Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   METAL JESUS ROCKS!: Dead Tree Time Machine (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170196)

gzsfrk 05-21-2012 09:26 AM

METAL JESUS ROCKS!: Dead Tree Time Machine

When I was a young nerdling, nothing beat the joy of reaching into our family mailbox and pulling out a copy of the latest issue of my currently-subscribed gaming rag. From COMPUTE!'s Gazzette to PC Gamer to OXM, there was just something extra special about flipping through those shiny leafs, basking in the excited anticipation of what treasures would be revealed with each page turn.

Ever dutiful in his mission to restore the happiness of our collective childhood lost, Metal Jesus this week breaks out the analog media and takes us on a trip through gaming history, hitting a few high points of our hobby as recorded by a selection from 20+ years of print media. Put down your smartphone; it's time to enjoy some static content stimulation on this week's episode of METAL JESUS ROCKS!:

Does anyone else remember back when "PC Gamer" used to be known as "PC Entertainment" magazine? Strange that I can barely find any reference at all to that fact online.

Metal Jesus 05-21-2012 11:17 AM

"Dead Tree Time Machine" LOL. Brilliant as usual, good sir!

blackzc 05-21-2012 12:28 PM

I love mags, i got a few hundred various EGM's Nintendo Power and Honda Tunning. And as long as my house doesn't get lit on fire i will always have them. Online stuff gets lost and is mostly smartass stuff written by smartasses like EGM was towards the end.

actusoul 05-21-2012 01:02 PM

How about Next Generation magazine... I have every issue somewhere....

gzsfrk 05-21-2012 01:38 PM

If you ever want a worthy cause to which you can donate your old gaming mag stash (or any other gaming stuff), MJ's collection is a great choice. No greater honor for old videogames, systems, and memorabilia than to live out their days in the Metal Jesus Man Cave. :)

MeelaPo 05-21-2012 01:38 PM

Thanks for the video Metal Jesus. Seeing those old PC Gamer magazines was a trip down memory lane. I remember reading those articles that you referenced. Those were the good old days!

MrE 05-21-2012 04:15 PM

I think I still have some Boot magazines (pre curser to MaximumPC) and PC Accelerator laying around. Used to love getting these in the mail every month.

randir14 05-21-2012 04:48 PM

Somewhere around here, I still have the PC Gamer issue that revealed Duke Nukem Forever back when it was still using the Quake 1 engine.

lockwoodx 05-21-2012 08:02 PM

Hells yeah. Wish I had more than just my PC mags to show off. Hmmm well maybe somewhere...

paragondk1 05-21-2012 11:10 PM

Fun video, as always. :)

I have a whole heap of old Amiga gamer magazines lying about, including Amiga Format and One. :)