Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168717)

Jetherik 04-27-2012 06:02 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

The weekend has snuck upon us with the question: What are you playing this weekend?

wittynickname 04-27-2012 06:10 AM

Pretty full weekend upcoming. Not much gaming time.

Probable:
Nothing

Possible:
--More progress in, and trying to finish, Alice: Madness Returns.
--Downloading and digging into The Walking Dead: Episode 1.

Doubtful:
--More progress in Fez.

spdiscus 04-27-2012 06:16 AM

I'll play a few hours of The Witcher and maybe take a run at The Walking Dead ep1.

I'm trying to do some backlog burning as well, so I'll scan over a few of the free/cheap games I've collected over the last year to see what's worth keeping on the backlog and what can be dropped into the 'ignore' pile.

Azrael 04-27-2012 06:28 AM

Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link & Batman AA... Probably play a big of Heroes of Newerth in between and then onto Serious Sam 3, Rage or the Witcher 1... Touch choices

Earth Djinn 04-27-2012 06:37 AM

Alan Wake, Walking Dead, and maybe even some Rock Band 3.

LoTECH 04-27-2012 06:38 AM

I'm hopping in a truck to go work up north in the oil-fields for 2 weeks. The Xbox is already packed along with a freshly purchased copy of the Witcher 2.
Besides that, I'll be finishing Mass Effect 3, and hopefully making some progress in Kingdoms of Amalur.
Damn, it's a good time to be an RPG fan.

Peelzbury 04-27-2012 06:41 AM

reinstalled Aion at the behest of an old friend from my server last week.

The game is sick now, it's surprising actually that ncsoft pulled it off. But i'm playing this over STO currently. Everday it gets more fun - and that's saying a lot.

pros:
-f2p
-player housing. with lots cool features to keep you interested. u get a studio apartment to start.
-pve and pvp arena for 46+ - 50, 51 to 55, and 56 to 60. called The Crucible, did it yesterday the pve mode for the first time was a lot of fun.-
-The usual awesome pvp gameplay.

cons:
-it's a soul sucking mmo.
-Stupid rifting shield (damage reduction to players if ur in enemy territory) is still on.

docfate 04-27-2012 06:43 AM

I will be playing Health Care Law and Health Care Information Systems this weekend. Best games evar.

But between bouts of homework, I hope to finish Freespace 2 (LOVE gog.com) and get deep into Triss ... uh...I mean The Witcher 2:EE.

AspectVoid 04-27-2012 06:54 AM

I'm an NFL junkie, so when I have time, I'll be watching the draft. Also, I'm planning on getting together with friends this weekend to watch the five Marvel movies (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America) that lead up to Avengers for its release next week. Finally, I've just begun a play through of Persona 3 Portable. I haven't played P3 since its release on the PS2, so I am really digging this.

ovi 04-27-2012 07:27 AM

guild wars 2

Metal Jesus 04-27-2012 07:57 AM

I will be heading down to the Cowlitz retro gaming expo, which is where most of the local game stores sell off their stock for cheap. That means... I have no idea what I'll find and play, but that's half the fun!

ldi222 04-27-2012 07:59 AM

Guild Wars 2.

Spacebear 04-27-2012 08:18 AM

TRIBES ASCEND, BABY! There is also a MTG prerelease for the new set this weekend, so I'll be doing some dream crushing there. Civ 5 might be played, as I've had some nukes waiting to be dropped on some poor guy.

DeluxE 04-27-2012 08:26 AM

Mass Effect 3 multi again; gotta survive at least one Gold mission during operation Exorcist.

I can't believe how hooked I am on this game! I usually don't even look at the multiplayer componants for traditionally single player games, (Red Dead, DeadSpace, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed - never even played multi for one second!), but this is fun...

oldschooldimo 04-27-2012 08:44 AM

I will be playing TERA! Their headstart starts tomorrow!

shindakun 04-27-2012 08:56 AM

Guild Wars 2 beta weekend this weekend, so I'll probably be playing that, might even stream a bit too

Bumbuliuz 04-27-2012 09:28 AM

I will be playing: The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition on the Xbox 360.

Orphiuchus 04-27-2012 09:29 AM

Guild wars 2 beta if possible. Although I do have finals Monday and Tuesday.

MrE 04-27-2012 09:47 AM

Guild Wars 2 beta, followed by another play through of Torchlight, and I too am installing AION again. My daughter saw the tin box and asked about it. We saw they just went FtP this month and she wants to try it out. Should make for a fun weekend.

Medic454 04-27-2012 09:51 AM

Where are you guys finding the Guild Wars 2 beta? Is it a closed or open beta.

I have to play unpacking boxes because we just moved. I installed the Diablo 3 beta last weekend but missed out on playing it because the cable wasn't hooked up yet. I was screwed out of some gaming goodness.