Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gears of War 3: Forces of Nature DLC Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163880)

Evil Avatar 02-17-2012 10:13 AM

Gears of War 3: Forces of Nature DLC Announced
 

Epic Games has announced another DLC map pack for Gears of War 3, the Forces of Nature pack.

Quote:

All of the new maps in the just-announced Gears of War 3 DLC “Forces of Nature” take place during or after a natural disaster. There are three brand new maps, Cove, Aftermath and Artillery. Two old fan favorites will be making a return, Jacinto and Raven Down. Fog, snowstorms and tsunamis will make playing these maps quite an adventure.

There are also special weapons hidden in the maps during Horde and Beast mode called “Elemental Cleavers.” The cleavers do different types of damage, like an imulsion cleaver that explodes on impact. Forces of Nature CharactersFans will also be treated to four character models and seven new weapon skins. Two of the weapon skins, which were designed based on community feedback, will need to be unlocked. There is also 250 gamerscore points added with this DLC.

We listen closely to your suggestions and feedback and we’re happy to announce that the game mode Guardian will be making a return with the “Forces of Nature” DLC.

The Forces of Nature DLC will be 800 MS Points and Gears of War 3 Season Pass holders will get the content free when it launches on March 27.

sai tyrus 02-17-2012 11:16 AM

Maybe I'll check these out, but unlikely. After ME3, I'm probably done with consoles.

Evil Avatar 02-17-2012 12:19 PM

I get these as part of my season pass, but I haven't been playing a ton of multiplayer because there are just so many good releases out now to burn through.

SaintBlitzkrieg 02-17-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2096860)
I get these as part of my season pass, but I haven't been playing a ton of multiplayer because there are just so many good releases out now to burn through.

Yeah, thats where I am at right now. Come ME3 day, even more to play, but I know I will go back. My buds love Horde, so all in due time we will be hitting this up again.

Skunk 02-17-2012 03:28 PM

Still playing Gears of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine multiplayer.

Why go somewhere else when I can get the bulky TPS in a Space Marine skin?

Evil Avatar 02-18-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2096855)
Maybe I'll check these out, but unlikely. After ME3, I'm probably done with consoles.

Scary news for you, my friend. Console games are pretty much the only games right now and there are new console systems hitting store shelves next year.

GunnSgtHartman 02-19-2012 06:24 AM

I wish I could play multiplayer GoW3. I had fun while the "Casual" playlist was available until level 15, but now I just get raped every single time I try to play. I barely can kill anyone, and I always end up with a team of newbies and we get owned like 14-0. I guess it's "fun" for the level 99 guys, but it is totally frustrating instead for people like me.

Maybe they should keep a "Beginner" playlist around based on skills for the next game because they totally shot themselves in the foot by making newbies play with hardcore players. This is no COD where you always have a chance to come back.

sai tyrus 02-19-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2097062)
Scary news for you, my friend. Console games are pretty much the only games right now and there are new console systems hitting store shelves next year.

I'll play the ports. It's okay. :)

Evil Avatar 02-19-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai tyrus (Post 2097159)
I'll play the ports. It's okay. :)

They certainly are fun to play in higher resolution. If only EA & Valve would go back to playing nice.

Evil Avatar 02-19-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman (Post 2097157)
I wish I could play multiplayer GoW3. I had fun while the "Casual" playlist was available until level 15, but now I just get raped every single time I try to play. I barely can kill anyone, and I always end up with a team of newbies and we get owned like 14-0. I guess it's "fun" for the level 99 guys, but it is totally frustrating instead for people like me.

Maybe they should keep a "Beginner" playlist around based on skills for the next game because they totally shot themselves in the foot by making newbies play with hardcore players. This is no COD where you always have a chance to come back.

Play more. I'm not that great and I get a ton of kills. Stick to play lists like Horde Mode or King of the Hill where it isn't quite as competitive because there are objectives to watch out for.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.