PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition Details

pwnophobia
11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
http://evavhost.com/i/news/me2-n7.png

Mass Effect 2 is set to hit North American shelves on January 26th, 2010 and now Bioware has released the details on its CE.

Mass Effect 2's CE will include: a tin case, the full version of the game, a 48-page hardcover “Art of Mass Effect 2” book, Issue 1 of the Mass Effect Redemption comic book, and a bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes and making-of videos. In addition, the Mass Effect 2 Collectors’ Edition will include unique in-game weapons and armor that can only be obtained by purchasing this version. All of this can be yours for $69.99 for XBOX 360 or $59.99 for the PC.

“We’re really excited to roll out this Collectors’ Edition featuring so many unique items, including special Collectors’ Edition armor and weapons and content that will surprise Mass Effect fans,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. “The limited edition comic book and bonus DVD will really enhance and expand the overall Mass Effect 2 experience.”

Click on the headline for a picture of the armor, the CE box cover and full press release.

pwnophobia
11-05-2009, 06:46 AM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7625/mass2cx360pftfront.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4558/collectorarmorillustrat.jpg

Edmonton, Alberta (November 5, 2009) – Recruit your crew and fight for the lost! Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the internationally acclaimed Shooter RPG Mass Effect™ 2 will also be released as a Collectors’ Edition in limited quantities. Available on January 26 in North America (Jan 29 in EU) alongside the standard edition, the Collectors’ Edition of Mass Effect 2 comes in a premium, tin case and includes the full version of the game, a 48-page hardcover “Art of Mass Effect 2” book, Issue 1 of the Mass Effect Redemption comic book, and a bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes and making-of videos. In addition, the Mass Effect 2 Collectors’ Edition will include unique in-game weapons and armor that can only be obtained by purchasing this version. With its larger-than-life hero Commander Shepard, intense shooter action, nuanced characters and a rich storyline, Mass Effect 2 is one of the most anticipated titles of 2010.

“We’re really excited to roll out this Collectors’ Edition featuring so many unique items, including special Collectors’ Edition armor and weapons and content that will surprise Mass Effect fans,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. “The limited edition comic book and bonus DVD will really enhance and expand the overall Mass Effect 2 experience.”

The Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it’s potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience.

Mass Effect 2 will be available on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and PC. The Mass Effect 2 Collectors’ Edition will retail at an MSRP of $69.99 on Xbox 360 and $59.99 on PC. Mass Effect 2 assets are available at info.ea.com. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/masseffect2. For more information on Mass Effect 2, go to http://masseffect.bioware.com/.

modeps
11-05-2009, 06:57 AM
fucking sold.

Shela Monster
11-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I think I'll just get the regular one and wait for Mirosoft to accidentally release the CE items for free download.

That armor is sick as hell though...
But I hate Tin cases, don't care about Art and DVD crap.
I just like the pretty extras I can use!

~Shela Monster

Mister Pie
11-05-2009, 08:07 AM
When's this coming out again?

Earth Djinn
11-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Yep; I'll be getting this.

I love Steelbook cases and that armor looks incredibly badass.

Whimbrel
11-05-2009, 08:21 AM
It is tempting, but I haven't finished the first Mass Effect yet, or Bioshock, or Fable 1 or 2, or any Fallout game, or The Witcher. And I just got to start Dragon Age last night. It was a harrowing beginning, but I made it.

Can't we just stop making these for a few years while I catch up? Just make shooters, sports games, puzzle games, and racing games until 2012 and I promise I will do better at getting through this backlog.

Johan
11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I promise I will do better at getting through this backlog.

Use your backlog as a money-saving device. Keep a list of games you want to buy, continually adding to it, while playing through the backlog. When you are ready for a new title, buy the oldest one on your list.

You may also find that some of the games on your list either get dropped off of it due to word-of-mouth reviews, or that the content is improved/added to.

Frostburn
11-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Good advice there, that is why I haven't bought Dragon Age yet. I'm playing through The Witcher Enhanced Edition and I'm loving it. I'll pick up Dragon Age and ME2 when I have less backlog and more time to play. Still going through Borderlands for Xbox 360 and Uncharted 2 for PS3 as well.

HALO 32
11-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Excellent!

I will take one for Xbox 360 and one for PC please. :D

Whimbrel
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
In terms of my backlog, I already own most of what is on there. Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are in last place and I have not purchased them yet. I did splurge and get Dragon Age, which was the first "new" game I have purchased for myself at full retail in about two years. I guess I am just a sucker for Bioware because of how much fun I have had with their other games. Shattered Steel and the DS Sonic title are the only games of theirs that I have not really played. And I am still looking for a good deal on that DS game for my daughter for X-mas. The games I have played the most this past year are Deus Ex 1, Baldur's Gate 1, and Titan Quest, with some recent enjoyment of my $5 purchase of Drakensang- which I find to be both lovely and quirky.

By the way, I got Spellforce 1 up and running on my pc with Win 7 with no problems, bugs, or glitches whatsoever. I had no idea that it came with both expansion packs! For $.90 we got a hell of a deal on that one.

Johan
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
By the way, I got Spellforce 1 up and running on my pc with Win 7 with no problems, bugs, or glitches whatsoever. I had no idea that it came with both expansion packs! For $.90 we got a hell of a deal on that one.

It was a helluva deal. Have you tried Spellforce 2? You'll need a 5x8 product key. Check the cd case to see if either of your keys is 5x8. It's a coin toss whether it is or not. I think they outsourced the "stick product key sticker on the case" job to a retarded monkey on a deserted tropical island somewhere.

If you can't get it to work, PM me and I'll happily help.

Methos
11-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Excellent!

I will take one for Xbox 360 and one for PC please. :D

^^^ Added needed text here! :D

TheBot
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
"The Mass Effect trilogy"

Eh?

modeps
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
"The Mass Effect trilogy"

Eh?

It has been a planned trilogy from the start.

spdiscus
11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm all for Johan's backlog strategy, but it does mean a lot of muting/fast-forwarding in podcasts. Especially with the new folks who've decided the release-to-spoiler statute of limitation is now a week and a half.
/off-topic

FreezaSama
11-05-2009, 02:38 PM
DO WANT.

I'm such a whore for anything Mass Effect...

I hope Prima manages to release another LE guide bundled with a hardcover artbook. The one for the first game beat the crap out of the dinky one that came with the CE edition of the game.

Chimpbot
11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Based off of that screenshot, it looks like Shepard comes across a Guyver unit if you buy the CE.

I'm down for that.

Whimbrel
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Well you made me curious about Spellforce 2, Johan. I just installed it and the sticker on my case has a 5x5 code instead of a 5x8. Looks liek I was one of the unlucky ones, although recently I have done pretty well getting tech support for a wide range of things.

Anenome
11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Based off of that screenshot, it looks like Shepard comes across a Guyver unit if you buy the CE.

I'm down for that.
Lol, nice one XD

Johan
11-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Well you made me curious about Spellforce 2, Johan. I just installed it and the sticker on my case has a 5x5 code instead of a 5x8. Looks liek I was one of the unlucky ones, although recently I have done pretty well getting tech support for a wide range of things.

Check your PMs.