Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 Hits the Bargain Bin (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168461)

Evil Avatar 04-24-2012 07:55 AM

Mass Effect 3 Hits the Bargain Bin
 

Amazon.com is having a one-day sale on Mass Effect 3. It is $29.99 for all three platforms: 360, PS3 & PC.

Whimbrel 04-24-2012 08:30 AM

Since I am still playing through the first one for the first time, I think I will hold off on buying this right now. I will comment for the nth time that these prices seem to be falling amazingly fast and gamers are being bombarded by great deals on great games all the time. I do remember when the only games on sale or clearance were between 2 and three years old. I used to actually look through the bargain bin at several retailers and the pickings back then were nowhere close to what we get today.

MrWheeler460 04-24-2012 08:39 AM

Aside from the "huh?" ending the game is amazing.

Metal Khaos 04-24-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whimbrel (Post 2114704)
Since I am still playing through the first one for the first time, I think I will hold off on buying this right now. I will comment for the nth time that these prices seem to be falling amazingly fast and gamers are being bombarded by great deals on great games all the time. I do remember when the only games on sale or clearance were between 2 and three years old. I used to actually look through the bargain bin at several retailers and the pickings back then were nowhere close to what we get today.

Agreed. I'd look at the bins to see maybe one or two decent titles and then tons of garbage. Usually which was just terrible licensed games. Nowadays a lot of the major games coming out hit the discounts faster and faster.

HB_IKE 04-24-2012 09:06 AM

When you have 10+ games that you want to play per year, you do tend to create a backlog ... which is amazing since that by the time you play things you PC will run it at full spec and you paid 75% of the original price =)

Disco 04-24-2012 09:07 AM

Great timing as I just finished ME2 last night. This will be set aside until Skyrim is finished though.

zorper 04-24-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWheeler460 (Post 2114706)
Aside from the "huh?" ending the game is amazing.

This +1.



.

lockwoodx 04-24-2012 09:28 AM

This means the $DLC must be close to finished.

Doc Brown 04-24-2012 09:36 AM

I'll grab it when it hits $10 on Steam, just like I did with the first 2.

Doc Brown 04-24-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Brown (Post 2114730)
I'll grab it when it hits $10 on Steam, just like I did with the first 2.

Oops, forgot this one's not on Steam.

ElektroDragon 04-24-2012 09:39 AM

Well I finally reached the ending of ME3 and WTF I thought it was GOOD? Figures that my opinion is different from 99% of gamers again.

I noticed that the three different choices resulted in the same outcome really except for coloring and character differences, which was a bit of cop out but SO not a big deal.

Nerd rage strikes again, I guess.

automaton 04-24-2012 09:43 AM

Not bargain bin enough for me considering I still have ME1&2 in the wrapper. I'll get to them one day.

saulob 04-24-2012 10:00 AM

Hm, I want this one for Diablo 3 :)

Agnostic Pope 04-24-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2114732)
Well I finally reached the ending of ME3 and WTF I thought it was GOOD? Figures that my opinion is different from 99% of gamers again.

I noticed that the three different choices resulted in the same outcome really except for coloring and character differences, which was a bit of cop out but SO not a big deal.

Nerd rage strikes again, I guess.

That is because you like space magic sex, indoctrination and 3 different colors.
:p

sai tyrus 04-24-2012 10:24 AM

Not low enough for me. Not yet.

Clancy 04-24-2012 10:43 AM

This isn't Bargin Bin, this is the price it should have launched at.
Wake me when it is $10 or less... THAT is Bargin bin.

Trickyicky 04-24-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2114732)
Well I finally reached the ending of ME3 and WTF I thought it was GOOD? Figures that my opinion is different from 99% of gamers again.

I noticed that the three different choices resulted in the same outcome really except for coloring and character differences, which was a bit of cop out but SO not a big deal.

Nerd rage strikes again, I guess.

I had the same initial feeling. I liked it, it was cool, I didn't understand why everyone was so angry.

But, after thinking about it, it really is a letdown. I'm not angry, it was just so much less than what it could have been. In a game series based entirely around the choices you made, to have the ending be a few colour swaps of the same cutscene where literally NOTHING you did for the ENTIRE series changes the ending at all, it's just sad. I do have some hope that the extended ending will make up for some of it, though.

Pluvious 04-24-2012 11:07 AM

The problem I had with the ending was that it created so many gaping plot holes and inconsistency's that I was left just scratching my head. Until I watched this video I was thought it was overblown as well. Check out this now that you finished ElektroDragon .. it may nudge you over to understanding the nerd rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E

blackzc 04-24-2012 11:35 AM

30$ isnt quite the bargain bin.

Mazzicc 04-24-2012 12:22 PM

$30 for a triple-a game that only launched a couple months ago is pretty bargain-bin to me.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.