Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Call of Duty: Black Ops II Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168980)

Evil Avatar 05-01-2012 05:19 PM

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Launch Trailer

Black Ops is back. Experience near-future black operations with the next
evolution of the legendary Call of Duty: Black Ops. Pre-order now. Out

Evil Avatar 05-01-2012 05:46 PM

Black Ops goes Battlefield 2142. EA should have seen that coming and jumped on the gun early.

7ofswords 05-01-2012 05:55 PM

Yeah, I'm actually interested in this one. I loved BF2142 so this is vaguely close to that era.

Raw 05-01-2012 05:56 PM

Sorry guys, but this looks cool. Might have to buy it. *GASPS*

BeachGaara 05-01-2012 05:56 PM

Don't think there's a good enough 'not bothered' gif in the universe to convey how not bothered I am...

A rental at best.

Also pretty sure Woods would be slightly more than a Sergeant upon retirement given his exploits.

mrbrick 05-01-2012 06:01 PM

Looked kind eh to me.

And also kind of bland.

Evil Avatar 05-01-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw (Post 2116759)

I buy them all. I'm a little burned out on the multiplayer -- which is a huge part of these games -- but I enjoy the single player campaigns.

Emabulator 05-01-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw (Post 2116759)

Agreed. I'm in!

Agnostic Pope 05-01-2012 06:04 PM

Is that a fucking horse? In the future? WOW.

Raw 05-01-2012 06:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWUHa...layer_embedded

Interview. Branching storyline, biggest zombie mode yet.

Agnostic Pope 05-01-2012 06:09 PM

Emab should review the PS3 version! :P

Metal Khaos 05-01-2012 06:11 PM

Weill grab it from Gamefly for a week or so before I get bored and return it. Burnt out on Call of Duty myself.

Methos 05-01-2012 07:20 PM

I'm on-board. I really liked the CODBLOPS SP campaign, and the near-future setting appeals to me. I passed on MW2 last year, but this one is a gimme.

sai tyrus 05-01-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope (Post 2116768)
Is that a fucking horse? In the future? WOW.

Yes. With Mechs and shit. Then the Ewoks will help the Rebels defeat the Empire.

That being said, the only really cool bit was the Deus Ex/Mass Effect Music. What I liked about Black Ops was the setting. They completely trashed that with Black Ops 2. While some parts of this game did look cool, overall it looked like a...

BIG.

FUCKING.

TURD.

VenomUSMC 05-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2116798)
Yes. With Mechs and shit. Then the Ewoks will help the Rebels defeat the Empire.

Not that COD is a "realistic" game however in this day and age of stealth drones, hand held mini drones and other robotics the US military has used horses in combat within the current war.

I understand that horses seem like a large step backwards and obviously have their ups and downs however they do offer several real advantages versus newer high tech forms of transportation.

Agnostic Pope 05-01-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2116798)

I never got StarWars. So they killed the Emperor...what about the 1000's of other fleets? They just gave up and the good guys won. Huge fucking plot-hole but then again...George Lucas. :P

sai tyrus 05-01-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomUSMC (Post 2116805)
Not that COD is a "realistic" game however in this day and age of stealth drones, hand held mini drones and other robotics the US military has used horses in combat within the current war.

I understand that horses seem like a large step backwards and obviously have their ups and downs however they do offer several real advantages versus newer high tech forms of transportation.

You and your truth. I suppose you're going to tell me that Santa Clause isn't real next. Not listening. Lalalalalaaaa! :D

sai tyrus 05-01-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope (Post 2116809)
I never got StarWars. So they killed the Emperor...what about the 1000's of other fleets? They just gave up and the good guys won. Huge fucking plot-hole but then again...George Lucas. :P

Well, he did indeed. That's where he should have just quit. Other authors expanded the Universe and basically said that the war with the Empire lasted about twenty years after Return if the Jedi. Dunno really. I gave up on the expanded Universe when my mom brought me a new Star Wars book... Then I read the back, and you know what the talentless author did. He fucking KILLED Chewbacca. I stopped reading the books after that. lol.

Agnostic Pope 05-01-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2116811)
Well, he did indeed. That's where he should have just quit. Other authors expanded the Universe and basically said that the war with the Empire lasted about twenty years after Return if the Jedi. Dunno really. I gave up on the expanded Universe when my mom brought me a new Star Wars book... Then I read the back, and you know what the talentless author did. He fucking KILLED Chewbacca. I stopped reading the books after that. lol.

George Lucas killed your childhood.

Evil Avatar 05-01-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2116811)
Then I read the back, and you know what the talentless author did. He fucking KILLED Chewbacca. I stopped reading the books after that. lol.

The author didn't do that -- that was George Lucas again. Lucas wanted that.