Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Anenome

Rate this Entry

How to Get 10,000 Posts in 2 Years

Posted 12-03-2010 at 05:50 PM by Anenome

I've developed some tricks of the trade over the years for posting on EvAv.

There's one main concern: find new content.

That's actually fairly difficult to do on EvAv. Unless you know the trick I'm about to divulge, just clicking on "New Posts" will inundate you with potentially hundreds of RSS feeds and old dead threads.

1. Go to the front page. In the upper left-hand corner of the site, click on "Forums", it's right under "Main Menu".

2. Go to the bottom of the page then scroll up just a bit until you see the section titled "RSS Feeds". This next step will remove these from your life, just long enough to get them out of the way.

3. Here's the part you might never have been able to guess: There are five RSS feeds. Just to the left of each RSS feed is an icon. If you mouse-hover over the icon it will say, "Double-click on this icon to marks the forum's contents as read". This is what you want to do.

Each icon shows whether there's unread messages inside it. Double-click each of the five icons until each RSS feed changes to the "read" icon. You'll see.

4. Now, scroll up to the top of the page and hit "New Posts". You will receive only content posted by EvAv posters without having to wade through hundreds of RSS feeds.

(Reds indicated that they read through some 400 RSS feeds a day >_> no thank you)

Now, the first time you try this you might get so many unread posts that you just cannot fathom even reading them all. So what you need to do is go back a page and go down to the bottom and use the "Mark All Forums Read" button. This will remove all posts, but everything from then on will be absolutely new, and you will not have to deal with RSS bullcrap as long as you keep clicking those icons before you do hit "New Posts".

So, there you have it. The secret for how to never miss a single reply to anything you've ever written, and for staying on top of every conversation you have going on the site.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6918 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Posts are useless, hell bitter non posters seem to think because of a person's big post number that person posts are nothing but mediocre shit. (Post envy) Yet this is wrong as they post once a month saying lol, I love you guys please don't ban me after they get told they are hated by pretty much anybody they remember.
  2. Old Comment
    Interesting.