Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ghost Recon Future Soldier has Horde Mode (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167472)

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-09-2012 10:46 PM

Ghost Recon Future Soldier has Horde Mode

Kotaku is reporting that Ghost Recon Future Soldier has a horde mode.

Quote:

Developer/publisher Ubisoft didn't show off much of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier at PAX East. I experienced the tactical shooter through rounds of Guerilla mode, tackling up to 50 waves of increasingly difficult hordes of soldier enemies with three fellow elite Ghosts.

For those not familiar with the franchise, it's easy to recognize the heavy emphasis on gadgetry and futuristic warfare once you take control of the third-person perspective soliders. Your HUD is detailed, and maybe even too complicated for less enthusiastic players. But that will be part of the appeal for gamers who are looking for a tech-involved experience that includes things like sensor grenades and Cross Com goggles to scope out intel on enemies rather than just depending on the mini-map to locate potential threats, as most shooters do.
What game doesn't have a multiplayer horde mode type game nowadays?

sai tyrus 04-10-2012 03:03 AM

They always had something of that sort. You'd just crawl through the maps and blow people away. I hope they still have that. Even though I'm not getting the game soon, if ever!

Azrael 04-10-2012 04:32 AM

Looks kinda cool, could possibly get into it. Though never played the Ghost Recon games before

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-10-2012 06:32 AM

The one thing I always enjoyed about the GR games is their versatility.

CrazyPepe 04-10-2012 07:17 AM

I hope they still have the co-op missions. Horde mode is just about finding a good defensive position and holding it, that always gets boring to me. Terrorist hunt is why I still play GRAW and Rainbow six to this day.

SaintBlitzkrieg 04-10-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPepe (Post 2110955)
I hope they still have the co-op missions. Horde mode is just about finding a good defensive position and holding it, that always gets boring to me. Terrorist hunt is why I still play GRAW and Rainbow six to this day.

Amen, I hope they keep a lot of that kind of stuff. That is what I meant by the versatility of the game. You essentially could make any game mode you wanted in the GRAW series.

Hell, Graw 1 had a "horde" mode back then before we knew it as horde mode. I remember playing it with my uncle. I believe GRAW 2 had an achievement for it as well. Sure it wasn't waved, it was more of a constant, but still the fact remains.

Franjo 04-10-2012 09:27 AM

I will stop trolling Ghost Recon 3040 AD posts and saying how they should be going back to Ghost Recon, Desert Seige and Island Thunder type of games. Sorry for being annoying.

lockwoodx 04-10-2012 09:33 AM

I miss Joint Operations.

GodFather 04-10-2012 12:22 PM

Just what we need another horde mode in a game..

CrazyPepe 04-10-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg (Post 2110956)
Hell, Graw 1 had a "horde" mode back then before we knew it as horde mode. I remember playing it with my uncle. I believe GRAW 2 had an achievement for it as well. Sure it wasn't waved, it was more of a constant, but still the fact remains. .

Yeah, you have to survive 60 minutes of non-stop action to get it. Crazy achievement.

Dag-Sabot 04-10-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franjo (Post 2110985)
I will stop trolling Ghost Recon 3040 AD posts and saying how they should be going back to Ghost Recon, Desert Seige and Island Thunder type of games. Sorry for being annoying.

No, not at all I feel the same way.