Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Anenome

1. Old Comment

How to Get 10,000 Posts in 2 Years

Posts are useless, hell bitter non posters seem to think because of a person's big post number that person posts are nothing but mediocre shit. (Post envy) Yet this is wrong as they post once a month saying lol, I love you guys please don't ban me after they get told they are hated by pretty much anybody they remember.
  2. Old Comment

"Teenial" is a Word

Maybe in 5 years it will become a meme...until then it will still be cool to use it.
  3. Old Comment

I don't think he liked the new policy on being nice and not talking politics :shrug:
  4. Old Comment

What did you do to Johan? :P
  5. Old Comment

How to Insert Youtube Videos

It doesn't matter if you use capital Y or not in the tags. Capitalization matters not at all in tags.
  6. Old Comment

How to Insert Youtube Videos

Do not use capital Y though...
  7. Old Comment
  8. Old Comment

Johan is Wrong (not the first time)

No, incomprehensible. When I have no clue what you even mean.
    Updated 12-22-2010 at 10:17 PM by Anenome
  9. Old Comment

You mean when you don't like what I say. Right..
  10. Old Comment

It's all in good fun; I only tag you when you say something incomprehensible :P
  11. Old Comment

Well at least he doesn't go around tagging people for no damn reason. Grow a pair!
  12. Old Comment

The Pun Police Want my Head

Too short a blog. Be a little creative maybe leave in notes? See? Useless...
  13. Old Comment

Elpresidente Wins ;)

The beast still lives?
  14. Old Comment
  15. Old Comment

Elpresidente Wins ;)

He only defeated the first of my multi-forms.
  16. Old Comment
  17. Old Comment

Teecakes is ridiculous and on-display

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
    I think I can sum up Teecakes using pictures. And his avatar is oh-so-appropriate for this one:

18. Old Comment

I'm going to use snarky T-shirts to respond to Teecakes from now on, too funny

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
    Whoa, look out, angry Tee!

19. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Teecakes
    Even so, I would highly disagree with you being that it's my opinion that everything about the PS3/PSN experience trumps that of the 360/XBL paid-one. But then again, this is getting into subjective opinion, not fact-based statistics.
    - I see what you did there. Slipping in that little "free" / "paid for" caveat. Not gonna work. You're not as sly as you like. Fact is, on the PS3 you can't even pay for the same experience the paid for 360 experience offers. There's less choice, and consequently less service. On the PS3 you're stuck with the crappy unpaid experience whether you like it or not. See, that's the opposite spin of what you just tried to pull off. STOP SPINNING SHIT. He's completely right that the PS3 experience falls behind the 360, paid or not. Everything we do in gaming is paid anyway!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Teecakes
    You don't know what the future will bring. Perhaps Sony's "Move" will catch on sales 'fire' just like the Wii did before it. Nobody expected the Wii to double the amount of units the 360 sold with it's year-long head start, but it has easily. Nobody can say for sure if the PS3 won't do the same in the remainder of this gen, but one thing's clear-- the percentage increases year-over-year for the PS3 certainly give people some fact-based evidence that it can (hence why it's a relevant stat, yet again).
    - Again with the unreasonable optimism. Sure, no one can say "for sure" the Move won't explode in sales. But no one can say that it will either. No one can say the moon won't crash into the earth next month. But there's also no reason that we can see TODAY why it would. So your statement amounts to a "what if" argument that carries no weight.

But we know what's likely, historically: Move and Natal will be niche products, just as Motion+ is. Reasonable people will be surprised by any other outcome, because that is by far the most likely one. You have to launch a peripheral with the console or mass adoption doesn't generally follow. Neither does every Wii owner have a balance board. Since the Move is a 'me too' controller, it's unlikely to find the same sort of reception the Wii got when it was truly new to everyone and a game changer.

Plus, Move + PS3 puts the console back into premium territory at some $400, whereas you can have essentially the same experience on the Wii for $250.

Beyond that is the demographic problem the PS3 has that the Wii does not. The Wii appealed to kids and adults that have kids, and was very amenable to people who'd never played a console before, like the elderly.

I'm not sure some elderly could even get through the PS3 browser/launcher menus to start a game. And all those buttons. Move is clearly the hardcore version of the Wii, not something for new adopters. Thus, again, it's a niche product.

Penny-arcade sums up Teecakes, hehe:

20. Old Comment

Skit: Infinity Ward Out, Sledgehammer In for Call of Duty

The game will sell like crack though. (sadly)