Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Killing Floor Sells Over 1 Million Copies on PC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163658)

Emabulator 02-14-2012 08:41 PM

Killing Floor Sells Over 1 Million Copies on PC

Independent developer Tripwire Interactive has announced its co-op survival horror FPS, Killing Floor, has sold over 1 million copies. You can purchase the game on sale at 85% off on Steam for the next two days.

Quote:

Tripwire Interactive are thrilled to announce that Killing Floor has sold more than 1 million copies on PC - and is still selling strongly! This is a major achievement from any game studio as few games, even multi-million-dollar AAA titles, ever sell over 1 million copies on PC. As a truly independent outfit who have funded ourselves all the way, we are particularly proud of the achievement. Our thanks go to all the developers of the Killing Floor mod and everyone on the team here at Tripwire Interactive, who's continued support has made the game such a huge success. We would also like to thank all the members of the community who have made maps and other add-ons for the game, with the Killing Floor SDK. And, most importantly, we offer our thanks to all of the fans and everyone who has bought the game over the past two years and helped make Killing Floor the cultural phenomenon that it is today.

As everyone loves stats, here are some of the important ones:
  • 1.1 MILLION copies of Killing Floor sold on PC in 2 and a half years
  • Nearly 2 million Killing Floor DLC packs sold
  • 45 MILLION hours of Killing Floor played to date
  • 440 MILLION Zeds have been dispatched in Achievements alone - including more than a quarter-million Christmas Santa
  • Zeds are being killed by you at the rate of over 20,000 an hour!
  • Hundreds of custom maps have been created by the community
But we're not just here to brag! In fact we've decided to do something very special to celebrate the 1 million copies milestone. For the next three days we're practically giving the game away with a massive discount of 85% as the "Midweek Madness" feature on Steam this week. That is the cheapest we've ever sold the game for. If you have friends who don't yet play the game, now is the time to educate them on the joys of Killing Floor. You all go on playing the games we make for PC and we'll go on making and supporting them!

Emabulator 02-14-2012 08:58 PM

The Killing Floor bundle for $4.78 is a great deal. It's even fun to play solo against the bots.

ElfShotTheFood 02-14-2012 09:01 PM

It's on sale for $5 somewhere every week, so it's not surprising it sold that many copies. ;)

Try as I might, I couldn't get into this game. It just feels very amateurish.

mrbrick 02-14-2012 09:39 PM

I loved L4D1+2. Im surprised I havent played this yet

Azrael 02-15-2012 03:51 AM

actually this game is a lot of fun, small learning curve but enjoyable. Different having a game without a crosshair for once. My mates and I lanned this for a while and had a absolute ball

blackzc 02-15-2012 04:00 AM

I just got it for 2.99. Game plus a mod.

Blog 02-15-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrick (Post 2096233)
I loved L4D1+2. Im surprised I havent played this yet

Killing Floor feels a lot like L4D, but it plays more like CS. That's not a bad thing.

I don't play it nearly enough, but I always have a good time when I do.

lockwoodx 02-15-2012 07:28 AM

Killing Floor is a great game but it can be repetitive so play it a weekend or so, then take a few months off before you'll be ready to go back to it.

Orphiuchus 02-15-2012 08:01 AM

I jump in and play a few rounds every month or so. Very fun game.

CSargeP 02-15-2012 10:18 AM

Lodsa money!

MrE 02-15-2012 10:49 AM

Well, I picked it up on STEAM and, well, its not bad. Though I think there is a slight learning curve to it (how the hell do I heal myself?!!), I can see running this co-op with a friend. It does feel more CS'ish than LfD2. And for some odd reason, the normally soothing English accent announcer grates my nerves in this game.

Anenome 02-16-2012 12:54 AM

Don't try to play it singleplayer :\