Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skyrim Patch 1.6 Introduces Mounted Combat (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170512)

sai tyrus 05-24-2012 10:05 PM

Cool they added this.

Azrael 05-24-2012 10:37 PM

still haven't picked this game up, probably should... But it can wait till i'm done with D3 :P

toob_ninja 05-25-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2123376)
If you only game on a console then you're kind of the paste eater of graphics experts.

xbox.

I think this invalidates your argument. Hows that feel?

vherub 05-25-2012 08:56 AM

Looking forward to what modders do with horse combat features.

Pluvious 05-25-2012 10:20 AM

I will concede that due to size and scope of a game like Skyrim and Fallout there has be compromises somewhere, I'm just annoyed that it has to be on such a prominent part of the game. I'd rather the game was smaller if that meant they could put more work into the characters and animations. That's all. Anyway.. sorry to derail the topic, I'm done with my little rant. :)

Thanks Pope for the support. At least someone gets it.

PatrickRes9 05-26-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSPfreak (Post 2123381)
Matter how? No game needs good graphics to be a good game, and that's not even debatable. If you prefer good graphics, that's your prerogative but there are people that literally bash numerous games because the graphics are even 1 notch below what is the current BEST and it's utterly ridiculous.

Extremely good point. There are a few arcade titles out there that are top notch gaming experiences. They look like garbage compared to current retail games. Proof a game's validity is not tied to graphics alone. Man, didn't Braid, Fez, Bastion, and others suck....such outdated graphics.

If someone introduced the likes of Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter 2, Worms Armageddon, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Castlevania SOTN, etc add infinity, as brand new games, never released or played before, in their original form right now, they'd sell like gang-busters on XBLA and PSN.

Why are emulators so popular? Because Super PunchOut is still a blast.
I played adventures of Lolo for the first time in probably 15 years? It looks like turd, but the gameplay is as fun as ever.

To me a game is either fun for me or not. The visuals CAN help build atmosphere, but they alone don't make or break a game.

lockwoodx 05-26-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSPfreak (Post 2123343)
Man, I remember a time where people just enjoyed good games and didn't have a gripe with every single aspect of it.

and then Sony came along....

PSPfreak 05-26-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockwoodx (Post 2123745)
and then Sony came along....

And the trend continued, sir. PS1 and PS2 have phenomenal libraries, I have no idea WTF you're trying to suggest.

Zelos 05-26-2012 01:53 PM

Zelda did it first.......

Testcase 05-26-2012 01:54 PM

I like to eat paste.

lockwoodx 05-26-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSPfreak (Post 2123761)
And the trend continued, sir. PS1 and PS2 have phenomenal libraries, I have no idea WTF you're trying to suggest.

By the time Sony entered the race, there was enough competition in the market to begin to scrutinize games, so indeed Sony ushered in a new era of darkness for the industry. lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.