Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marvel Heroes - Gameplay Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170284)

Emabulator 05-22-2012 11:08 AM

Marvel Heroes - Gameplay Teaser Trailer

Gazillion Entertainment has released the first trailer
for its upcoming MMO, Marvel Heroes.

Wolfgang 05-22-2012 12:54 PM

I will certainly give it a try. Looks a lot like Diablo meets marvel. Balancing seems like it could be an issue.

I mean Black Widow vs Deadpool? Etc... Should be fun though. It is supposed to be F2P. Looks like this and DCUO will fill my comic book gameplay needs. Glad to see it very different from DCUO -- so I can probably keep playing both.

Blog 05-22-2012 02:17 PM

This strongly reminds me of the Ultimate Alliance games, which were tons of fun. I'm interested.

Rommel 05-22-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang (Post 2122659)
I will certainly give it a try. Looks a lot like Diablo meets marvel. Balancing seems like it could be an issue.

I mean Black Widow vs Deadpool? Etc... Should be fun though. It is supposed to be F2P. Looks like this and DCUO will fill my comic book gameplay needs. Glad to see it very different from DCUO -- so I can probably keep playing both.

Balance issues in a Marvel universe? A universe where Thanos gets more power than the Living Tribunal because he has a personal author? Nah!

Capt_Thad 05-22-2012 03:16 PM

This is pretty much what I was expecting from their description. Curious how they'll twist this gamestyle into an MMO though, when you're only playing pre-existing characters. Need a video showing what kind of customization options and stuff you have.

Whimbrel 05-22-2012 03:49 PM

This is an mmo? Why didn't I think of this?

TUT 05-22-2012 05:35 PM

I bet it's a superhero game that doesn't make you feel that much a superhero. I only guess that because almost all superhero games fall victim to it. New rule: All superhero games need near 100% damageable environments. Somewhere the bar needs raised, no?

Frogleg Special 05-22-2012 07:32 PM

Doom, again?

Give us Thanos and a chance to play as the Galactic heroes.

LoTECH 05-23-2012 06:44 AM

Sigh. Of course they have the cosmic cube.

sai tyrus 05-23-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Thad (Post 2122700)
This is pretty much what I was expecting from their description. Curious how they'll twist this gamestyle into an MMO though, when you're only playing pre-existing characters. Need a video showing what kind of customization options and stuff you have.

Apparently you can choose costume variants from all the comics and eras for each character and mix and match them.

Rommel 05-23-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoTECH (Post 2122830)
Sigh. Of course they have the cosmic cube.

Which is one of the top 10 most overused Marvel storylines, I know. I am very happy it was in the Captain America / Avengers movie, though, because it is an accurate representation of what Marvel stories are. It could see less play, though--especially because it opens the door for the cosmic universe which ruins Marvel, rather than enhance it.

Capt_Thad 05-23-2012 08:49 PM

There's an article over at IGN that details a lot more of the mechanics.

I'm not a huge Marvel guy, but this looks like it could turn out pretty cool.

Blog 05-23-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Thad (Post 2123071)
There's an article over at IGN that details a lot more of the mechanics.

I'm not a huge Marvel guy, but this looks like it could turn out pretty cool.

I'm a huge Marvel nerd, and I really want to play this now.