Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Resident Evil 6 is Three Times Longer than RE5 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167595)

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-10-2012 10:35 PM

Resident Evil 6 is Three Times Longer than RE5

Nowgamer.com caught up with Game Director Eiichiro Sasaki, and he comfirmed that Resident Evil 6's length with with TRIPLE the length of Resident Evil 5.

Quote:

"The three characters each have their own story and you can choose whichever one you want and play that story, experience that characterís story," Sasaki told us.

"In terms of length, each characterís story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together youíre getting something that is much longer. While each characterís story stands alone, all of the characters wind up in the same area of the game, in China, so there is a certain level of overlap. They stand on their own but they do overlap in certain areas. You donít have to play them all, of course."
Good to hear that games are getting LONGER. I for one like that, I undrestand why certain individuals dont, but when we are paying 60 bucks for games, longer is better.

serioustommy 04-11-2012 02:48 AM

everytime I see that logo I just see a man having a sexy go at a giraffe :(

Blog 04-11-2012 05:09 AM

I wonder if each character will have their own part of an overarching story, like Code Veronica, or if they'll be 'alternate reality' versions of each other, like RE2.

Although the more I think about it, I'd be happy either way.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog (Post 2111254)
I wonder if each character will have their own part of an overarching story, like Code Veronica, or if they'll be 'alternate reality' versions of each other, like RE2.

Although the more I think about it, I'd be happy either way.

It says in the article that every character has their own story, and they overlap in some areas, but all end up in China.

Well there you go, Resident Evil is going to China.

And yes, I agree, I no longer see a 6, I see a giraffe getting blown. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

DingBat 04-11-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg (Post 2111218)
[CENTER]
Good to hear that games are getting LONGER. I for one like that, I undrestand why certain individuals dont, but when we are paying 60 bucks for games, longer is better.

Yes, because a longer "Resident Evil: Raccoon City" would have been better too. Oh, wait.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2111262)
Yes, because a longer "Resident Evil: Raccoon City" would have been better too. Oh, wait.

Now, now, I didn't say that. And Raccoon City "had" promise, but they ended up screwing that up. I havent played it myself, but the concept was ok.

automaton 04-11-2012 08:01 AM

I don't understand what universe you live in where the length of a game has anything to do with quality. What kind of a statement is "longer is better?" A good game leaves you wanting more.

Orphiuchus 04-11-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automaton (Post 2111297)
I don't understand what universe you live in where the length of a game has anything to do with quality. What kind of a statement is "longer is better?" A good game leaves you wanting more.

No, a good game leaves you satisfied. An otherwise good but under-long game leaves you wanting more.

That's the difference between a 9 and a 10 in my book.

unleashbass 04-11-2012 08:37 AM

What happened to SURVIVAL HORROR? this just looks like yet another shooter, Boo!

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphiuchus (Post 2111304)
No, a good game leaves you satisfied. An otherwise good but under-long game leaves you wanting more.

That's the difference between a 9 and a 10 in my book.

Totally agree with this. And I did mean longer equals a better game, my statement is all about the length. The longer the game, the better. I hate picking up a game, and beating it in 10 hours. I would rather have that game, last 30 hours. This is why I gravitate to RPGs. Most people steer clear of them for their lengths, I steer directly at them.

I want to feel like I am getting my money back in a game. Sure, longer doesn't mean better quality, but in the sense of time, wouldnt you want a product you paid 60 dollars for last as long as possible to get the total value out of it in essence of time?

With a triple A title, yes I am putting this in there because this is Capcom's flag ship game, I expect 60 dollars worth of story, length, visuals, and sound.

PSPfreak 04-11-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg (Post 2111256)
It says in the article that every character has their own story, and they overlap in some areas, but all end up in China.

Well there you go, Resident Evil is going to China.

And yes, I agree, I no longer see a 6, I see a giraffe getting blown. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Ah, makes sense. First we shot Spaniards, then black people, and now Asians. The RE racism train continues!

mrbrick 04-11-2012 09:00 AM

I like hearing about games getting longer. Especially action heavy ones.

It looks like the over lapping stories are going to have different themes. Im betting 1 will be action heavy, 1 will be survival heavy and the last will be ?.

Im looking forward to this even though I thought RE5 lacked that sexy RE polish that I love. Or lack of polish. I am sad that they are moving away from the survival horror aspect. CoD has really ruined the image of a blockbuster game. Its given the industry this impression that its either high octane testosterone action all the time or you are not going to sell a bajillion units. Pretty sure Skyrim is proving other wise. Hell even big movies span other genres too.

I hope this game turns out decent.

PSPfreak 04-11-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrick (Post 2111316)
It looks like the over lapping stories are going to have different themes. Im betting 1 will be action heavy, 1 will be survival heavy and the last will be ?.

That would be DAMN awesome, kind of similar to how Revelations was but in a full-fledged console sequel.

But sadly I must say... after the catastrophe that was Operation Raccoon City, I have my doubts about this game.

Syl 04-11-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSPfreak (Post 2111314)
Ah, makes sense. First we shot Spaniards, then black people, and now Asians. The RE racism train continues!

To be fair we started off shooting whites for the first 5 games of the series or so. Think of it as genocide equality.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2111324)
To be fair we started off shooting whites for the first 5 games of the series or so. Think of it as genocide equality.

Or we could just get off the race thing and think to ourselves that we have been killing mutated humans. That is how I look at it at least.

As for the style of game, I am optimistic, I dont look at Raccoon City as a threat to this game. It seems they were being produced at the same time, and this game looks to be the superior one (so far). The question that maybe we aren't asking is, did Raccoon City suffer because of the development of RE6?

Syl 04-11-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg (Post 2111326)
Or we could just get off the race thing and think to ourselves that we have been killing mutated humans. That is how I look at it at least.

As for the style of game, I am optimistic, I dont look at Raccoon City as a threat to this game. It seems they were being produced at the same time, and this game looks to be the superior one (so far). The question that maybe we aren't asking is, did Raccoon City suffer because of the development of RE6?

Hey, we've also killed plenty of mutated lizards, spiders, sharks, alligators, ants, bugs, alien facehuggers and lord of the ring trolls. Also a couple giant sea monsters and don't forget about tentacled everything.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2111329)
Hey, we've also killed plenty of mutated lizards, spiders, sharks, alligators, ants, bugs, alien facehuggers and lord of the ring trolls. Also a couple giant sea monsters and don't forget about tentacled everything.

Damn it man, how could you forget the RATS. :D

Syl 04-11-2012 09:40 AM

I also forgot the Dogs. Those fucking dogs.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-11-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syl (Post 2111334)
I also forgot the Dogs. Those fucking dogs.

Oh the freaking dogs... the first time they jumped thru those windows, I knew I would hate those damn dogs.

Agnostic Pope 04-11-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSPfreak (Post 2111323)
That would be DAMN awesome, kind of similar to how Revelations was but in a full-fledged console sequel.

But sadly I must say... after the catastrophe that was Operation Raccoon City, I have my doubts about this game.

You've seen the light!