187526)

randir14 03-01-2013 12:22 PM

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Begins This Month

The Elder Scrolls Online will begin its beta test towards the end of this month.

Quote:

How do I sign up?

If you haven’t signed up to beta test ESO yet, sign up now.

When does testing start?

We held our first small friends-and-family test on February 28th. Invitations to the general public for the first round of beta events will be sent around the end of March. We’ll post notifications on our website and social media channels whenever we send a batch of invitations. When we do, check the e-mail address you used to register for the beta. If you’ve been selected, you’ll receive an invitation with instructions.
Read more info about the beta test here.

lockwoodx 03-01-2013 12:43 PM

I've already signed up. I want to see if Matt Frior had any real talent or was just at the right place during the right time with DAoC.

brandonjclark 03-01-2013 03:57 PM

I've signed up, too. The pedigree of the devs has me hopeful.

Ravijn 03-01-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockwoodx (Post 2191189)
I've already signed up. I want to see if Matt Frior had any real talent or was just at the right place during the right time with DAoC.

Someone has to eventually hit a home run in the MMO market considering the last bunch of failures recently. Hopefully the odds are on their side.

I'll give it a shot if I get into the beta.

Agnostic Pope 03-01-2013 06:46 PM

It will fail. TES games were always about you and how you shaped the world. Not a click fest where you raid dungeons with other idiots.

brandonjclark 03-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravijn (Post 2191255)
Someone has to eventually hit a home run in the MMO market considering the last bunch of failures recently. Hopefully the odds are on their side.

I'll give it a shot if I get into the beta.

GW2 wants your one-time payment.

Ravijn 03-01-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2191281)
GW2 wants your one-time payment.

I already own the Guild Wars 2 CE. :) I play it every once in awhile when I'm bored.

Coldeath 03-02-2013 06:00 AM

I think it could work, but they will really need to masive singel player part. I mean like the size of the USA. If the scale can be large enough, you could use a dynamic system for quests and other content. However I have a feeling that this is going diwn the wrong path. (They look like wow is still the model the are trying to emulate. If this is the case then I feel they will fail) I really don't see what they are doing that will grab the elder scrolls players apart from the name.

EL CABONG 03-02-2013 07:27 AM

Signed up. Kinda pumped for this. I am a big TES fan. I keep telling myself I am done with MMO's but I hope this is good. Would rather have a drop in drop out co-op for an TES game but whatever. Combat sounds cool(for an MMO) and they claim enemy AI is a major focus.

If I can steal items from stores thats all I gonna do till I am crazy rich.

Suicidal ShiZuru 03-02-2013 07:37 AM

I don't remember if I ever signed up for this... I clicked the link to do so then decided I didn't care. Fantasy game, Elder Scrolls, MMO all things I'm bored to death of. Would be funny if it turns out I signed up already and get in.