Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Anenome

Rate this Entry

Syndicate: EA's Secret Project

Posted 05-09-2010 at 09:14 PM by Anenome

It seems EA and Strabreeze have been working on a Syndicate update. I'm super excited, my favorite series ever.

Update: Project Red is not Syndicate, but it's also not what Starbreeze is working on. Keep hope alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post

As a huge fan of the exceptional and unique 90's games Syndicate and Syndicate Wars, I bring you the happy news of a sequel. Word came down two years ago that EA and Starbreeze were "deep in development" on a secret project codenamed "Project RedLime" that was supposed to "revitalize [one of EA's] most acclaimed classic franchises" for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Starbreeze, as you may remember, was the developer of the well-received PC FPS "Chronicles of Riddick:BB."

At the time no one knew what classic EA franchise was being referred to. That changed when Supererogatory spotted three US patent filings for a Syndicate-titled game co-owned by EA and Starbreeze:

But that was a year ago.

Now, Australia's ratings board, the OFLC, has rated a game by EA codenamed "Project Red" giving it a mature rating which is hopefully the long-awaited game. After outing the game previously in US patent filings, it appears EA has wised up and begun using codenames. This could mean development is wrapping up and an announcement is pending.

I hope so! If we're lucky we'll see a release this Christmas at the latest. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!! Click HERE for an artist's conception of box art for the rumored game. That's how much pent-up demand exists.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6596 Comments 1 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    "The FPS-game in question from Starbreeze will have 4-player co-op with crucial healing your squadmates when they are low on health and the ability to see through walls, and will not be XBLA but a disc game with full Xbox Live support." "
    http://forum.starbreeze.com/viewtopic.php?id=905