PDA

View Full Version : Necrovision Reclassified for Aus Release

lost
05-25-2009, 04:07 PM
It was the first game of 2009 to be banned down under but the developers have managed to tone down the violence and appease the classification board.

The game was initially refused classification for excessive violence, but the Classification Board has confirmed to GameSpot AU that Necrovision has now received an M rating after a modified version was submitted for reclassification. According to the Board, the violence in Necrovision has been toned down to the level where it is "moderate in playing impact and justified by context." Because there's no R18+ rating for video games in Australia, any game deemed unsuitable for the MA15+ rating is effectively banned.

"Players frequently kill zombie enemies with gunfire or by employing dynamite or hand-to-hand, ‘melee-style’ combat. Some of the violence includes shooting with a nail gun, implied stabbing or slashing with bayonets and entrapment using barbed wire," the Board said in a statement. "The Board notes that blood detail appears throughout the game as a grey 'dust' effect when enemies are hit. Zombies fly into the air or their bodies jerk when bullets impact. However, no further injury or wound detail is visible."

More at Gamespot. (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6210164.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6210164)

Looks like some cheap thrills. Anybody played it?

brandonjclark
05-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I've played this and let me say that if you go into it without reading the reviews and just try to enjoy it, you will. It's not the best, but it's not the worst.....

I liked it.

alienchild
05-26-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm definately getting this. I really enjoy the Painkiller-type gameplay. The only thing I don't like about this game is that judging by the screenshots, the 10 levels in this game looks quite similar. You know, like everything is brown in Quake. Part of what made the Painkiller games (which this is bound to be compared with) is the diversity in the levels, and that each had a theme.

Jamikazi
05-26-2009, 06:47 AM
I tried to enjoy the demo on steam. I really did. But almost had no idea what was going on/what needed to be done. And the load times were pretty awful